Masters Running

Sunday Morning Rain and Runs (Read 415 times)

bike, congrats on winning the 5K and showing up the youngsters.  pfries, congrats to you on your marathon PR.

Nice long runs for bike (including above mentioned race), holly Tramps, WRFB, and perch.

This morning, it was in the mid 30s with a light breeze.  I got in 5 miles in a bit over 49 minutes for a 9:49 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Tim,

Cool! Way to win a race in the middle of a 20 miler.

Paul,

congrats

Very busy day for me as I only have one day a week off and working 13 or 14 hour shifts all week leave little time for home projects. In the middle of my honey do list I managed 3.5 in 31:00 for just about a 9 mm pace. It has been a bit of a struggle to get my groove back but this extra 10 pounds I gained while being off is no help I am sure. I still have 2 weeks to get it together before I plan on starting my new training plan.I need to restrict some calories the next week or so and see if I can correct that.

Good runs everyone

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #957

Soccer tournament games all day.  DS's team came in 2nd place in their division.   Finally, the soccer season ends....

7 easy-paced miles for me this morning.  Yesterday's LR seems to have helped the hamstring issue, oddly enough, and it seems much better today than testerday.

Mariposai - your are ready!  I can hardly wait to hear about NYC - have fun!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Holy Turbo Tights Timbo!

Kewl PR Paul.

It's been a while. Tag and I went out today. It was a off leash jaunt until we heard gun fire. As much as tag enjoys protecting me from squirrels, they're in season. He has a bright orange long sleeved shirt and reflective collar. We finished the run tethered together.

At home, Mrs.P made waffles. I took one out side and flung it like a frisbe. Tag thought that was great. I chased him with it and he was having a blast playing his PB "keep a way from Dad" ever.

After church, the dog and I planted 70 tulips.

Mrs.P was using the mixer on cookie batter. I needed it for twice baked potatoes. I took one larger beater and used my 19V cordless drill to blend the potato mixture. With the drill having a variable speed, it worked well. After dinner, I took a dish cloth and wrapped it around the beater and did a quick job on the cups, glasses, jars and mugs. We can easily replace the broken mixing bowl. The water on the walls dried with minimal staining. It's hard to understand why DW isn't thrilled with her creative hubby.

I'mm not saying the dog is spoiled, I poured 1/8 a cup of dripping from a roast onto his dry dog food and he licked it off and left the food.

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

SteveP, your posts always make me smile! 

Paul, congrats on the marathon PR!  Way to go - looking forward to your RR tomorrow.

Mari, so glad you heard from PosieSon1 and you're a happy camper.  Good luck at NYC!

No autumn weather here - it's winter.  3" of new snow today, and only in the mid 20's, so I went to the rec center for the first time in many months and ran intervals on the indoor track. A mile warmup in 10:20, then 3 800-meter intervals in 4:35, 4:40, and 4:30 with 800 meter recoveries, then a final mile in 10:!7.   Then I did some weights.  I'm not sure if running in circles for 80 laps is better or worse than running in the snow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

26.2 in 3:29:47 today, on a glorious, if breezy, Cape Cod day.....

RR later. I just got in with the girls and it's bath time.

Walt

Some fantastic runs.  Congratulations to one and all.

Paul - You are a model of consistency that I have watched on the weekly x-training thread, and which I greatly admire.

SteveP - I echo Wildchild.  Your posts make me want to hang with you and Tag.  Lucky dog, he is.

Mariposai - Are you headed out for the NYC marathon? (I'm a little behind this week.)  If so - go get 'em!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

never a dull moment in the Bat household I see . . .

you absolutely crack me up Steve.

Tammy