Masters Running

Ma Econo's RR: Woods Lady does well (Read 287 times)

Way to go Woods Lady. Congrats on a well run race and 1st in AG. TomS
      You are awesome Woods Lady! You've done well indeed. Karin
      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. 1st in AG. NICE!!!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

coastwalker

4) During the walk portions, quicker shorter steps are generally faster paced than longer strides where you said you "stretched the legs out". You can prove this to yourself on a running track.
          Spareribs is absolutely right! Oneof the most important keys to fast walking is a high stride count. So keep your strides a little shorter, bend your arms 90 degrees and keep them pumping. Good luck, and keep on having fun! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Excellent job Woods Lady!!! Great RR and superb effort! Cool Cool Cool Looking forward to many more RR's from you. An 8K and a 10K should be no problem for you now! Congrats on your 1st place!
            Mariposai

I am very happy with my results. I finished the race in 42 min, 16 sec for a 13:38 pace. My best race, everything concerned. I was 1 of 8 in my age group. I hope to run an 8K soon.
              Big grinBig grinNOBODY is stopping maEcono now. Before you know it she will be running Half Marathons!!!!!!!!!! Great job MaEcono, congrats on the 1AG...for some of us it took many, many races to get to that first 1AG, but for you lovely lady, it comes naturally. I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!! And your fashion report is superb.Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

huskydon

Great job, Woods Lady! Looks like you are on your way!
                  You go girl! Hey, I think it's funny that you blame being antisocial during a race on me! Embarrassed You did so many things right on this race and I'm proud of you. Being 1st of 8 is a real accomplishment, too!
                  RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I am having so much fun following you around your race circuit! Thanks for your detailed RR. I appreciate the insight you add. I so wish my mom would read here. It might inspire her to add some running to her walking! Congratulations on your victory! About that dizzy feeling, if you are adequately hydrated and nourished, then I might worry a bit about too quick a BP drop after exertion. Not sure how to handle this other than slow your slow down, meaning, you've finished your race very strong, now try jogging, then walking then stopping.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Awesome job, Woods Lady. What an inspiring and enjoyable read, too. And AG hardware to boot! Terrific! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com