Masters Running

Saturday run, life and party reports (Read 43 times)

lamerunner it only looks that good because I cannot type! I should have typed 1:37:50 for my prior HM.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I should have typed 1:37:50 for my prior HM.

thanks ski mom, 'cause I try my best to relate to all the real running around here

but such nonchalance over ten minutes left me speechless, or typeless.

i used to love all the pre-season preparations as the peaks were turning white:. .

grease ski boots, long thongs, experimenting/melting different wax combinations,

pine tar xc skis, tighten/secure bamboo pole baskets, etc..

blue might be the first runner to MM and HF in consecutive weekends.

no particular reason but do you have two ultras planned for Thanksgiving or someting?

speaking of doubles, back-to-backs, etc. almost forgot that I like the 4-miler so much

this morning I did it again this afternoon before it started raining again.

I found out from NPR today that I'm among the 6% in the nation who............. (answer tomorrow)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

I know I'm late to the party, but *wow*, Holly.  What a photo.

Been a busy few days since I broke myself by getting off my bike on the wrong side.  I went whimpering back to see Chiro-san.  But now I will call him Chiro-sama, because he worked miracles.  Two excruciating sessions on his table doing ART work and I was able to walk straight  without a limp by Friday morning.  And he cleared me to ride with my mom this weekend!

So, I came on down here to the LA area and she and I rode the Tour de Foothills metric century together and I am delighted to say that I feel better *after* the ride than before.  I might even try a very light run tomorrow.

I am so very, very happy to have been able to 1) spend these wonderful hours with my mom on a bike (she got both knees replaced this spring and is doing *great*) and 2) walk afterward.

And you had better believe that I got off the bike on the left side every. single. time.

evanflein

How awesome that you got to ride with Mustang Mom, Sal! That's so cool that your hip/butt felt good enough to do that, and better afterward. I hope it continues to improve. Say hi to you Mom for me!

Lamerunner, I remember your beautiful cats. They couldn't possibly do something so churlish as to puke on the good carpet... like my cats. Why, oh why, don't cat food makers create varieties colored to match your carpet?? Glad you're able to get out for runs still. Winter is here for us, and soon for you!

I got out for about 10k on the snowy bike path today. The trip down was fine, the trip back up was nothing short of hard. And then I doubled back to the next road for another mile. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. This week's mileage is going to suck. Oh well.

New skirt in town

I once saw someone with a "0.062" bumper sticker on their car, which had me stumped for a minute until I realized it was a 100m race!  I absolutely loved it.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Marathon Maniac #957

I am so very, very happy to have been able to 1) spend these wonderful hours with my mom on a bike (she got both knees replaced this spring and is doing *great*) and 2) walk afterward.

Very cool.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."