Masters Running

Weightloss Healthy Eating Challenge - Week 2 (Read 308 times)

I am not going to weigh in every week. Too depressing for me. But I will post and use the recipes and healthy eating ideas. Holly, who would think a chili dog would be healthy. Have you tried tofurkey yet? I havent. Too scared. Healthy eating tidbit of the day. My kids bought Tofuti Cuties and they arent bad. Little tofu ice cream sandwiches. Good if you are allergic to dairy. 2nd healthy eating tidbit. I tried a yogurt called Fage. Not bad. Less calories and a lot less sugar. Mix in some fruit and low fat granola and its a good snack or breakfast. Good luck to all. Hey the recipes and food ideas are great. Keep them coming. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Renee the dog

Thanks everyone for putting up with my horror stories today. It did get better. I locked all of us in my bedroom (which is where the kids sleep too) and let them play for an hour while I dozed on and off. Then, after they irritated me enough I yelled at them to get in bed, and we all napped for a couple hours. Oh, and one very sweet thing happened too. My 5 yr old daughter got very upset and started crying uncontrollably when I insisted play time was over. She was bawling like crazy. Her 2 yr old brother went to my side of the bed, got a tissue and took it over and started wiping her tears. It totally caught her offguard, and she said in wonderment, "He got me a tissue to dry my tears." And calmed down. I am now so dehydrated that I feel like I have a shrunken head on top of my body. But, my body is very strong, so I'm already on the way to recovery. I'm washing the sheets in the "sanitize" setting and airing out the whole house (G*d bless that ocean breeze and 50+ degrees!). Now to rework my running schedule....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, the 8 oz of wine won out. And some peanuts.. And a Miller Lite.. (sigh) But I feel really good right now... Smile Hey, I ran 11 miles this morning - surely I can have 2100 calories. Let's see, that's 600 calories over maintainence, and I prolly burned about 935 calories with this morning's run, so I'm still ahead of the game. All is well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

There ya go, Holly. And guess what. I'm going to have a glass of wine (or two) tonight and.... I didn't run. Going to DS2's basketball game took forever and getting back, too. With the trip back to campus it's a 60 mile round trip. Then we had to stop at the school to get a math book (which is being ignored at the moment), so finally got home at almost 8. Now there's a meatloaf in the oven, mail has been sorted, preliminary straightening of things done... and there's no way I'm running. I'm tired. And a little achy. So... dinner, wine and bed are on tap for tonight. Hey, I ran 11 miles yesterday. Wink

Prince of Fatness

2/20 - 168.5 lbs. 2/27 - 170.5 lbs. I saw this coming, so I'm not all worried about it. I'm still down a pound from 2 weeks ago. Back on the stick this week.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

11 mile hard run, 2100 calories, and you know what? The scale is EXACTLY the same as yesterday. Angry Now I know why I don't like to weigh in every day.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly - Pick your one day a week, get up, pee, then weigh yourself naked. That will give you the best average weight. Our bodies fluctuate continually, every day, every hour, which is why it's not good to weigh every day. Plus, remember that you've been doing a lot of running, as well as a lot of strength training. Muscle weighs more than fat. You may be gaining weight, or even staying at the same level, but you have more muscle on you now. And when you have high volume weeks of running, as well as other exercises, you need to ensure you are eating right and the right amounts every day to help you through that week of exertion. Does that make sense at all?? I weighed in yesterday, but haven't had a chance to post 'til today. I was at 139.3. Surgery and not being able to eat does wonders for weight loss! Big grin But now I'm at conference, and sometimes it's hard to not eat all the crap that's served. But I will fight the good fight!!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance