Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E DEC 14TH (Read 437 times)

And here they are... Dark Horse-9.25 miles+200 situps and pushups+30 leg and arm curls+30 lats and squats+50 wrist curls...hope you feel better soon...try easing up a bit dg-25.2 miles +20 min elliptical + 3:24 strength + some walking and biking...still a solid week Dutchie-16.9K...keep it up evanflein-44.5 miles + 4.6 elliptial +2 walking + 30 min pool running + over 2 hours core/strength...WOW eliz-10.2 + 1.6 walking...quality over quantity evryday-30 miles...and the ramp up continues fatozzig-33.64 miles ...great 30K!!! lyndenrunner-24 miles ...ick nowor-14 miles + yoga and stuff...I see travel in your future pfriese-40 miles...just like you planned tetsujin-I hope your foot gets better soon...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-6@8:14 Tue-Off Wed-5@8:19 Thur-5@7:35 Fri-3@8:33 Sat-USATF Club X-Country Championships...10K Sun-Off Total=25.2 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Tallies? We don't need no stinkin' tallies! OK, maybe we do. I kinda like seein' em. Thanks Lyndenrunner! Mon....rest...............rest Tues...6rest..............3miles Wed...9miles.............no run Thurs..rest...............no run Frid....rest...............9miles Sat....6miles.............6miles Sun... 12miles...........12miles Total....30 miles
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Dutchie42

No taliies Surprised That's OK, I know my running is lacking the last two months Undecided Mon...cramming for an exam. And worrying about this painful spot on my R-bicep with a red rectangular area extending down. Feels a bit warm. Tue...30min TM run+30min LB -> still cramming early this morning. After tonight, it'll all be over Big grin Wed..60min UB, but it would depend on what's going on with my bicep. -> Sigh, this is really not going well. Put the xmas lights in the tree this morning, instead of working out. The tree's been up for 5 days already without any lights or decorations. Had no time. Thu...60min TM run + 20min LB -> Decorating the rest of the house. Should've been running. Plus one sick kid (16 yo). Told him to stay away from me. I'm such a bad mom. Fri.....60min UB, but it would depend on what's going on with my bicep. -> Expecting early xmas visitors tonight so tidying and cleaning this morning. Does that count as a w/o? Sat....45min doggie fun run + 30min LB 30min UB endurance pyramid style, plus 41 min interval on the TM (6.58K) and 20min LB endurance. Sun...60min easy run ->NOTHING to report Total mileage: 6.58K, another pathetic week.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks, Gordon! After my 44.5 miles of running last week, I think this will be a bit of a cutback week. Feels strange to say that after just starting back into the running a couple weeks ago, but hey... [ETA: ok, maybe not] Dark Horse, if you're out there, tell us what the vet says! Monday: Noon: 10 min. elliptical warm up (1.1 mile), 30 minutes upper body weights; evening: 40 mins pool running Tuesday: 5.06 miles easy pace, .55 mile walking Wednesday: Noon: 10 min. elliptical warm up (1.06 mile), 30+ mins legs/abs; evening: 7.05 miles , 8:31 avg pace Thursday: 5.5 miles at lunch, 8:21 avg pace, w/ 4 x .5 mile repeats at 7:41; .4 mile walk w/u and c/d Friday: Rest Day. DS2's first jv basketball game today (they won 55 to 16!) Saturday: 9 miles outside (yeah!), 8:44 avg pace, +1F temp. Sunday: 18.22 miles (first 13 outside, 8:52 avg pace, -5F; last 5.22 on the TM with the last 4.22 at 8:34), .5 mile walk c/d Totals: 44.8 miles running, 2.16 mile on elliptical, 1 hr strength training, 40 mins pool running, lots of walking
              Monday - wiped out from yesterday's concert and from preparing for tomorrow's school concert; Tuesday - at school from before 7 a.m. until after 9 p.m.; not rest, but not running, either Sad up and down the stairs from my classroom to the auditorium at least 20 times - does that count as XT? Roll eyes Wednesday - more exhausted than ever from yesterday's concerts; fell asleep on the sofa and didn't wake up until it was time for bed! Thursday - lazy slacker girl put up the Christmas tree instead of running in the pouring rain Friday - travel day - drove straight from one job to the other Saturday - beautiful 0.8 mile walk and 5K run ON THE BEACH Big grin Big grin Big grin Oh, yeah, passed 500 miles for the year, too! Sunday - ran 5.5, walked 1.0 on the beach and boardwalk; mucho wind made it harder than yesterday, but still beautiful Lame totals for the week: running: 8.1 walking: 1.8 major insight: see below Smile Important lesson from this week: I'm finally accepting the fact that there are weeks when my mileage will approach zero and that's OK. As I set mileage goals for 2009, I'm going to count on near-zero mileage weeks during my winter and spring school concerts, the first week of school, and at least one miserably cold week in February and one miserably hot one in August. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

