Masters Running

Wednesday 8-29......Hump day (Read 409 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning.....I made the title hump day, because it's nice I finally have those Smile

I did a "Jay" and got up to run at 4:00am this morning. Gorgeous morning out and fairly cool. 6 speedy miles which felt good, which I thought my legs would be dead after my 14 miles yesterday....but I split those up in 2 runs tho.

Off to work I go, and looking forward to it....being productive again.

Trying not to talk about Donna as much here, but she is starting to open up and tell me what she's going through. Regardless of anything....she's such a beautiful woman and precious person, and she has feelings too that I need to respect and honor.

Have a good day...

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

coastwalker

Mornin' all, and welcome to the 4 o'clock club, Tim - and you too, Starr!

Lively day on the forum yesterday, with lively older ladies, birthday dogs, Presidents, science, pancakes, photos and, oh yeah, lots of runs. Welcome back, Hallar - good to see you posting and running again.

Wildchild, those were great photos of the pelicans, but also of that great blue (with it's almost perfect reflection in the water). I'm on the board of the Great Bay Stewards, and our logo shows a great blue heron.

Liked and laughed at your shots too, Tramps (with the "orange dots"). Looks like you had a great visit.

No extra coffee and no naps yesterday, and my 7pm meeting, unfortunately, was not with DW (it was a Conservation Commission meeting). I didn't get home till 10:30, and was beat. I woke at 4, got up, fed the cat, thought about going for a workout, and went back to bed instead. I slept (OMG!!!) until 5:45, so no workout this morning. Now I have to get out of here for today's 8am meeting. My life is nuts, but I sure do enjoy it!

Cheers!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I woke at 4, got up, fed the cat, thought about going for a workout, and went back to bed instead. I slept (OMG!!!) until 5:45, so no workout this morning.

Wow - you really ARE like the rest of us once in a while! Wink Sounds like you needed the extra zzz's. Good choice, Jay.

And Mr. Tim, up and at'em so early. Isn't running in the dark fun?

Hi Hallar! Welcome back!

Speaking of running in the dark, I channeled my inner Jay/Tim and was out the door at 4:30. 5 miles, IRC and a comfortable pace of 9:47. I passed lots of runners, walkers and rabbits today. The rabbits are usually around, not so much the other people.  Tried to work out in the yard last night and the mosquitoes forced me inside. I couldn't believe it - within a minute I was literally covered with them! I've never seen them this bad - how are they in your neck of the woods?

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Good to hear that Donna is opening up to you Tim.    Welcome back to the world of "hump days".

Jay slept in!!!  Holy Cow!

Yea, Hallar is back! 

Happy birthday to Avenger Doggie .... what did you get for your birthday?

JLynne - we have not had any mosquitos this year!    Or, should I say very few, it has been wonderful!

So, I was wondering, does it count as a double if I take one dog running and then go home to drop him off and take another one out?  Wink    That's what I did again today with the Brinkley and B'Nellie tag team for a total of 5 miles.   Another stunningly clear morning and cool 55°.    Sat outside when I got home with a cup of coffee and threw the ball a few times for all four dogs.   How they find that thing in the dark woods is simply amazing to me. 

Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning everyone,

I've been out of touch for about 3 weeks and I missed RA. 

Did my D.C to Pittsburgh bike trip last week.  We were shuttled to DC on Saturday, toured on DC on bikes Sat. pm & all day Sunday. Then hit the C&O trail on Monday morning.  5 days and 4 nites later we were in Pitt. Here are a few of the 286 pics I took.  Lincoln, FDR, Paw Paw tunnel, top of the mountain.  I had 1 flat tire, the only one in our group. 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Dave59

Went to the gym yesterday for some elliptical and weights.

This morning was a short tempo run that ended being 4 miles.

Not much going on around here at 4am (on those rare days I am up to see) but I sat out front last night and saw a lot of activity.  Runners, walkers, scooters, roller blades, and bicycles were all out last night.

