Masters Running

Sunday 12/11 & You Know Someone Running Should Really Start the Daily (Read 31 times)

It is noon EST and I am starting the daily.  The closest I got to running today is my DW. She and her friend went for a 4 mile run in the tundra. I went down in the nice warm gym and did an hour on the elliptical. I have been going through last season's Fear the Walking Dead. The scripts are not getting better as the season goes on.

Last week I purchased a bunch of baby bananas. They are ripe and now that means they have to be turned into baby banana banana bread! I have so many baby bananas that I am in the middle of producing four loaves. Fortunately, I have lots of takers for them so I will only be pigging out on one of them.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Yummy!! Those look great Twocat!!

Starr - Blood donations can make running a little sluggish for a couple weeks, but right now I don't have any heavy training on my schedule. My 8 miles yesterday was at a somewhat easy pace for me and the only race I have is a 5k next weekend. It's a fun Jungle Bell run so if I don't push and race it it's no big deal.

1.5 miles this morning before work with my fingertips freezing. Just enough to stay in my holiday "Don't get a fat ass over the holidays" challenge!!

denise

Good day all, still morning here in the PNW. Started following the Hot Chocolate 15k training plan this week and already tweaking it to accommodate yoga classes. Easy 8.5 for me this morning, chilly but no rain or snow!

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

DH and I took my dad to Top Golf last night for his birthday and had a lot of fun.  It's sort of like a triple-decker driving range where you hit the balls at lighted targets, and it keeps score for you - sort of a cross between golf and a video game.  Even with the winter cold, they have heaters blowing down on you that really keep you warm.

My dad is currently downsizing, moving into a much smaller house.  He offered me his TM, since he won't have room for it in his new place.  He said he paid $4000 for it new, and it never got much use.  Well, he didn't have to ask me twice.  My current TM is about 15 years old, and my dad's TM is much higher quality.  DH and DS went over to pick it up today and put it in the garage.  Now I need to spend the afternoon reading the online manual to try to figure out how to work it - not used to this kind of high-tech.

14.5 miles for me today in a windy 28 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

No need to run when I left the land of rain-and-showers

and about one-third of Mr. Snowman from Friday melting away

on the lawn for a pre-Christmas visit and some sledding in GS-land . yippee

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Good for you Holly. Can't wait for our top golf to open in Fishers. Also the TM was pretty cool.

Oooh banana bread. Yum.

Today was a simple day. No running since my achilles is sore so more elliptical. Decorated my moms place with the kids. Today was not a good day with her dementia but we played along with the story and it ended well. Frankly this one is so hard but it teaches great lessons to the kids.

Have a great evening everyone. Hug those loved ones.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/