Masters Running

Tuesday, 6.6.17 daily (Read 34 times)

I've got just about everyone here envy for all the miles you guys pile up.

.......I'm just doing this to make you Feel Better........

[[tramps]]

......flats//...I can't even run after the IceCream Truck,,,,Luckily we don't have IceCream Trucks...

I think

we have a PorkRinds Truck...

I can't run after it either

==========

........1-hr FlyCasting

and

40-min PoolRun with letters

..........good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

catwhoorg

Labrat

3.5 at lunchtime.

Work is again trying to mess with my running schedule, (and wrecks it tomorrow) but at least I got a partial workout in.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

evanflein

5.7 gloriously sunshiney easy miles as an early lunch break. My left heel is whining a little bit, so I think I'll try to find some soft surfaces and easy paces this week to see how it does. Do NOT need a flare up now.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks for the posie start from London

It it a nonstopper back?

Hi to the new ziggie.

Quote from Stumpy  on 6/6/2017 at 4:50 AM:

I've got just about everyone here envy for all the miles you guys pile up.

......I'm just doing this to make you Feel Better........

Me too Tom but I can usually get wet just by going outside

even without going to the pool, . . . or Ireland.

Sunny and 82 today but too much retirement busywork
          going on to be other than a  0.0'er too.

Gotta keep pretending I'm working at least a little

so I can say, “I’m too busy” to everyone who
          thinks I have nothing to do unless they

ask me to help them do something.

Back to normal tomorrow, . . . when it starts raining again.

ps - where's all the rest of the pictures?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Gotta keep pretending I'm working at least a little

so I can say, “I’m too busy” to everyone who
            thinks I have nothing to do unless they

ask me to help them do something.

That reminds me of one of Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts: "To me, its always a good idea to carry two sacks of something when you walk around.   That way, if anybody says, 'Hey, can you give me a hand?', you can say, 'Sorry, got these sacks.'"

No run, today.  I got home, spread some mulch in our little planting area, wrote a little skit for this Sunday's service, and mowed the lawn.

That's it--gotta go.  See ya!

spacityrunner

3 miles at lunch.  Hot.  coulda used some of those raindrops from yesterday.

Trails Rock!

I dozed off several times watching tv with MrStarr tonight. Since there was no hockey to watch, I was in charge of the remote. We watched the first episode of Genius and it was good, thanks for the recommendation, JLynne.

I have all my running (or walking) clothes laid out for the morning. It was way too hot walking for 45:00 at noon today. I have a five minute drive home, so it is a bit rushed but I made it back to work on time. The shady parts of the trail were welcome. After work I got ready to go for a bike ride and MrStarr came along with me. I was glad that he got out, but would have rather taken my road bike. There is always tomorrow.  I made a doctor appointment for my leg but then cancelled it. I will see him in a week at my physical.... it is just a big, big bruise with a goose egg that hopefully will go away.

DS and the three Grandkids are coming on Thursday night. I am taking off work to play grandma, yeah! It is going to be super hot so maybe will get a slip and slide and get the hose out. Tomorrow is 15% off for Seniors at Shopko tomorrow!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

Just a quick 2.2 trail miles tonight with the dogs. still pretty warm out at 7 pm when I ran, so that was all any of us wanted to do tonight

Tammy

SteveP

Flats, I’ve got a lot of stories about when I drove an ice cream truck a couple of summers while I was in college…

Jay

Not every hero wears a cape.

Tramps, I'm sorry to hear about the restrictions.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I’d be lying if I didn’t say it was a bit of a bummer but I’m keeping it in perspective.  We’re at the beach on vacation next week and I’d been looking forward to long runs in a different place.  Now I’ll just have to settle for more beer and barbecue.  

Nice perspective.  And maybe it will only be two weeks.

MikeE - I LOVE Jack Handy!  When I was a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we’d all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us. It wasn’t until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Not every hero wears a cape.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance