Masters Running

Masters Monkey Rumors... (Read 712 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I hear that there are some Masters Running Forum members who are thinking about Monkey, but worried about the registration process. As I think about the registration process for this year, it would be helpful to know who is interested.

Roll call? Smile

C-R

I'm in Heat Mizer

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm in!  I'm also thinking of running the Moab Trail Marathon, but Monkey is 2 weeks later - should be enough time to recover.

Carolyn

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Me, too!  Carolyn - why don't you fly into Dayton and we can drive down together and share a room at the Microtel?  DH offered to go with me to keep me company, but I know he'd rather stay home if he could.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

I'm in.

Queen of 3rd Place

OMG, NEVER AGAIN will I participate in the torture-fest that is the Monkey! Don't let him suck you in, beware!!! He's signed a pact with the evil weather gods!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!

Well, ok, maybe next year. 

Ex runner

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm in.

Excellent!

Arlahile - the beer and feast at the end made it all worth it...sadly, last time, I had to leave rather quickly to get on the road home...this year I will stay an extra night, enjoy the festivities, and drive home the next day.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pfriese

OMG, NEVER AGAIN will I participate in the torture-fest that is the Monkey! Don't let him suck you in, beware!!!

My sentiments exactly.

.Now if I can talk DW into a trip to Nashville, I'd love to make up for my no-show last year.

.Looks like training for this marathon that CANNOT be trained for will begin soon.

Guess that makes me a maybe, too.

Paul

wildchild

Carolyn

Me, too!  Carolyn - why don't you fly into Dayton and we can drive down together and share a room at the Microtel?  DH offered to go with me to keep me company, but I know he'd rather stay home if he could.

Holly - it looks like a 5 hour drive from Dayton to Nashville - I'd probably just fly to Nashville, unless Dayton is cheaper.  But maybe I could time it so you could pick me up at the airport, and we can share a room.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - ever hopeful that Trent will let us in, I just made reservations at the Microtel for 11/17 and 11/18.  Only 10 minutes from the start or something close to that, and $53/night plus tax - can't beat that!  I stayed there last time and was very pleased with the accommodations - clean, well-kept, nice breakfast, etc.  Very happy to share with you, and yes, if you time it right I might be able to find the airport.....Joking

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I am in.Who knew I was a follower. I thought I was just a back of the packer.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

So Trent, it looks like these folks are in for this year:

HollyS

C-R

Wildchild

Pfriese

Slo_Hand

Runnerclay

Think we will get in?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Top 'O the World!

Oh, hey...I'm a definite maybe! Wink

A lot can happen btwn now & then & I've already raised my hand for a cpl of other "training runs" in CO & NE

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Dear wifey has a good friend in NashVegas that she's been wanting to visit, so there may be a consensus for a visit. I'm running for a PR in NYC what, 2 weeks before? Against every fiber of logic in my being, and completely lacking any common sense, I am going to try and make it.