Masters Running

Zombie Thursday - 26 July 2012 (Read 407 times)

Dave59

Speaking of zombies, I was up really late because of storms so I feel like one today.  I am going to hide behind a tree, and then jump out and chase runners when they go by my house.

I love the rain so I don't mind being tired.  I sat in the garage and watched some of it. 

Hope to run sometime today.  Original plan was to get up at 5am and run for 90 minutes.  Good thing I am flexible with my plans.

mta: Got in a late morning 3.26 miles.  The rain stopped, the sun was coming out, and the air was steamy.  But for a short run I could stand it.  I was sweating like I ran a lot further.

...mornin' dave//////

========

120min hiking yesterday triple-digits

28min poolrun

today

x-bike standing and

double weight sessions

.......................good running guys...............Nice to hear from dtoce yesterday

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good morning Dave and Tom.  Zombies huh, Dave?  It's a bit early for Halloween isn't it?

I've been in an extended Lazy Phase lately.  I was finally able to slap myself out of it this morning and got back out there early today.  26.75 miles on the Yellow Streak in about an hour and twenty six minutes.  The longest ride I've done on the new bike and a solid if unspectacular 18.6 mph average.  I'm likin' riding the bike.  Wish I could say the same for the swimming, but it'll get better as I get smoother and a bit faster.

Bill

PS: those couple of dips in the graph below were when I had to stop at a couple of traffic lights.

Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59 if you want to be a zombie you have to shamble.  Real, as in Night of the Living Dead, zombies do not jump.  That is just so not dead!  Wink

I just want to point out my zombie problems are all due to Mariposai who introduced me to Zombies, Run! for my phone.  So next time you see a zombie cat remember to blame her! 

Back from the gastroenterologist.  Dead  This was a followup visit.  As expected, he thinks there is nothing.  Final word on Tuesday.  If there is a more miserable appointment to have than with a gastroenterologist I really do not want to find out!  I managed to get through without anesthesia so if the storm clouds disappear for a bit I hope to run outside later today.  Plan D is the TM in the basement.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Lazy zombie-like "run" for me, too. Sluggish 5-miler.  My mojo just ain't working for me lately.  Ah, well.

BTW, for the record: hornets, not wasps.

Also, for those of us of a certain age who grew up appreciating Springsteen, there's a very good retrospective profile in the New Yorker this week.  Long and worth the read.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Erika, you will do grand! It will be so much fun to watch you via  youtube. When is the performance?

Meeting at airports are rather convenient for participants. In my former work I used to do it a lot. Now, I just have to drive for 6 hours for a 4 hour meeting...Dead

So now I am to be blamed for twocat's mental health status? hummm Joking.

Pirate, great hiking yesterday!

I sure hope the Maine vacationers are having a lot of fun!

Safe trip Leslie. Have fun! I will follow you through facebook.

During my run today I was thinking of Karin. Butterfly hugs to you sistahh!! 4 easy miles with my DH, then 2 additional miles for me for a total of 6 miles, the longest I have ran since the marathon two weeks ago, just as it should be. 

Oh...when I got back home, I holly-up for some upper body weights, and a little bit of yoga (Hi OrangeMat).

Wonderful triple digest are expected around here today. Just the way summer should be.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Dave59 - I am feeling very much like a Zombie today too.    I just hope I'm not looking like one too!!  Wink

I got out for 4 miles yesterday before the day's event of moving my mom.   I almost broke down a couple of times, and she did once a little, but luckily I wasn't in the room.     Her new A.L. apartment is all set up with her stuff and pictures are hung.   She said "I like this a lot more than I thought I would" and we all expressed an audible sigh of relief!    We had lunch with her which was excellent and the chef goes around to every table to see if you liked it.     I told her I might never buy groceries again and just go eat with her every night.  LOL   There will be an adjustment time for us all, and a learning curve for her to manuver.    Tonight at 6 is Wii bowling in the rec room......I think I am going to go join in the fun if they'll let me. 

So good to see Perch popped back in!!

Good luck Leslie and have safe travels!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild

Carolyn

Hope to run sometime today.  Original plan was to get up at 5am and run for 90 minutes.  Good thing I am flexible with my plans.

Hah!  Now I feel all virtuous for actually dragging my butt out of bed at 5am to run!  Smile   5 miles in Bear Creek Lake Park, on the cool shady trails along the creek.  I saw 6 runners and 3 mule deer bucks, and some fishermen at the lake. No zombies, though. 

One thing I learned when I ran before work on Tuesday is that I need to bring more food with me - I was starving all day Tuesday.   I've already had a bagel, yogurt, banana, and 2 oranges in the hour I've been at work - and that's in addition to the bagel and coffee I had at home before the run! 

Happy trails!

Carolyn

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

This is an unbelievable coincidence!  I got up to run today, planning on 3+ miles in the park, but felt so sluggish I did just 1.1 and called it quits, so whatever you folks have, it's catching here in TX.

Our house is a very very very nice house, with Twocat in the yard.

I just posted the answers to questions 4-7 of the running trivia contest. One more post should wrap it up.

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2012/07/running-trivia-quiz-answers-part-ii.html/

Tramps

Our house is a very very very nice house, with Twocat in the yard.

Big grin

I bet it's a fine house.  Did you put flowers in the vase?  Or maybe a jar?

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

This is an unbelievable coincidence!  I got up to run today, planning on 3+ miles in the park, but felt so sluggish I did just 1.1 and called it quits, so whatever you folks have, it's catching here in TX. Ohio

Yup.  Me, too.  Jumping on the sluggish runs bandwagon.  Today was supposed to be 6 x 800m intervals, but I got about 200m into my first interval and felt so sluggish I gave up.  Could have been the 3 beers last night.  Could have been the fact that it was 83 degrees at 5am.  Either way, the mojo was not there.

7 easy-paced miles for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

RE:  wildchild this is a general warning to all RA readers!  If you are ever running with wildchild do not, I repeat do not, let her pick the route!  Take a look at the elevation profile in her post this past Saturday!  Shocked  You have been warned!

OrangeMat is coming to visit this weekend and I'm taking her trail running.  But how am I supposed to let HER pick the route?  She doesn't know the trails around here!  I'm really looking forward to torturing another flatlander  trail running with another RA friend!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Morning/Afternoon Y'all!

Had a fun day on the river yesterday. 4 hrs of rafting, got in a good shoulder/lat workout. Blazing hot day, so it was the perfect spot to be. working today, running tonight when we cool off to 80. rafting again with the workcrew tomorrow.

Tammy

Here are some cute British words and their translations:

nappie - diaper

pushchair - stroller

crisps - potato chips

That zombie app sounds fun.  If only there was a way to avoid meeting them on hills.

I'll add myself to the butt-dragging group.  7am (too sunny for me already) 60-65F, 6.1 miles and I had to walk up the last two hills.

I am totally clueless as to what SR and Tramps are discussing.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I am totally clueless as to what SR and Tramps are discussing.

You're obviously not old enough to remember that song.  (Hint: by Crosby, Stills, and Nash)

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong