Masters Running

seattle and points south (Read 157 times)

I am in need of running shoes and will be in the Seattle area and some areas south of there. Can anyone guide me to a running store that gives good value and service. I do like NB shoes. Thanks for any help go may give. Mike

usandtoto-2@msn.com

The best value(price) for New Balance would be thier web site. (www.nbwebexpress.com) You could also try and google running stores. I have used NBweb express in the past and in fact I just received an order on 3 pairs yesterday. Good luck

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

huskydon

If you like looking for bargains, the Brooks outlet store is in the Super Mall (Auburn). It is better if you wear an odd size, though. Of course, there are no NB's there.
        xor

Mike, there are SEVERAL great running stores in Seattle. The Brooks outlet in Auburn is fine, and Auburn is a "points south" place. If you do find yourself north, there's another one in Bothell. In fact, the home of Brooks is... Bothell WA. Pretty cool. Anyway, google the following. My favorite running store in Seattle is the creatively named Seattle Running Company, located somewhat near downtown. A close second would be the very creatively named Super Jock N Jill (don't ask), which is a bit north of downtown. A few couple blocks away from SJnJ is a bricks-and-mortar location of Road Runner Sports. There *is* a New Balance store downtown. As well as a Nike store and an Adidas store. Headed south, there's another Road Runner Sports location in Kent. And a Fleet Feet Sports in Bonney Lake (sort of Tacoma). There are about 100 other stores and they are probably fine. These are my favs. Well, I don't much like the one-brand stores downtown... in fact, I find the folks who work there to be completely unknowledgeable about shoes. Frustrating. But if you know specifically what you are looking for, they'll obviously work.