Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 08/15/2010 (Read 500 times)

Message at church last week was about male/female relationships.  Our pastor said "women are like waves", and I told my husband he'd better learn to surf!

Now that's funny!  Good one, Carol!

Joe - I wear a size 10.5 in Mizunos.  I'm still in need of another pair of road and a pair of trail shoes.  Thanks!   Ooh, and I've had my eye on these cute little sandals . . . .

BM - Yeah, probably not the best initials to go with.   And Cindy, I'm trying to think of some signs, but I'm coming up blank!

So got in my longest ever treadmill run this morning.  Got up at 4:30 and put in 2:40 = 15 miles, including some "climbing," then I did about 15 min of core work.  I was the first person in the fitness room, so I commandeered the only big fan.  Heh, heh.  It wasn't horrible running on The Mill, but it wasn't fun either. Such is life, though, and I got it done.  Now I just need to fit in 10 more somewhere. (Well, actually 15, but I'm thinking it's gonna only be 10.)

So got a phone call this morning from The Hub.  He got in a car accident last night.  In town, there's a sort of sharp corner going from Broadway to 5th Street.  The guy in the lane next to him (3-lane road) came over into his lane.  The Hub, trying to not him, ended up hitting the meridian, then bounced across the 3 lanes and hit the sidewalk on the other side.  Airbags deployed and everything.  He's not seriously hurt, but he's sore.  From the damage he described, I'm pretty sure they'll end up totaling my poor car.   I love that little car.  A 1999 Nissan Altima.  Almost 110,000 miles on it.  I probably could've gotten another 100,000 out of it easy.  Oh, and the guy who caused the accident?  Never stopped, so our insurance has to cover everything.

Okay - this ended up being a novel.  I gotta get cleaned up for the reception.  Have a safe and happy weekend, friends.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

Leslie- I'm glad your hubs ok. As my dear Hungarian neighbor would say " dot rally soxs " . . Don't worry about your car, as soon as I get my $12.8 million, I'll replace it for you. Nice going as a hamster.

Cindy- I said it before -www.google.com. I see a bunch of short ones that will work for you.

Carol- hopped up eh? Way to go on your 6er. Seems like I finally got outside,and everyone else is hitting the tm's.

Ev- watch it pal, they'll be thinking that we got some kind of bromance going. What size shoe do you wear?

Nice 10er in IRC in 80*, no humidittity. Hit the hills pretty well. The last mile has the biggest and badest uphill (for around here) and that was my fastest.

Good weekend to ya's

Leslie.........so glad the Hub is ok

Joe......would I have to call you LMJ???   You're right, no couldn't have that....!    I have been looking at the asics kayano 15 on sale at roadrunnr sports.  But maybe now I can upgrade to the newr kayano 16s.  Size 11......red/white.....thank you so much.    I feel like a little kid sitting on Santa's lap.

OK.....going out for a 3spot.

MTA...OK....back from the 3 milr.  As Carol would say, easy threesy.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Queen of 3rd Place

You guys are all nuts! I needed a smile.

Working hard this weekend to make sure things are a go for Monday, we moved our little Biology department (only 2 of us are full-time) - and the new building has some tech glitches.So - back to work! Like OM says, "breathe"...

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Ex runner

Bromance.  Heh heh heh . . .

Oops, gotta go . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hey evryone!

Another easy threesy this morning. 

Yestrday late evening LMD and I went for a 3 mile walk.  It's been awhile since we went out togethr. 

Enjoy the backside of this weekend.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

Vry Nice Ev! Wrkin on enjoyin the "back end of the wkns" - slept in followed by 6 lovely trail miles w/Mairead (Doug was out there somewhere for 11), a dip in the lake (trading sweaty funk for fish funk), a shower, cold beers & spicy fajitas! Maybe need to go walkabout the Scottish festival in the "backyard" Wink
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Mtn....looks like you sure did enjoy today.  You Coloradians know just how to do it.

Just back from a 3 mile walk with LMD.  That's two days in a row and we're a likin' it.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Ooh, I better post quick before this thread expires!

Had a lovely 7.15 mile run today, the first 5 miles on my own and just under a 10 minute pace, which is nice and speedy for me, considering I kept it up for the entire time. Then my running partner met me midroute in the park and I finished at her more relaxed pace. I suppose someday I'll have speed. Or not. Either way, the run felt great, including the final cool-down miles. Funny, if I were to run that slowly after doing the majority of the run faster while on my own, I'd be beating myself up for slacking off, or not having the gusto to keep going so strong. But when I acclimate to another's (slower) pace, the pressure's off. Maybe that's why my running's been so strong lately? Because I'm finally allowing myself to run slower without feeling guilty for it? Maybe. Who knows. All I do know is that I finished out a 40+ mile week today (totally an anomaly for me) and I don't feel fatigued by it at all.

OK, now we can move on...
                      R2Farm...........anybody heard from Jim?

OM, congrats on a great running week!  And let me know if I need to come and slow you down Smile

Nice 3's ev.  Glad you are avoiding the treadmill. 

Cindy, I'm confused.  Was it you, Mairead, or Doug in the lake?

Arla, can't believe it's almost back to school time.  I'm sure you can't either.

Joe, glad you are off the hamster wheel

And our queen hamster this week is Leslie.  Glad it's the car that's totalled and not your husband!

Hey Stumpy, and anyone else I'm missing.

Yeah, what happened to R2, and Jewels???  Hope all is well.

100's here still, just downloaded a podiobook for the treadmill in the morning.  Hope it's good.

Progress Trumps Pefection