I was up and out at 4:25 AM.  I hope that's good enough to include me in the 4AM club ...

Planned on 25 miles on the Bike.  Unfortunately got another flat.  So obviously there is something going on with either my rim or the tire.  I'm going to have to check it out carefully, because when I checked last week everything seemed good.  Not.  Rather than risk another flat I did not change it.  Instead I walked it home 3+ miles - alternating walking barefoot and in my biking shoes.  Hope I didn't mess up my feet.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Bill, I warned my DW if I get a flat I'm calling her to come get me.

I'm definitely not one of you morning people.  I got up at 6:00 and thought that was pretty early, the same as I did Sunday for my LR with Paul.  Had 6 miles planned but then I thought, what if DS doesn't get up in time for school?  I circled back and got home with a little over 3 miles.  Sure enough, he was dead to the world.  It took 3 tries and he finally woke up.  I can run again this evening.  Tomorrow morning I'll set the coffee timer and that will get me out the door sooner, rather than fiddling around half asleep trying to make coffee.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Bill, I warned my DW if I get a flat I'm calling her to come get me.

If I had been any further away i would have done that.  But I knew I had time enough to walk home and not be late for work.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Carolyn—I saw that “scared” comment. 

“Tribee probably forced you....”  Et tu, Enke

Welcome back, Hallar!

Geez, Jay.  Sleeping half the day away!  Wink

Nice pics, Sarge.  Sounds like a great trip.

A cool 70F this morning for a delightful 7-mile run.  I need to decide what I’m doing this Fall (no marathon, that’s for sure) and come up with a plan soon.  Enough of the summer lollygagging!

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Hurray to Hallar's sighting!

Sarge, great pictures! All your bike comments makes me want to bike some more.

Spareribs, did I miss your "twice a day" blog post?

Twocat, take car of that cranky ankle. Good luck with your "test" run tomorrow.

Hurrayy Enkephalin is coming to volunteer at the Autumn Leaf Run...

I am still exhausted from my trip, so I decided to ignore the 5am alarm (which made my DH not very happy) and I went for a short 6 miles at 6am instead. Taper week is grand!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...I need

to gain 30-lbs so I can have

''Limp In, Walk Out''

stenciled

on the back

of my swimming trunks

(currently

''LIWO''

is all that will Fit on there)

=========

GREAT poolrun.........30-min, got out PAIN-FREE

and if I wasn't

already aware what An Idiot I can be,

would add a Hike this afternoon.

.................currently

Patiently Awaiting the LongWeekEnd

then

TRAILRUN///////////...................YOWZA//////////

(guess you could say I'm Jazzed.)

.......................GoodRunning Guys...............Enjoy Your Work-Out, if you aren't,,,,,,,,,, CHANGE SOMETHING

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Mariposai, the blog post is still up from Monday.  Just go to runningblog.dallasnews.com and scroll down.

Great pictures Sarge.  You look exactly like what a person named Sarge should look like.

Good to see haillar here again.

So nobody got the question about the watch named for a letter of the Greek alphabet?  That was especially for twocat.  You all got the others right.

My legs are finally back.  4.5 miles with my RP, including 2 x 800 embedded, just to pick it up a bit.

According to DC Comics, Superman and what heroine are soon to be romantically involved?  That's for Avenger Doggie.

Spareribs

Henrun

Nice to see all the early morning people. I'm up early every morning even though I don't have work facing me.

Been struggling with my L leg since my disastrous 10K 11days ago. Finally diagnosed as an ITB. Started PT on Mon. and was advised to do some cross training. Did the elliptical yesterday and planning on swim today. Have been stretching twice daily. Pain is still there but not as acute as when it started. Have been walking also. Did 2.5 mile walk this morning (1.5 miles of it on soft surface of local reservoir).

We're scheduled for a half marathon in one month. Right now, prospects for doing it are quite dim since I can't run. Guess I'll cheer on Marj and her DD. Also my DIL's brother is running it. So, it'll be fun just being in the support group.

...Hang in There henry////////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....