Masters Running

Yikes! Can't afford a fine after busting two cars this weekend... Delaware is a FINE state! Just a 10 miler, ma'am (Read 330 times)

arf

MM #405

Rose, hilarious RR and great race girl! I'm still laughing about all the car troubles Big grin In about 10 years or so, R.S. will laugh too, (maybe). ..and a race, soft pretzels and beer all before 10:00 a.m. sounds like an excellent morning to me Wink Glad you had so much fun. arf
      Great RR! Nice running! The blues....Ray can play the blues? I love the blues. But the blues have got to be at least Half Empty!!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Skinny, maybe, but I don't know about sober--drinking beer at 10am after a long run doesn't sound like a recipe for sobriety. Wink very interesting day, with a good race thrown in for good measure! Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

....I'm still laughing at ''The Glass is OverFlowing''....... ....Great RR Rose........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

The Jogger

Well, when you write a report you certainly have lots of eventful stuff to put in it, that was a real nice story Rose, well don to you and RS My favourite bit was recalling all your blessings over the weekend. Easy to forget. Nice One Roy
            huskydon

Now, that was a report! Overflowing with priceless commentary and color! Thanks for sharing! Write more often! huskydon
                Hey, Rose, my fren - Great report! We thought about you and RS last night when we we passed La Dolce Vita cafe in Frederick http://ladolcevitacafe.net/ Next time you'll catch Miss Purple Shirt with Fuel Belt. Lou

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

great job and fantastic report, Rose/Barb! I can see you know how to appreciate fine things like...people and events and ignore meaningless things like 'flat tires'...Smile Your glass will always be more than half full.
                    Hey, Rose, my fren - Great report! We thought about you and RS last night when we we passed La Dolce Vita cafe in Frederick http://ladolcevitacafe.net/ Next time you'll catch Miss Purple Shirt with Fuel Belt. Lou
                    Heh heh. Lou. I mixed up my languages when I took my Running Ahead name... my name should be LaVidaDulce (Spanish) or LaDolceVita (Italian) I messed up. I think we should meet at that café some time! Hey, everyone, thanks again for your support here. RA rawks!
                    LaVita

Marathon Maniac #957

This is a report to be savored.... Smile Yes, I do believe I have a bobble-head, but I suspect I had it long before now... Big grin What fun, Rose, and great job keeping the bright side of the little hand-ups...great race and report!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I've been hoping to get to run with you for in a west coast state sometime but now I just want a ride to the start. you don't get lost do you?. ps - tell rs he wasn't undertrained for the race, he was just undertained and under-the-weather to run fast.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Great report Rosie! I enjoyed every word! So suspenseful and a very nice ending! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Fabulous report and I laughed, grinned, cheered---and worried---I drive a blue Honda Civic with a runnergirl sticker on it----it's a 2006 though. I have been so far behind in reading race reports and saved this one for when I had time---I am so glad. Nice running and it's clear you had a great time. Very cool about rbbmoose and his band too. A fine report indeed. CNYrunner/Karin
                              Thanks for this fun report. Your glass getting fuller by the "event" says much about you and your personality. Thanks for sharing that with us. You never will have a bad race, simply because in your world they don't exist. This is meant as a compliment. I am glad all of you had such a great day. Thanks again for this report. Congratulations!! Joey
                              Vista