Masters Running

Sat Aug 8 Runs and Workouts (Read 365 times)

Mariposai

First is AG, that is no joke, specially when your heart is not in the race. Let me drink a glass of Melbec in your honor!!!

Ended up with 1:51:52 (but that's for 13.6 miles), 8:13 avg pace (bleh). Still, the two faster chicks in my AG were not there, so I got first in AG and there was a pretty good barbecue afterwards (no beer).

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hey guys ... just got back from SIL's pool birthday party.

Very nice BuckeyeChamp!!

Erika, my schedule called for a 25-26 mile run so I figured why not 26.2 and just to be safe that I really ran a full marathon distance I ran until Garmin said 26.5.  I'm training for the AF marathon in 6 weeks.  I've got one more long run until the taper!

Thanks for the concern everyone, after the dog chased me and bit me, I did ask the owner if the dog was up on his rabies shots and he said that he was current on all of his shots.  I continued running for another 50 yards or so and then thought just to be on the safe side I better go back and verify it.  They showed me his collar with the rabbies vaccination and apologized a couple of times.

DH was surprised too that I wasn't really upset.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't fun but I'm not sure what else I should do.  I guess I'm more frustrated than upset that it interupted my stride.  The other frustrating part is that I ALWAYS continually looking for dogs and plan my "escape" but b/c of where the dog was, on the other side of a solid brick mailbox, I wasn't able to see him until after I passed the mailbox and all of a sudden I'm being chased.  The dog wasn't outside by himself, the owner was in the driveway and the dog had a leash on but the main thing I don't understand is why he wasn't attached to something.  The owner said he thought the dog was still in the garage but he was busy in the driveway getting stuff out of his car and setting up some saw horses.

On the plus side I feel really great after my run and the bite wound is only a little sore.  I'm also thankful the bite was on the fleshy outside part of my upper leg vice a calf or hamstring area. 

Good night all ....

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Erika, for someone who had some problems, and didn't have your heart in it....that is a good pace and time BTW! ----Me....I am done for quite a while as I tore my calve from the back of my knee I was told. Everything was going great today on my 20 mile run, as it was really hot out and I got up super early to run. Then at mile 16 I felt my right calve tighten up and was getting sore....and I slowed waaaay down. At mile 18 "something" gave and I had to walk home the two miles not putting very much weight on my right leg (very much stiff legged, like I am now) ---- Went and got checked out and I tore my right calve (don't know the right term or diagnoses yet) but was told it was a very bad injury. ----Oh well....hope I can still cycle which I doubt the way my leg feels.---- Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!