Masters Running

Thursday 7/25 Daily (Read 46 times)

Tramps

Good morning.

Low 70s this morning, which was a pleasant change.  Low humidity, too, which was even better.  Plus some cloud cover to prevent too much warm-up when the sun came up.  And a nice breeze to top it all off.  What more could you ask for?  This is as good as it ever gets around here this time of year.  I took advantage with a 12.3 mile run.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good Morning Tramps and all to follow. I've got to agree, the lower temps and humidity make for the best running yet this summer. Nice 5 mile run this morning, I'm thinking I like this morning running pretty good. Happy runs to all today!!!

Mariposai

Good morning Tramps and runr_nut.

Another cool running around here. Low 60, you can almost feel a cold breeze coming from the mountains. Just 4 miles for my wings this morning. Another high temp day is ahead of us. Sunny and hot...just the way I like my summers to be.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Good Morning.

short run late yesterday afternoon - ran to the place where we were having some hitch work done on the truck to pick it up. 2.6 miles, not much but it was about 97 degrees with about 60% humidity (a lot for us!), so hopefully that makes up for lack of distance . . . Roll eyes

MikeE, have you already knocked California off your marathon state list? I plan on going down to do Avenue of the Giants next spring and I "think" there might be a RA group meet up there, at least there was talk of it earlier this summer. that would be a fun one for you to come out to also if still need to cross CA off your list.

Tammy

Wow Tramps! Great start to your day. 5.5 very comfortable miles in ideal conditions. I'm kind of liking this running thing again.

King of PhotoShop

Good job Tramps.

Got home at 10:15 last night from Raleigh and this morning I took the Saint and Riblet to DFW for their trip to NY to visit her sister.  I'm alone here til Monday with Lucy.  Perfect! One thing I love about being alone in the house is that if I'm reading or watching a ball game no one just starts talking to me whenever they feel like it.

Plan is to run, work, read, watch baseball and cook.   Speaking of running, got 6.5 in this morning and felt good despite the late start.  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

One thing I love about being alone in the house is that if I'm reading or watching a ball game no one just starts talking to me whenever they feel like it.

My DH never seems to understand that if I am reading a book, my mind is elsewhere, and he will constantly talk to me/ask me questions when I am reading.  I now tend to take my book and go upstairs to read.

7.1 miles for me this morning in 55 degrees.  I used up my sproink yesterday, though.  Still a lovely run.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Holly (thanks Smile) I've thought about how much fun it would be to have you along sometimes during a morning run... I have a couple of routes I really like.   .. and if you were sans sproink that would be perfect!    You could do a sproinkless recovery run & maybe I could keep up!
                  Too funny about DD giving you advise re DS....   maybe she should go into the counseling field.    Remember when she tried to help Dexter & ... I forget your kitten's name... get along?

Ribs, enjoy.  I have one of those weekends ahead too!   Dropping DSO at the airport this evening, and I plan to run & work & work & work (all the things I never get too.... may have set the bar a little high)   & read.

Craneium I would have said it's nice to see you back, but I haven't been here either.   But it's nice to see you, and I'm glad running is becoming fun again.    Love it when that happens...

Rest day today, I started cleaning my basement this morning.

MikeE, have you already knocked California off your marathon state list? I plan on going down to do Avenue of the Giants next spring and I "think" there might be a RA group meet up there, at least there was talk of it earlier this summer. that would be a fun one for you to come out to also if still need to cross CA off your list.

If this happens, I'd actually get to participate in an RA meet up!  I won't run the thing, but I'll definitely yell myself hoarse for all of you.

Posted by Caroline: Now they've got me considering a trail race near San Francisco so I can go visit them!  You have to let me know if you do this.  There are three great organizations that are putting on races in the Marin Headlands: Pacific Coast Trail Runs, Inside Trail, and Coastal Trail Runs.  I'd love to meet up with you for race.  The Marin Headlands wouldn't be "but a thang" to you with your mountain training, and there are some absolutely stunning views of San Fran, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean.

Tuesday night's speed work went well.  I was very surprised to find that my two fast miles were only a couple of seconds off each other for average pace.  . . . . . my last mile reflect some stopping for berry picking/eating. Big grin

Last night it was 5 EZ miles at the McKay.  A Green Diamond worker, on his way out of that area, stopped and told me they were going to be logging in that section beginning next week.  Sad  Guess I'll be running out at Headwaters for awhile, if that's the case.

Today was about 40 min of TRX-ing.

Was dreaming last night that I smelled a skunk really bad.  Finally woke up and it was reality.  He/She/They like to traverse on the side of the house below our open bathroom window, and the smell wafts right into our bedroom.  Almost made me sick to my stomach, it was so strong.  Still there this morning in my workout shed, and very strong along the far side it.  Guess I've figured out the total trail. Roll eyes

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hi, dg.  TomW, enjoy the Claire visit.  fatozzig, boo to the skunks.

Nice long runs for CNY and Tramps.

This morning, it was 48° when I went out and 62° two hours and 11 miles later.  I got it done at a 10:58 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

SteveP

DW and I need to win the lottery. The Ave of the Giants sounds like a dream. Buying tickets, though, slightly improve the chances of winning.

If you need survival tips Ribs, let me know. With Lucy there, you should not have to vacuum the sheets.

The little stinkers will keep you on your toes. How to repel skunks.

That sounds like a great run TomS.

On the way to work, I listen to a spiritual radio station. It became apparent that I should pay attention after stopping behind another car at a traffic light. I yelled to the person in front that the signal only has one shade of green.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Yeah--unfortunately, i did the California International Marathon with my pastor a few years ago.  I had always wanted to do the Avenue of the Giants but...well...he was my pastor...

So...I miscounted the weeks until I can do a marathon...it turns 18 weeks ends on December 1st...but I've done all the states listed on Dec 1.  So going to December 7th...I could do Rehoboth Beach...hmmm....I have to make a decision pretty quick...the flight I would have to take to Alabama leaves on Dec 13th...FRIDAY the 13th...

Okay--I gotta go eat something...

wildchild

Carolyn

Leslie, I'd love to do one of the races at the Marin Headlands - I was just looking at them today!   Do you have a favorite, or one you're thinking of signing up for?  I'd prefer a 50k, or [maybe] a 50 miler at the most.   It looks like several of the races offer multiple distance options, so if you wanted to go longer we could still meet up!

I'd also like to do Avenue of the Giants, if there's an  RA meetup.  I'm not limiting myself to one race per state - I'll do whatever sounds like fun!  I'm not actually shooting for all 50 states but it might happen.  But only if there are fun trail races in every state, or at least RA meetups if they're not trail races.

I got out for 10+ trail miles mid-day.  It was overcast and maybe 60F, and raining lightly - perfect conditions!    I ran the Mountain Lion trail in Golden Gate Canyon State Park - the first and last part of the Golden Gate Dirty Thirty course.  In the first 3 miles the trail follows a creek, and zig-zags back and forth across the creek 10 times; 4 on bridges and 6 on logs or rocks.  The creek is only about 3 ft wide now, but is much bigger during spring snow-melt.  Beautiful place to run!  Here's the elevation profile:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Avenue of the Giants is in my list!!!!!!!

I will be there in May if there is a RA family gathering! I may even convince the Easy Pacer to run this one too, him being a forester and all Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

so tempted.