Masters Running

Friday Jan 18 Masters runs (Read 499 times)

Good morning, friends. Slow recovery run today, after yesterday's intervals. Snow on the ground made for some fancy footwork, especially around the (sometimes dark) culs de sac. Workout: 2.2 miles, 9:14/mi, AHR 130 Overall: 3.2 miles, 29:20 Good runs!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

SteveP

Rest day today. My brother called early. Mom had him call the ambulance about 3:30 this AM. If it's with in your faith, pray for her. I met Mike (McCat) from RA last night. Meeting people F2F is kewl. One thing we asked each other was along the lines of running experiences. What's happened during a run that really moved you??? Mine was seeing a new born fawn and being close enough to touch it. It was still wobbly and wet from being born. I didn't stay long cause it's mom didn't like me so much. It must have been a female fawn cause girls' moms typically didn't like me.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! SteveP – my prayers are with you and your family. Perch – after all that you chose running over a nap? You are made of sterner stuff than I. Smile RinninginDC – you have to watch out for those muffins. Ridiculous that a single muffin can be worse than 2 Krispy Kremes. Sadly, my babysitter’s father died this week, and the funeral is today, so I will have to pick up DD from kindergarten when it gets out at noon. The bad news is that my boss is not willing to let me take the afternoon off because she wants to get a certain report written and filed today, so I’ve packed a lunch and a bag of toys for DD and I’ll be dragging her to the office with me. Wish me luck getting any work done with that little tornado whizzing around the office. Smile No run for me today, x-training instead: lunges, leg lifts w/ankle weights, face-up and face-down, one-legged squats, dumbbell presses, shoulder presses, flies, lying hammer curls, and a 13-minute ab/core workout video. Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My prayers SteveP. Another recovery day today, as I'm still feeling the tempo run from Wednesday I guess. 5 miles at 9:10 min/mile pace. I almost bagged the run totally, but changed plans and ran shorter. SteveP, the opposite problem for me. The mothers always liked me, but the girls didn't. Big grin Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Prayers for you Steve and your mother and family. No run for me this morning......I was in the last row of the plane and got off last only to find that someone else had taken my bag. I was on a small plane and all bags had to be checked at the gate. No sneakers, no laptop charger, no running log (yes, I keep a detailed one on paper with all my times and such....) I was pretty upset last night (tired and it was late), but calmer now. Hertz assigned me a red Mustang convertible and that made me laugh out loud. Thank goodness I have my car keys and all that in my briefcase. I am here in Atlanta for two days and will do some shopping if I don't hear back from Delta soon. Thankfully I know these clients well. Looks like this will be a serious step back week for me! So glad we ran 10 yesterday Hollyy. Good luck at work. Bye all.....I'll do some vicarious cyber running through your posts. CNYrunner

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

After a nice 8 hrs sleep (ahhh) went for 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 38:57 (9:44 pace AHR 143). Felt stiff and hard to keep moving until doing a few 100m strides then all loosened up and felt great at the end. I guess that's what recovery runs all about. Have great runs! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning all Smile Boy, how I can relate to the few who had bad runs this week. Last night was my turn I guess... 6.7 miles - 1:02 - 9:15 easy run pace. I new I was kinda sore and tired before my run, but normally my legs come to me after a mile or two, but last night that never happened and I really didn't think I would make it back home without walking Confused Oh well, today is my scheduled (well needed) rest day and I will be good to go Sat and Sun, except for the frigid temps that are heading my way.....lows around -4 and highs in the single digits, burrrrr! Good runs to all that ran, and hope all that have a rest day enjoy it! Steve, prayers are with you and your family!!! Good luck with all that Holly...try to keep your sanity Wink TGIF Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hill Runner

Morning all, After yesterday's weather, I overdressed this morning...a warm 35F outside today. Cool 6.19 miles of hills @ 8:59 pace. {{{SteveP's Mom}}}

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                  Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                  Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Good luck with your mom's condition, Steve. CNY, that really sucks! I hope that it was just someone's honest mistake and they return the bag to the airline ASAP. Good recoveries, Lou and Bill. I'll go out in the single digits this weekend if you will, Tim. And don't you wish we could get a webcam set up in Holly's office today? Another rest day for me today. That is, if you call wimping out because of the sound of the cold wind this morning a legitimate "rest day". But I could use a few relaxing mornings anyway. Good luck to the weekend racers and runners, especially in the country's frigid midsection!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

The Jogger

Moning All Steve prayers for your family and mum. Just a little 3 miler today ticking over to the end of the month then marathon training I hope. Woody was a mess again but he does enjoy it....... Good Runs All Roy

King of PhotoShop

Steve, hope all is well. Dark Horse, by now you saw that Bobby Fischer just passed away today at age 64. He was just the greatest and the reason why I got interested in chess. Spareribs
                          Okay I'm still pissed off at Active...Basically the Boomers were split in half between RA and KR and I like to keep tabs on all the goings on,but it's crazy trying to find the time to read all the posts on both sites... Anyways my running partner's knee is still sore,so we ran walked 3 miles untimed this morning... He wanted me to run without him,but I really don't have any races till May,so an extra rest day won't kill me... Hi Deb and Holly...Missed you!!!
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good luck with your mom's condition, Steve. CNY, that really sucks! I hope that it was just someone's honest mistake and they return the bag to the airline ASAP. Good recoveries, Lou and Bill. I'll go out in the single digits this weekend if you will, Tim. And don't you wish we could get a webcam set up in Holly's office today? Another rest day for me today. That is, if you call wimping out because of the sound of the cold wind this morning a legitimate "rest day". But I could use a few relaxing mornings anyway. Good luck to the weekend racers and runners, especially in the country's frigid midsection!
                            OK, that's a deal rochrunner Smile Man, with temps around 0 for Green Bays football game Sunday, I don't know how the players can play in those temps....holding on to the ball and such....and then the fans sitting there for hours. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tramps

Teresa—I laughed at your Maine/South distinctions. I traveled the other way (NH/VA). Steve—sorry about your Mom. Holly—DD at work should be fun! Evil grin Perch and CNY’s experiences remind of why I hate flying. lyndenrunner—I dislike the split too; sad. 8 miles, including 800x5 w/400 recoveries (3:26; :23; :25; :29; :21) I ran by feel without looking at my watch, so I was pleased with the consistency of splits. First snow/ice of the season yesterday left a couple icy patches but nothing bad. As a kid I used to have Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess (I think that’s what it was called) and learned a lot from it--even though it was very basic. Sad to see what he’d become in later years. Have a good weekend. (Go Pats! Go Packers!)

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

I was feeling restless this morning and my foot/heel was feeling normal so I went out for a 3 mile run. (15°, sunny and breezy.) I ran or worked out the last 4 days so I didn't have anything planned for today. Tomorrow I have to sit in a car or in a class for 6 hours, so that help motivate me to do something today.