Masters Running

Boston Boomer Brunch cancelled? (Read 796 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm not running Boston, nor do I live anywhere near there, but I was reading your thread and have a question for CNYRunner - you're a Smithie? My sister-in-law is, too. Don't know how old you are - your profile doesn't list it, but my SIL is mid 40's - her name is Meara McLaughlin. Know her? Also, DH went to school at Berklee College of Music. Small world. Carry on...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hey wildchild...small world indeed. I am a Smithie (Class of '86) and will be 44 in September. Your SIL's name doesn't ring a bell, but I found the Smith experience one where you knew lots of people and yet it was still large enough to discover new connections everywhere. I lived in Comstock for three years and then was the head resident at Franklin King. Where did she live at Smith? That's often the big connector. Also cool about the Berklee connection--great place. Thanks for joining in and if not in Boston, perhaps we'll meet on a run one of these days. I'd like that. CNY
        How far is Somerville from where we will be?
        Her place is near the T (a subway/train system in Boston). We can also do the parking lot thing some time after the race if people are interested. In Hartford we met somewhere to eat after the race, then some of us wandered to the parking lot for some beer.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

How about we pick something to wear so we can all recognize each other? I'll wear my Red Sox hat! Roll eyes Sorry, just getting spring fever. It's going to be over 60 here today Cool. Say, Lou, is the proposed meeting place near any of the orange line stops in Sommerville? grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles