Masters Running

Sundaily July 29, 2018 (Read 34 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, didn't get out until 9:30 or so but it didn't crush me like it probably should this time of year.  First 5 miles went well, last 2.08 had a lot of walking.  Need to start carrying water again.  Still, even with the walking the overall pace was 10:00/mile.  This afternoon was able to get out for the "relaxation ride."  This one went south (to Montgomery) and crossed a toll bridge (free to bikes).  We rode down to the Double A ball park (local team is the Biscuits....their logo is my new favorite minor league logo) and to Riverfront Park.  Rode back the way we came but were delayed by a train.  18.7 miles.  Had timer issues so not sure how long it took, probably a bit over an hour of riding.

Tammy, good luck.

Coastwalker, nice race!

Have a great night everyone!

30 min of glute and core work.

Thank you for letting us know how you are, Tammy, and for working so hard to help with the animals.

{{{Holly}}}

The Carr Fire is over 83,000 acres as of this morning and only 5% contained, but it doesn't seem to be getting any closer to the west side of Redding.  A couple of heartwarming stories: A firefighter rescued a lab stranded from the top of a car, fur singed, feet burned. Found the owner.  He and two other firefighters, after a 60-hr stint, went and bought toys for kids whose homes are gone.

There are two more fires in Mendocino County, about 3 hrs south of us.  The fire in SoCal is from arson.  A guy was throwing out out the window of his car and started 9 fires.  I hope he never again sees the light of day again.

Is anybody else jealous of how fast Jay walks???

Falconfixer - The Hub played in the minors in the Braves system, so I had to look up the Biscuits.  Great logo!

It took me most of the day to figure out why my love handles are sore.  Must be from my vigorous arm swinging during my walk yesterday. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'm glad you're okay, Tammy.

I hope you get your issues worked out, Holly,

I went 6 miles after church.  Then I went to watch a couple granddaughters play basketball.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

Geez, Tammy. Scary stuff. Thanks for checking in.

I guess Dave took my pep cuz I had an absolutely miserable no-sproink run today. Should've known those 7 miles of hills would do me in. That and got out late and stayed up too late last night, yadda, yadda, yadda and I had a carpy run. Goal was 18 miles, but stopped at 13.2 and DH picked me up on his motorcycle for the short ride home. Drank 32 oz of Nuun and water and still was down 4.5 lbs. Temps were in the 70's when I left and 80° when I finished. Oy. I think tomorrow will be a rest day.

Hope the home front settles down soon, Holly. Hang in there.

SteveP

That's outstanding, Jay.

Tammy, you have a fantastic heart.

(((((Holly)))))

Is anybody else jealous of how fast Jay walks???

Hell to the yeah!

Tag and I went out for 4 miles before Dad got up. I love the AM wild life.

We saw a herd of baby turkeys on the way to the trail. Tag was extremely interested in them.

There were two fawns just up the road.

The dog begged me to let him out of the truck for just a little bit.

SteveP