Masters Running

West Coast Wednesday - Up and At 'Em (12-18) (Read 35 times)

Trying to get motivated to go out to the shop.  You'd think my increasing waistline would be motivation enough, but apparently not.

Posie's son is a AAA Class Act.

Am green with envy of Wildchild's Full Moon Run.  (Was that with or without bottoms??? re )

When I had to drive to the courthouse, I tried to park in approximately the same area.  A few times that wasn't possible.  On more than one occasions I either thought my car had been stolen, or I had to just stand there for a few minutes trying to remember where I had parked.

OK - Out the to the shed I go ~ ~ ~ ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Good morning.

Hope Ribs gets his meds straightened out.

Carolyn--that sounds like another beautiful run for you.

Enke--that's funny.  Every now and then I have to stop and think about which vehicle I'm looking for in a parking lot.  Did I drive the truck or the car?

We got some sleet overnight. The roads and trees were icy this morning, shimmering in the moonlight. It looked festive somehow.

An EZ 5 with a little walking on a very slick hill.

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Leslie, I'm glad you got that shed mojo working for you - hope you had a good workout (gloved or not).

I'm glad you were smart out there on the 'festive' roads, Tramps!

Sounds like a gorgeous run, Wildchild. We all have to enjoy those magical times outdoors when they come along: I need to stop more and just take a look around and soak it all in when the temp, the the breeze, the moon, the skies, the sounds are just right. It sure doesn't happen every day, but it is wonderful when it does!

4.7 miles at 4:15 in 19F temps with a flag-stiffening NW breeze, under a gauzy fool moon that was still an hour or two from setting. We got about  3-4" of fresh snow last night, but all the roads had been plowed by this morning. I wore my Yak Traks again, and ran most of the distance. Even with the YT's It was pretty slippery out there, and I was wandering all across the roads to try to find solid footing. My right hamstring was tugging a bit on the downhills, and my left quad was complaining about this running stuff for a while too. So I was glad to get it done, but it had it's challenges. After breakfast, I spent about another 1.5 hours doing shoveling and snowblowing cross training. I hope I stay awake for tonight's meeting...

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

King of PhotoShop

Thank you tomwhite. I'll call the dr. this afternoon and tell him no more Zetia.  See what he says.  The urologist is concerned about the high PSA number so I go in January for a biopsy.  The fun just keeps comin'!

7.6 miles of hills this morning.  After telling my RP I was going to run her into the ground as I am feeling so good, I just couldn't keep up with her on those hills. Here I am chugging along at what felt like race pace and she's chattering away the whole time.  Grrrr.

I'm doing a "lunch and learn" for an hour in Dallas today with a new client which should be fun. I now have two local clients, which is so strange, to get in my car and drive a few miles, instead of getting on a plane and flying for hours.  It's a treat, believe me.  Spareribs

Dave59

It is warm outside today, 31°, but it is a mess.  I don't think I would ever get clean again if I ran in that dirty, slushy, slop so it was back to the basement treadmill.  5 miles with 6x440 at 5k pace, and some time walking while I took a call from work.  (Should have left the phone upstairs.  But you never know when it might be important.)

TammyinGP

I'm so behind  . . . I still have not read Wildchild's report, nor Mike's report, and I don't know what Posie Son did.  I will get to it all though, I promise!

haven't been running. Only 3 miles at the beginning of December. seriously lacking mojo, self-discipline, motivation, desire, etc.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I'm just popping in to say hi.  Hi.  Okay, gotta go.

ibleed, nice half and subsequent  long run.  Good job on the speedwork for evan and Dave.

This morning, my wife scheduled a breakfast get together with some friends so I was a bit rushed.  I did 4 miles on the TM at a 10:51 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I'm so behind  . . . I still have not read Wildchild's report, nor Mike's report, and I don't know what Posie Son did.  I will get to it all though, I promise!

haven't been running. Only 3 miles at the beginning of December. seriously lacking mojo, self-discipline, motivation, desire, etc.

Slacker ~

And Posie's son is being a Posie son.  'Nuf said.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Posie's son is a AAA Class Act.

Am green with envy of Wildchild's Full Moon Run.

+1 to both of these.

Tammy - no problem, December is a busy time.

I gave up some of my running time this morning to help DD study for her World Religions test today, then drove her and two of her friends to school for a 7am FCA meeting (Fellowship of Christian Athletes).  Still, I managed to get in 4 miles of intervals on the TM and still make it to work on time.  Like Erika said, if you can't get quantity, make it quality.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Just checking in before the end of the year. I was on a roll running once a month but have not ventured out in December yet. The full moon this week had me wanting to run but my foot has been hurting like crazy. There is just so much to deal with, the new house, music for church, Christmas, my new Kawai grand piano! I love playing it but wish they could get the player system operating.  The one day it worked I listened to the jazz numbers, pretty cool. Oh well, the tech will come on Saturday to fix it – just in time for our extended family Christmas Eve gathering. We had everyone home over Thanksgiving so it will be quiet at Christmas. Hopefully I will get back on track with a running plan.  I have missed you guys.

I am getting my exercise these days by going up and down steps. It’s been a while since I’ve had house with 3 levels. I was reminiscing that I started running 9 years ago and my first race was a DeLightful 5K in December, 2004 . This year the temps were way below zero so they changed the route to 1 mile or 1.6 mile race.

My present to myself is a family portrait we had taken at the studio at Thanksgiving. It’s is amazing how they can adjust the images to make it look like everyone was smiling the first time around. The babies were awake and not crying, awesome for 2 months and 3 months old! The other 3 toddlers wiggle,,,, a lot!

I have been trying to enjoy the Christmas season, enjoying time with friends and family and honoring my Savior’s birth. Truly he is my rock and my salvation. Today is especially meaningful to me, 18 months sober! Even greater is that DH is on Day 30 today.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - congratulation to both of you!  Sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday season...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My trip home was something like a really bad Mike E nightmare.  Yesterday, we get to the airport. Then 20 minutes before boarding the flight was canceled.  We managed to book a new one for 6am. That was good because DW had to be back in NY for work this morning. That was bad because it meant getting up at 3:30am! We got in relatively uneventfully. But both had horrible trips to our respective destinations.  DW was literally derailed by a  derailed Amtrak train. I was caught in a never ending traffic jam.  We had a contest as to who would have the longest commute. I "won." Tomorrow I will catch up here. Really. Well maybe. I can hope.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

(((Twocat and DW)))  What a nightmare!  I hope your Friday is smooth and restful....