Masters Running

Thursday, 11.10.16 (Read 30 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I've been absent because I've been taking time off to try to let my hamstring heal, and also because I've been wicked busy. I've been doing wrap-ups from our 5K (which was on Oct. 29); helping with next steps on our road race series (our 5K was the last of the 8 races, so now we have to finalize the scoring and order and deliver awards); finishing final prep for the Seacoast Half Marathon, which is this Sunday; being interviewed about "living shorelines;" and preparing to present our conservation commission's proposed 2017 budget to the town's budget committee tonight. Some of you may remember how much 'fun' I've at at the BudCom meetings in the past. I thought I was done with that when I refused to be reappointed as Chair of the conservation commission earlier this year. But the new chairwoman can't make tonight, so as vice chair, I'm lucky enough to get to fill in for her. Yeah, lucky.

I went out for an easy, test workout this morning. After 1 mile of easy racewalking, my hamstring said it didn't want to do any more of that. So I walked 'normally' for the next 2+ miles, and did some easy stretching and lots of rolling when I got back. So I'm guessing it'll be at least another week before I can get back to regular workouts. So it goes...

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

I ran 3 this morning. 34° and sunny where I live, but heavy fog over in the park where I went running.  I drove over a hill to the park and saw the dense fog in the valley below. Always a cool thing to see.

Picked up a new pair of shoes yesterday so I just had sneak in a quick 5 mile test run between meetings this morning plus not much time after I get out of work and yoga class for a run. Jay, hope that hamstring straightens out quickly for you. Have a fantastic day!

Clark

Jay - I think you need more activities on your plate. 

I'm alive.  Still running.  Yesterday did my first speed work in a long time - 2 tempo miles.  It was actually fun!

Not a whole heck of a lot going on.  Still buried at work.  Can't wait 'til December 31 at 11:59 p.m. - the deadline for turning in applications to cultivate medical  MJ.  We can then all breath a little easier.  I think the staff that's been working on it here and all the 3rd party providers need to have a party that begins at 12:00 a.m. January 1, 2017.

Okay - Back to it.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

40-min PoolRun, with bbelt, closed fists, run in shallows-push against water

back

in knoxville a while more

...........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

5 mile morning run for me - it was nice to have the sun shine brightly today!!

heal up Jay!!

denise

Mariposai

I ran 7 miles under a gorgeous sunny sky.

Feeling like I want to run again Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai glad to hear you have your running mojo back!

coastwalker welcome back!

tomwhite how do you pool run? My head would explode.

stumpy77 I think coastwalker's dinner parties are rather unique. Judging from my FB feed civil and political do not belong together in same sentence this week.

Dave59 yes, life goes on. People should remember that.

Mike E try to at least make it 4 full weeks. Better yet, 6. Your future self will thank you for it.

runr_nut my DW keeps saying she needs to start doing yoga. I hope it does you good.

evanflein you have not used the TM of late and I have because relative to you I am a total weather wimp! I cannot believe 20° already where you are!

I spent the day helping my DW and SIL handle Baxter at the USDAA nationals. Yesterday the little guy did not do so well and was eliminated in his first competition. Today he did really well in the two events he was entered in. The way to think of this is like a track meet for dogs. At a track meet you have running, hurdles, shot put, etc. Same here. Different types of agility courses. Some single and some team events. Yesterday Baxter was in a single event. Today it was two different team events. Tomorrow is another couple of team events and Saturday is another single one. Sunday is the finals if he or his teams get that far.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

I ran 3 this morning. 34° and sunny where I live, but heavy fog over in the park where I went running.  I drove over a hill to the park and saw the dense fog in the valley below. Always a cool thing to see.

We get that here with the river area - it will be sunny a few blocks in but dense fog at the river - pretty cool.

7 miles on the TM for me on Thursday, mixing it up with 1- and 2-minute intervals, not too fast, but faster than I have been running in some time.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."