Masters Running

Seafair Slogfest 2008 (Read 261 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I made the decision that this would be a fun run. I had a great time soaking (literally) up the whole experience.
    enke - it’s natural to have fun on the trails like the Cougar Mountain Series you’re doing but it’s a giant step for most runners to be able to ignore the clock and have fun in the road races. Welcome to the boomer fun division too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

So odd for you to get that kind of weather, what I am used to every day! But you made a wise choice, just as Francesca did, to take it easy and take it all in. On my trips up there I too am in awe every time the clouds part to let us see the mountain. What a lovely site. Nice job. Spareribs
        hi Enke, thanks for the detailed RR. I had no idea it got that warm in your part of the world! You did very well considering the heat and hills. I like those pictures; what a beautiful place to run. Sounds like you had a good time meeting other RA folks too Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

Handsome pirates? Sheesh, you have all the fun.... Great race and report, Enk, and I can hardly believe that picture - to this flatlander, it looks like another planet... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."