Masters Running

Good Friday Dailies March 30, 2018 (Read 36 times)

So much for a day of rest.  I decided to clean my office today and I've been up and down the stairs at my office probably 20 times, with 3 or 4 of those carrying bankers boxes full of files.  It may not look cleaner and more organized from an outsider's perspective, but at least I know what's in each pile now.  

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Happy Birthday Deeze!  

I may run a few miles when I get home from work.  Depends on if Bella can talk me into it 

Looking forward to a 'short' long run tomorrow. only about 12 miles 

Tammy

Hi all, & congrats to KSA!  It makes me glad to hear about Henrun’s run across the Brooklyn bridge.  Think of all the places we’ve been to and things we’ve seen over the years because we were out for a run!  I guess that balances out the rocks :[.

I’ve been waiting to post until I had a real run to post, but.... I caught a cold and will rest for a few days.  I had been working long, long hours (it’s Spring Break!) and so I guess that’s the toll it takes.  Now I have an excuse to watch the Rajneesh documentary on Netflix (I’m on episode 4/6; it’s called Wild Wild Country).

Tetsujin, genki desu ka?  Cheers to all,

Renee

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEEZ!!!

Image result for birthday candles

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats on the streak, RunnerKSA!

Holly, have a fun vacation - you deserve it!

I met about 8 women from my Ultra Dirt Divas group today for a 15 mile run.  We were originally planning to run the Boulder Skyline Traverse (tagging all the high peaks you can see on the skyline from Boulder) but with all the recent snow and rain, we'd heard the trails were a mess.  So we went to Waterton Canyon instead, which is a dirt road with no traffic that follows a river up a canyon to a dam.  After the dam, it narrows to single track and it's the start of the Colorado Trail.  The road part is pretty mind numbing, but the Colorado Trail was beautiful, even though it was snow covered. Fun day, and mid 50s!

If the Boulder trails dry enough we're planning to do the skyline traverse on Sunday - should be good ultra training to run on tired legs!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

7.8 trail miles 980' elevation gain

happy birthday Deez!

Kids are out for Spring break, we're going to have a gay olde time at Madonna Inn tomorrow and then off the Hearst Castle Sunday. So it looks like I may not get many miles if any this weekend.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Kids are out for Spring break, we're going to have a gay olde time at Madonna Inn tomorrow and then off the Hearst Castle Sunday. So it looks like I may not get many miles if any this weekend.

Hey! You're going to my old stomping grounds!  I grew up in Cambria. My high school prom was at the Madonna Inn. The Hub wants to know if you'll be peeing in the clam shell?? 

Have fun ~~

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

bioguy

10.8 today, mostly of a 9 mile mo run

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, short post.  5+ after work at just under a 9 min pace.  Our re-habbed hangar has a nice locker room so I showered before heading over to the active duty wing's Maintenance Professional of the Year banquet.  Pretty fun, informal (we wore ABUs, not the tuxedo type uniforms), good food and in one of their maintenance hangars.

RunnerKSA, 1000!  Nice!  You'll get to the three years, and then some.

Heading to bed soon.  Have a great night everyone!

Mariposai

The good news for my Good Friday was the successful "hit the submit" button on a report that was due today.

After the successful event I met my running partner for a 3 miler run.

Tomorrow is a one hour walk/run plus getting my heart, my home and my kitchen ready for Resurrection Sunday.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)