Masters Running

A Flatlander runs the Hills - a Boston RR (Read 487 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh, I am so happy for you Byll!    You were smart with your planning and you stuck to it too!   How fun to have had the chance to meet so many friends too.   Time to look ahead to Bayshore .... when you are ready that is.

Congratulations!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Man, what excellent race execution!  It's impressive to do so on your first Boston.  Congratulations on a job very well done!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write up the report.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

Bregarcito...please know that as you ran this race...I was running with you too......I have followed your training, BQing and racing so closely...because you are the essence of us "mere wanna be fast mortals"...and you showed us all...that WE can do it too...

Thanks for the details on your race report...I needed that..since my wings were tired for cheering you on on those long 26.2 miles. What a great adventure you have..thank you for taking the time to write it all up for us...

Congrats... and...............please know that...

.... you will always be my "BQBYLL from this day forward.

Great job young man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now...please consider to come to run an easy race at the Red woods forest next May...OK???? my wings shall lead the way...hahhahhhhhhhhh

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Like at Columbus, I just ran and didn’t look at my time.  I’ve become convinced that the way to run a good marathon is to let the pace for the day come to you rather than to force a pace on the day.  Proper pacing is critical.  Not looking at the time helps me with this.

I am intrigued by this.  Many times during my long runs I won't look at the watch, just run by feel.  But I guess I'm such a data junkie that I can't help myself during the races.  I've often heard the phrase, "Let the pace come to you."

But nevr really put that into practice on race day.

Thanks for this piece of advice, Bill.  I may have to contemplate it into my racing.

Nice racing BTW! Thanks for the RR.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            What a joy to read your RR!  Congratulations on such a well-run race, and thanks for sharing your story so beautifully that it feels almost as if we were there with you.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Congratulations, Bill!  I am so very happy for you!!!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Awesome job Byll!  Congrats on finishing your 1st Boston in style.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Very nice,  way to go Bill!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Congrats Bill!  You ran a strong and smart race...I think even splits in Boston a pretty much the same as negative in just about any other marathon.  Holding back in the beginning is tough (glad you could).

I didn't get a chance to meet at Holly's...next time.   Btw, I'll gladly keep our hills and let you keep your heat!

-2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                    also on Twitter

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly called me a Sandbagger a few times but I still like her anyway. 

Byll - I don’t believe that I forgot your book AGAIN!   Please, send me an e-mail with your mailing address again and I will get it out to you this week.

You did a beautiful job of this race, and those hills absolutely did not get the best of you.  I am so glad your hamstring didn't prove to be a problem as well.  It was a joy to see you and Debbie again nad I truly hope we can do it again soon. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."