Masters Running

Saturday 26 Oct (Read 46 times)

{{{TW and Pickles}}}

Funny, I am listening to some old Donovan, and one of his songs has a part that sounds a lot like a Led Zeppelin song.

Led Zepplin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP9xMobANJM

Donovan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5juycWcgd_I

I'm wondering who stole from whom, but apparently he did collaborate with some of Led Zeppelin members at one time.

Ok, I ran 5 miles on the trails with Remi this morning, all good.  Lots of fog.

Quiet weekend here, tidying up.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Tselbs - that brought a smile to my face too!!Smile

+1  (and enjoy your party)

{{{TomWhite and Pickles}}}

Dg – watch out for that “accidental” running… groundhog – yikes!

Ribs – no surprise that Riblet is quite the speedster – well done for both of you.

Stumpy – Big grin

DH had to work today, so I decided to get my LR in today.  Then I ran a zillion errands -  Walmart, Meijer, seamstress’ shop, library, home to get the kids, then to the optometrist to order glasses for DD, Burlington Coat Factory to get DS a new coat, Jo Ann Fabric to look at zippers to fix DD’s coat, Subway, and then home.  Whew!

12 miles for me this morning in 31 windy degrees.

Off to a friends’ Halloween party in a bit, busy making some miniature pigs-n-blankets with mini sausages – NOT healthfood.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

will run for popsicles

enkephalin: I was curious about this, and just googled the zep version. turns out to be a cover of a song written in the 1950s.

wikipedia says they didn't originally credit her, leading to what must have been a nice Christmas present for her later down the road.

So Donovan has to be the guilty party in this crime. Never trust anyone who writes "Mellow Yellow" ...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I had no idea what beer pong is but TomS always brings a smile to my face.
          Speaking of not knowing, was enke talking about something today?
          What kind of half is Rib’s doing?  (__ __ __ __).
          .... note: if you don’t tell ilene what it is <<<(halfmary/halfmary)>>>, it doesn’t count.
          Skier mom - maybe another question to ask kathrine next week is if she’s been to the Morgan Museum and Library’s exhibit of J.D.Salinger (1919-2010) letters written to another one of his fans in his pre-Catcher-in-the-Rye days. I wonder if Kathrine ever did.
          Tom - pickle’s lucky she has you taking care of her to get her counts up.
          You mean a lot to a lot of us you know..
          Yep, I actually went running today, . . if that’s what you can call it.
          5K Pumpkin Push in raised rice farmer wooden sandals (geta) - 36:45 (11:50m/m)
          More than 2m/m slower than when trying to keep up to the svelt goddess
           <<<(that would be enke)>>> floating away in front of me at the Runs
          with Fishes to start off the month.
          Maybe the ninja tabi's’ll do better in tomorrow’s Run Scared 5K

I think mariposai has a winner of a half mari in the works.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Maniac 505

Stumpy,  the garmin issue is probably the USB driver.  Tough to troubleshoot but here is a web page with info and a link to some software that might help   ((TW abd Pickles))

Marathon Maniac #957

What kind of half is Rib’s doing?  (__ __ __ __).

Big grin

MikeE - I think the prize is fudge or cookies....

Ribs and Twocat - I bought a bunch of Roma tomatoes and am going to lightly toss them in olive oil and garlic and basil and bake them tomorrow.  What temperature and time again?  Also, besides tossing in pasta, what other ways do you use them?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Checking in to see how the race is going/went for Jay - i completely messed up my week-ends and had a test today ... so no race or w/e away Roll eyes

{{{Pickles}}}}

Going to school while working full time is getting in the way of running. For those who don’t know, I am a nurse, going back to get my masters, so I can teach the next generation coming through. We recently reviewed dementia and I know my classmates will appreciate the beer pong approach! As for real beer of non-alcoholic … there are many causes of dementia and some involve the liver, plus there are medications to consider and some affect the liver. On top of all those concerns, orientation is a big issue with dementia, so why add to it. Hopefully non-alcoholic beer has improved over the years and tastes good?

2 miles after spending three hours taking an online exam. I bought some hand weights on the way home – they made it challenging to eat my post-run ice cream cone.

Yeah to the Riblet!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I am very sorry to hear about pickles tomwhite.  You are both in my prayers.

enke, it is really weird that you brought up Donovan.  Ryan has been listening to him, lately...in fact he had him on while we were driving home from practice, today.  Ryan loves the old stuff.  The Beatles are his favorite.  He said he wishes he had grown up in that time period.  I told him if he had then he'd be an old man like me.  He said it would be worth it.  I wonder if he'll feel the same way when he's an old man?

I hope my kids put me in a place that plays beer pong, too...but I hope they wait until I need to be there...and I hope they play with real beer.

Nice racing everybody.  I, too, am looking forward to hear how Jay's race went.

So, the cross country boys had their practice at 1:00 pm, today, instead of 6am.  So, since I was planning a long run, I timed it so I could be at their practice for my last few miles.  It worked out perfectly.  I never stopped.  When I saw them lining up, I just turned in front of them and picked up my pace, trying to stay ahead of them for as long as I could.  I was supposed to be doing it at a 7:17 pace...but, somehow, I managed  some 6:30's in those last few miles.  Anyway, 17 miles in 1:59:51.  And every inch of me hurts.

Okay--I guess I'd better go.  See ya.

Mariposai

{{{{Pickles and TomWhite}}}} Butterfly hugs and prayers are going your way.

Just decided to stop by to see if we have any news from Jay.

Only 2 miles or so for me as I dressed up as a zombie and chased runners during our town's first zombies run race. We had about 70 people, which is a large number for our community. The local school's drama club brought about 30 zombies for us to make the one mile walk/run fun.

Back to cooking. Today is the annaul "Posie hut's fall fest". Friends are showing up in about two hours with their favorite fall weather food. I am making twocat's pumpkin stew. Also baking some bread to go with the stew. I baked apple pie and apple crisp for dessert. Ohhh and Chri's Chicken is being roasted as well. My hut smells heavenly. You guys are welcome to come. Just show up at around 4pm Cool

Go racers go!!!

Ribs, great job to Riblet and you too!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TW....    give Pickles some extra hugs for met, OK?  You two have been thru a lot.

Got in a very wet and very cold run on the trails today.  Called it quits after 7.5 miles.... that was enough.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

thanks for the suggusteions.  I finally did a hard reset and it appears to be communicating again.  Probably a good thing, as I just got a new pair of Pure Flows this afternoon.   that sort of takes care of the running budget for a while.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.