Gordon... bleh, and ick. sheesh. when do you think you'll get your act together??? Roll eyes Maybe we should take turns reporting your totals. yep, I think that's what we'll do. Dutchie... 2 things. what's going on with your foot? you've probably said. I forget. sorry. and how is your bicep? that sounds really odd. Mon:... Rest. meant to do some things, but a busy day. DH has a killer cold, maybe the flu. stretched some, that seems to help the day after my LR. my abs & psoas (?) are always sore the next day. does that make any sense? Tues:..... .6 mile walk, 5.06mile run, 9:33 pace. 15 min. ellipticalling, 10 min. biking, stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks 2 min. each side, back lift twist things, russian twists. Wed:..... planned prehab, etc. didn't want to & didn't. cleaned house. Thurs:.... .7 mile walk, 4.71 mile run, 9:36 pace. 33 min. strength training (not that i'm keeping track) 2 sets on the weight machines. stretched. think i'm sick now. Angry at work & totally useless. more than usual. Fri:....... well I'm happy to say I was finally right about something. definitely sick. nothing today. Sat;...... Had an eye doctor appt. close to my gym. siren song. 4 mile run at 9:21 pace, 25 min. on the elliptical, 22 min. doing 1 set on the weight machines, upper & lower me. felt good when I was done but later omg. not so good. Sun:..... was tempted, but I skipped my lr. lots of naps. 1 callanetics exercise. (anti-gravity). totals, 2 miles walk, 13.8 miles running, 10 min. on the bike, 40 min. elliptical, 1 hr. 16 min. strength training. not one of my better weeks.
                Dutchie42

dg.: regarding my foot - it started early October during a 16K which I ran on brand new shoes, straight out of the box. I blame that for the problems I have. The outside of my foot starts to hurt so bad, I'm limping for 1-3 days (depending on the distance I had to run/walk to get home). No problems for a few weeks. Then it happened again during an 18K. Inbetween I had absolutely no problems. So I figure the distance is the problem. Shortened my runs to 12K max. But it happened again during an 8.5K when I still had about 2.5K left to go. Pain starts on the side of my foot near my little toe then spreads to the whole side of my foot. Because it only hurts for a few days, the pain is gone by the time I can get an appointment with my PT. It's just weird! And my bicep, well no clue there either, though my neighbour scared the crap out of me yesterday saying it might be a blood clot. Darn woman!

Dutchie

Thanks, LR Mon - 662 miles in 15.5 hours. Am I fast, or what?!? . . . okay, I was driving. Wink Tues - Rest Wed - Rest . . . um, I couldn't find any clean socks . . . Blush Thurs - 3.25 fantastic miles, 9:31 ap Fri - 1 hour core/strength Sat - 7-mile excellent trail run Sun -

