Masters Running

Ave of the Giants RA party and race thread (Read 40 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I thought I'd share this picture that Mariposai posted on Ribs' FB wall to make him jealous!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Good job, wild one. thanks a lot

That should make ribs jealous for sure.

(ps - don't tell him but I hate henry too)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

+1

Good job, wild one. thanks a lot

That should make ribs jealous for sure.

(ps - don't tell him but I hate henry too)

wildchild

Carolyn

The official race photos are posted on the website.

http://www.finishshots.com/raceinfo1.php?raceid=868

None of  the photos are as good as the ones Leslie took!  The race photographers didn't even try to get the scenic redwoods in the pictures!  And they weren't ringing cowbells, either!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

well, they got one shot of me and two that don't belong under my bib number but somehow ended up there.

Leslie should get a photography job for the Avenue!

Tammy

mrrun

I agree - our professional photographer took the bestest pictures!

You guys are gonna make my head explode with all the compliments.   . . . . . keep 'em comin' . . . .

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Sue and I arrived home this afternoon.  All we talked about was the fun we had over the weekend with our friends.  All of you made it very special.  Hopefully we will meet up again very soon.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

konnichi wa mike-san.

was this your first marathon with the weight loss?

how was it>

posie ran like she should if she didn't have anything else to do in her life except train for running, to say nothing of being responsible for the Orchards Half-Mara that week before.  It wasn't hard to predict a PR for altitude goddess but how did my prediction for tammy's friend work out (6.5-7.0hr)?  I hope she doesn't think you have to be able to run fast to have fun, . . . although it's a lot more fun in the mega-races where you're not the only one keeping the volunteers from going home

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Tet, my friend who was running her 1st marathon, finished in 5:11. She was shooting for 5 hrs but was not the least bit disappointed that she was over her goal time. She is even considering running Newport the end of June. She is in for the half, but has an opportunity to have a marathon bib transferred to her, so she's thinking about it.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tammy - don't tell your friend but it is extremely unrealistic and unlikely to move up from the half mary distance to marathon pace without some substantial slippage.  She was well over an hour, if not hour-and-a-half, faster than I would have predicted.
                        However, better start dampening any undue enthusiasm about any possible PR for her right away at Newport, . . . unless she can ignore the distraction of the all-you-can-eat fresh oyster stand at mile 11 out and 17 on the way back.  I had a nice time running it 2010 with you and the reunion gang.  I wonder if it's possible to do just the all-you-can-eat part?
                        Have her check on the current record.  (oyster record, that is)
                        Thanks much for the memory lane photo in my birthday thread of someone buried in goddesses and friends.

I"ll send it to henrun (and ribs)

TammyinGP

Thanks Tet. That was a great weekend in Newport!

So, I'm puzzled about something. for most of the 2nd half of the half marathon, I was running and chatting with a girl named "Lauren". I did however out-sprint her at the end and finished before her.  I pulled up results to see what her finishing time was as I wasn't sure how far back she was. The results show her finishing before me by 22 seconds.  Not sure how that could happen in chip timing?

Tammy

Is it "chip time" or "gun time"  (not having looked at the results page)

Also - never underestimate the power of the Humboldt County agriculture.  (kidding . . . )

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

her chip time is 2:06:20 and her gun time is 2:07:24

My chip time is 2:06:44 and my gun time is 2:07:22

not that I care. it's not like we were in the same AG. I'm old enough to be her mom (she's 25), but I just couldn't figure out how chip timing could be so off?

Tammy

I'm tellin' ya, it's what's hangin' in the air down there.

But that is weird . . . .

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance