Masters Running

Garden Spot Marathon - Lancaster PA - Big money for 50+ (Read 230 times)

I'd never heard of this event, that is right down the road from me in Lancaster County Pennsylvania. http://www.gardenspotvillagemarathon.org/ The interesting thing is that they have seperate prize money for open and 50+ category... $1000 first, $500 second, $250 third. I've never seen a marathon that offers this type of money for GrandMasters. This may have something to do with the fact that "Garden Spot Village" is a retirement community..... I'm a bit over a year shy of 50, but if I'd be real tempted by this one if I were... I wonder what time it would take to win 50+ and if the $1000 will attract some faster older runners. I would think sub 2:45 would be a good bet to win? Ray

Marathon Maniac #957

Did they have the same option last year? If so, look up the winning times for the Masters runners. I'd bet you're a shoe-in to win.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Only runners look forward to getting older... Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.