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

dg.: regarding my foot - it started early October during a 16K which I ran on brand new shoes, straight out of the box. I blame that for the problems I have. The outside of my foot starts to hurt so bad, I'm limping for 1-3 days (depending on the distance I had to run/walk to get home). No problems for a few weeks. Then it happened again during an 18K. Inbetween I had absolutely no problems. So I figure the distance is the problem. Shortened my runs to 12K max. But it happened again during an 8.5K when I still had about 2.5K left to go. Pain starts on the side of my foot near my little toe then spreads to the whole side of my foot. Because it only hurts for a few days, the pain is gone by the time I can get an appointment with my PT. It's just weird! And my bicep, well no clue there either, though my neighbour scared the crap out of me yesterday saying it might be a blood clot. Darn woman!
                      Dutchie... I have a pretty good book, I'll look tongiht & see if your foot is in there. mebbe you should have your arm checked out... just to keep that darn woman happy. Shocked Erika, I konw what you mean, I was thinking the same thing about this week, time to cut back, but I just got back up to (for me) normal so it seems odd. a little buggy too so it'd be a good time, will see. You ramped up so fast. I really do think you should.
                        dg.: regarding my foot - it started early October during a 16K which I ran on brand new shoes, straight out of the box.
                        Dutchie - Could it be the shoes themselves???

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

Thanks lyndenrunner,
                          DayPlanActualComment
                          Mondayrest day7.6 miles - done9:33/mi avg pace
                          Tuesday5 milesrest day - done
                          Wednesday8 miles8.1 miles - done8:42/ mi avg pace
                          Thursday8 miles 8.1 miles - done9:47/mile avg pace
                          Fridayrest dayrest day - done
                          Saturday16 miles4.9 mile run - done 5K race - done 4.8 mile run - done9:29/mile avg pace 7:29/mile avg pace 9:27/mile avg pace
                          Sundayrest day8.3 miles - done9:44/mile avg pace
                          Total40 miles44.9 miles - Done
                          Paul
                          evanflein

Deb, yes I did ramp up pretty quick, but I was at 50+ mpw just back in August so I'm counting on some residual "memory" in the ol' legs to see me thru. Hope it works. I just don't have time to fiddle around now with my next marathon on Jan. 11... but of course I want to get to it in good shape and uninjured! So, it's a fine balancing act and I'll cut back the minute I feel the need. I only have time for a 2-week taper as it is, so I hope it works! Dutchie, please let us know what's going on with your arm if you get it checked out. Just a bruise maybe? Sounds odd... Eliz, you've GOT to find some time to carve out for yourself! You're running on fumes, girl!
                            Dutchie42

fattozig: I thought it might be the shoes themselves too, so I've been running on my "old" shoes (approx. 350K on them). That doesn't make a difference, but maybe I tweaked my foot using the other pair and maybe now I just have to wait it out? I've taken the insoles out though. They've been customised by a podo person cause my feet flattened too much after two pregnancies. That seems to feel better. And I have brand new shoes (also 2130's) for the TM too (without customised insoles), now that I started using th eTM last week. dg.: by Wed morning, the red area wasn't so red anymore plus my doc's on vacation and I don't like seeing other doc's. By Thu no more redness and only slightly painful. I googled DVT and bicep though and there's indeed such a thing and it's exercise related. Symptoms were precisely what I had. Most articles suggested it should be treated as an emergency but it's not life threatening. Though if you've had it once, chances are it'll reoccur if left untreated: thicker blood, clotting etc. I'll go see my doc immediately if it ever happens again. But for now, it's gone. BTW, my neighbour is a registered nurse. Evanflein: I ran my marathon on a one week taper and was fine. Better then fine actually.

Dutchie

. . . but maybe I tweaked my foot using the other pair and maybe now I just have to wait it out? I've taken the insoles out though. They've been customised by a podo person cause my feet flattened too much after two pregnancies. That seems to feel better.
                                Two more questions: 1. Have you taken at least a week off to rest your foot to see if it heals that way? 2. Do you have any kind of an insole/cushion in the shoe, or are you wearing the shoes without anything inside at all? Maybe when you "tweaked" your foot, it was like a bruise that hasn't been given the chance to heal.

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance