Masters Running

Update on chemo (Read 199 times)

munchkn883

Today Steve and I met with my oncologist about possible chemo starting next month. He had reviewed my file and said he wanted to find out what my markers did this month....he said they had not changed that much over the past few months. Also is ordering a PET/CT scan. He said if the cancer is only getting worse in my tailbone and has not gone to any new places since my last scan, he would prefer to do radiation or radiofrequency ablation. If there are new spots, we will more than likely do the chemo. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. I love my running family!
    nowor

Thanks for keeping us up to date. When will your numbers be checked? We love you too!
      munchkn883

I hope to get the numbers back this afternoon. I'll post them as soon as I know.
          ... Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. I love my running family!
          The feeling is mutual. Thanks for keeping us informed and stay strong.
            ...waiting for the Test Results is the worst part....... Strength and Peace munch///

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

{{Prayers for No New Spots}} Hang in there, Munch. Thanks for the update. We love you, too!!
                I very much hope things are as isolated as possible. Best wishes in your valiant struggle.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

The Jogger

Best wishes , prayers and thoughts to you Munch. Roy

The Jogger

Best wishes , prayers and thoughts to you Munch. Roy
                    coastwalker

Hi Munch, I hope your scan results show no movement. And all of my hopes and good wishes are for you. I continue to be in awe of your strength and feistiness in the face of this disease. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

munchkn883

PET/CT scan has not been scheduled yet as the nurse is out who handles that. My markers went up to 70...about an 8 point increase.
                        wildchild

Carolyn

Good luck with whatever course of action your doctor recommends. Keep us posted; we're all here for you!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Sending prayers your way, Munch....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

{{{{{{Munch}}}}}}}
                              TammyinGP

Thank you for keeping us all posted here. I hope this new course of action brings the health and healing you so deserve!

Tammy