Masters Running

Friday 12.8.17 Daily (Read 39 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Hey!  where's Jay?!  Were we warned that he was taking the day off?  Did I run, yesterday?  I don't know.

My coworker has a bracelet of Christmas jingle bells on her wrist.  We're right across the small hall from each other.  I've had to listen to them all morning.  I may have to go in there and rip them off her wrist.   . . . or I could just close my door . . . .but where's the fun in that?? 

Yep--that's our Leslie...

Maybe we should have a virtual Christmas party, here.  We can all log in--have a few drinks...alcohol, or not--and just post back and forth...maybe sing a few Christmas carols...I'm not, exactly, sure how that would work...okay...maybe not my best idea...never mind...

I went 8 miles, today.  It was greasy slick out there.  My Garmin stopped keeping track of my distance right at 4 miles...it just went back to the current time and I lost the data for my 1st 4 miles.  Because I'm such a quick thinker, I restated it after about 1/4 mile so I would, at least, have a pace that I could calculate what my overall time was.  It's never done that before.  I'm glad it didn't happen during a tempo run, or something.

Speaking of temp runs.  I am having a tough time getting myself to get back into training for another marathon.  I worked my butt off preparing for Richmond and I am not looking forward to getting back into that intense training.  Especially, when it's cold and windy and snowy and slippery.  And I know, eventually, I'll have to try to do a tough run on the treadmill and I really struggle on the treadmill.  Okay--I'll stop complaining.  I can run--I have noting to complain about.

About my 6'-2" granddaughter...yes, I think her dad is about 6'-5".  But I have tall relatives, too.  I have a cousin who is 6'-8".  My mom's side of the family is pretty tall...even though she was only 5'-4".  Even Eric is over 6' tall.  I, sometimes, wonder if cutting weight for wrestling during my important growing years affected my height.  Or, maybe I just take after my 5'-4" mother.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

bioguy

Cold and damp this afternoon after work; slow 6.5 on a hilly course I haven't run in a while.  Wife and I went into town for a burger and a beer after a tough work week for both of us. Snow predicted to begin tonight.

Tailwinds!

I have been traveling for a a week now. The last few days in Dublin. Friday was my last full day. It is freezing here! But I came prepared with my winter running gear. I managed to get in a good 12 mile run along the Liffey River and through Phoenix Park this morning. I started before dawn. On the return route the sun started to come up. The relive video has some pictures from when dawn broke. The first is of Phoenix Park. The rest from along the Liffey River.

https://www.relive.cc/view/g16083905286

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

That sounds wonderful, Twocat.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat - nice run!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I managed to get in a good 12 mile run 

https://www.relive.cc/view/g16083905286

Neat, very neat.

However, I dare you to try a 12-miler in Beijing.

Be sure to do a relive in case we have to call jiu-yi-yi to send help.

I wonder if relive works in Paraguay?

ps - neat snow, Tramps

Send some out here

I love snow, always have, always will

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)