Masters Running

Bye, bye, November, 11.30.19 (Read 40 times)

RunnerKSA I am just getting back to RA and read your post. Horrible.

Tramps glad they caught the killer.

It looks like my Beijing and Hong Kong trip will be starting on schedule tomorrow. There was some threat that my flight would be canceled due to weather in New Jersey. But it looks like the storm will delay long enough to let my flight leave on time, or nearly so. Then it is just under 14 hours on the plane before I land. Maybe I will fall into a coma upon takeoff and not recover until we land? I can hope.

In running news, I went out for 6 miles this morning. My last outdoor run until at least next Friday when I am in Hong Kong. I refuse to even try to run outdoors in Beijing with the pollution they have. You would think that at the very least they would put scrubbers on their coal plants. After all the politburo members have to breath too.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, the Alabama/auburn game is entertaining. Someone here may be even more entertained

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Joe618

Safe travels, TwoCat!!   Some books and sleep on that long flight??  I've done a few of those and empathize. 

Looking forward to hearing  Falcon's views on the Iron Bowl.   Oh my!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Mariposai

Safe travels Twocat.  Enjoy the Cavalcade.

Today I planned the perfect time to go out for a 14 miler. Good weather,  sunny, happy heart and all that jazz. 3 miles into the run my knee started barking at me our of no where so I walked run back home. The only highlight of the run was the company on the phone who cheered me and kept me going.  Back to icing the knee and taking time off from running.  Arhhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Love the man, but I'll be looking forward to getting back to work on Monday, so I can relax!  

Leslie - I don't know why but you guys are takin' me back to so much ancient history but a funny newspaper cartoon I remember since the eighties showed a Japanese father pushing and shoving his along a crowded train station with wife with three kids in tow, six (my PR too) shoulder bags and two wheel suitcases to get to an equally crowded swimming beach before suffering the same on the return before sitting relaxed in his desk-to-desk Japanese office with a same, "finally, I can relax!"  I think we all know the feeling.

twocat - if your morning flight arrives in late afternoon or early evening in Beijing when it's time to go to sleep, be sure to do whatever you need to do to stay awake as much as possible on the way over, no more than four hours of sleeping out of 14, if possible.  Maybe get a Babel or something at the airport and, at least, learn how to count, NSEW directions, even how to write them in Chinese characters . Good luck.

ps - be sure to google air quality index as, with no more open air burning or coal either, it's been recording "good" in recent days. Don't know how their "good" compares with "good" over here but the big Buddha at Beihai Lake might be a good destination.  Be sure to look lost every once in a while for some English-practice conversationalists. Have fun.

pps - if you do get to go running out to Beihai or somewhere, be sure to take the hotel name-and-address, and some renminbi for getting back.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Falconfixer

Well that was exciting.  And I only saw the first 3 quarters.  We usually go to Mass on Saturday night and tonight DW was cantoring and I was lector and a Eucharistic Minister....and to avoid temptation I left my cell phone in the car.  It was 40-38 when I went into church and I didn't expect us to hold the lead.  Very glad they did and the highlights I saw were as great as the rest of the game I did see.  War Eagle!

Just checking in after a lazy day.  I did shovel the sidewalk and a path to the mailbox.  Man is that snow heavy, I feel sorry for MikeE if he doesn't have a snowblower yet.  Lots of football watchers here today.  I recorded the Minnesota - Wisconsin game and have that on now.  There has been a lot of hype about that on the news lately.

Jay, you had a long chilly run today, good negative splits.

Dave - I have been wondering why you moved, now I know.  Is it another condo?  Glad you guys are there for MIL.  Hope you figure out a running route. Did you forget about the Running Rule #1?  Joe tried to get around it but got caught on a cold wet run too.

You know, Henrun, when the sun is out I feel about 10 degrees warmer.

Hey Deeze, that sounds like a fun group to run with.

Tet - good luck in the race tomorrow, you switched to the half, right? Brrr.....

Tramps, that hike with Tribee sounds like fun.  I wish MrStarr would want to do something like that.  Yeah, Leslie, this weekend is getting long for me too.  I know Monday will be super busy with all of the past due utility bills due.  I wonder how many we will have to disconnect on Thursday.  We call all of them on Tuesday then hang notices on their doors on Wednesday. All they really have to do is call us to work something out and we will wait for the payment.

Back to the game now to see if Minnesota ends up with Paul Bunyan's Axe...... and on to play Ohio State.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

tetsujin209 thank you for the sleeping advice. I will give it a shot.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...tet//...........thanks,

that Oyster Casserole recipe

actually goes back several generations in our family,

as does the Blessing we say at each meal

==========

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....