Masters Running

The Ides of May, 5.15.16 (Read 34 times)

We just got back home a bit ago from the Cities. We had a nice time and I was right, the gymnastic event was a bit chaotic, but fun to see McKenzie do her stuff. Today we had lunch at DS's with all the Grandkids, then saw JackHenry skate in his last hockey game. It warmed up a bit today, but man was it cold yesterday!  Now I have my long run to do tomorrow, but now the forecast says rain! I may just skip it, or shorten it since this upcoming race is really just an incentive to get off my butt this winter, and it has done that.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

wildchild

Carolyn

Best of luck, Mike!  Although you're probably already asleep by now on the east coast.

I also ran 12 today (12.4) -  my longest run since getting the stress fracture diagnosis.  Today I ran with some of my ultra girlfriends - very supportive bunch!  It was foggy and pretty.  Here's a picture my friend Jenn took:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Yep.  You don't know how many times I've told myself that very same thing.

Well, I just got back from a a great tour of the city of Portland, Maine.  Seriously--if things don't work out with milktruck's current job, he could be a professional tour guide.  I had a great time and learning the history of the city and seeing the sites--Maine is everything I had imagined it would be...and I would not have seen a bit of it if milktruck hadn't drug me out of my hotel room.

Okay--I have to get to the store, pick up my race packet, and get to bed.  See ya!

Wait a minute. I was in Portland, Maine a few years back and did not get a special tour from Milktruck's . I am jealous now.

Not much to report here, except 18 fun woods running miles plus 5 hours of morels gathering. Yeap, my bar for a joyful weekend was met 100 per cent.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Love the photo of Marj and the Men. It's only fair afterall since Henry had one surrounded by the goddesses at the Avenue.

Tammy