Masters Running

Fridaily, 6.15.18 (Read 40 times)

TammyinGP

aww, Leslie - that's the right decision but disappointed I won't see you out there. 

Tammy

...mid-90s

...60-min HH 3-2s

'nuff said

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

You guys are funny. Took me awhile to figure out what was going on. I'm sure it was all fixed before I had breakfast. But I still don't think I've ever seen Fatozzig on the treadmill after work.... Big grin

Steve, what can I say. Hopefully DW has stopped crying and unlocked the bathroom door and you guys had a good evening. She is one lucky gal.

Paul, those pictures the other day were great.

Like Falconfixer, I don't post pictures much. Although, I did get an e-mail from Photobucket that they've got new management and have realized the error of their ways and are now offering 3rd party hosting for a much reduced price. Can't remember right now, but something like $10 a year? That might be worth it, especially if they've toned down all the ads. I've got a ton of photos out there just biding their time.

Speaking of Falconfixer, that trip today sounds amazing. I do hope you can post some pics, somehow.

Ran 5.4 really easy miles yesterday. The goal was to get in some miles without breathing hard. Why? We had forest fire smoke come in yesterday afternoon and just blanket the valley. Tried to look it up online to see where it was coming from, but there doesn't seem to be much "real time" information and all the borough air quality sites said the air quality was "Good" and that was obviously untrue. Today it's sunny and the smoke seems to have cleared (where'd it come from? Where'd it go? I don't know, just glad it's gone!) so I'll get a run in later on. It's still pretty chilly out there now in low 50's. I have to say, so far this summer has sucked as far as temperatures go. We get through the winter with a "promise" of hot sunny weather for Interior Alaska summers. So far, that has NOT been the case and I'm more than a little bummed out about it. 

Holly S. so sorry to hear about your dad. Best wishes to all of you during this time.

I am just doing another post by. Looking up at the little icon it says I have not even registered my last two elliptical sessions into RA. I guess I should do that. My current plan is to try and run on Sunday. Wish me luck!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

C-R

Hi all. Busy day at work. The new job is exciting but really keeping my days full.

I'm guessing a header was incorrect today but since I'm late I missed all the fun.

Got another 10k today very slow after taking a rest day yesterday. The calf is getting better but I'm afraid it won't happen soon enough. I will still run as I'm headed up with friends but won't race. Reminds me of how tough a marathon can be even before you step up to the start line.

Congrats Paul. DW and I are celebrating our 26th tonight.

Have a good evening and happy racing tomorrow. I'm playing golf.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hey everyone. It sure doesn't take long to get behind reading everything here.  I have been busy with work, family, gardening , band and a little running, biking and walking.  It feels like 99 here today but I am not complaining, it is better than winter any day!  Idid get out for a 2 1/2 mile walk.  I started to run but soon realized that I had my yoga bra on, not the running one..  Last night I ran the same loop for the first time in a long time.  I am starting Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon plan on Monday.  He has a lot of cross training built in which is a good thing. I don't really know if I will run a half but definitely a 10K a week after the Sioux Falls Half.

Good news here today, MrStarr got offered a full time job driving a new public transit route in town.  He just has to pass the CDL and a DOT physical.  We will save about $400 a month by each having our own single insurance coverage.  If the position doesn't last he can just go on Medicare.

We we have missed all of the wood duck hatchings, but working from 7-4 kind of makes that difficult.  I have my camera all set up on a tripod ready for video recording in case the last one happens tomorrow or Sunday.  Have a good weekend everyone.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, 5.6 mile route in high heat and high humidity.  The day went well.  And the flight was pretty great.  I've only seen F-16s refuel before.  Today was an F-15 (from the active duty side of the base I'm at).  They then flew the lighthouse tour--north to south.  There were storms at the far ends but we were able to fly from Kill Devil Hills to Cape Lookout at (get this) about 2000' in very clear skies.  It was pretty funny listening to the light, private aircraft call and ask for a top off.  We flew pretty much directly over the Wright Brothers Memorial and the Cape Hatteras and Cape Lookout lighthouses.  Close to Bodie and Oracroke lighthouses.  That part was amazing.  We climbed out and the crew flew back to Seymour Johnson and did some pattern work then we landed.  I was also able to bring three of my maintainers selected by their Chiefs/Commanders.  Not sure when I'll even be able to download the photos (packing and cleaning continue) but I'll try and do so soon.

Have a great night everyone!

Very cool, Falcon.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Sorry, fixer (can I call you "fixer"?) that does not sound fun, at all, to me.  Have I ever told you how much I hate flying?

No run, again...just lifted some more weights.  Then, Debbie, reminded me that today is the anniversary of our meeting 31 years, ago.  So, we had to go and eat at the restaurant where we met...ahh, ain't that sweet?

I'm thinking of driving up to Duluth to watch a kid run his first marathon at Grandma's Marathon, in the morning.  It's a two hour drive and I have a ton of stuff to do at home...but this will be the only time he will run his first marathon...and I'll always have tons of stuff to do at home...yeah...I think I'll go.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

TammyinGP

Go Mike!   How's the weather this weekend in Duluth?  That is still one of my favorite marathons. well, I've only run 4 so it's not like I have a ton to choose from . 

Ran 4.1 today. Then I've been making food all evening for David's graduation bbq tomorrow.

Tammy

evanflein

Do it, Mike. The home stuff will always be there, but like you said there'll only be a first marathon for him.

Cool, Falcon. Don't listen to Mike, he's a flying-wimp. Or a flight-wimp. Whatever, he's not a wimp except when it comes to flying in planes. There, how's that.

Ran 8.6 today, and good thing I know this route pretty well. Garmin died at 5.86 miles, and I ran the last three "nekkid." But I verified it was 3 miles, as I thought, by checking MapMyRun. So it was a good run overall, with only a few seconds' stop time for traffic. This running mostly easy every other day seems to be working. Hope I can pull off a decent 10k in a week, but I guess we'll see.