Masters Running

Saturday, day, daily - 1.26.13 (Read 48 times)

Congratulations Henrun and wish Marge the best in her Half tomorrow, I'll be thinking of her during my long run.

5 Miles easy for me this morning - 48:06 (9:38) - cold at 7 degrees but no wind made it feel much warmer.

Saved the legs for my 17 miler tomorrow on a hilly course. I will be doing 7 early then meeting up with the group to run the Mid Winter 10 Miler Course in preparation for the race next weekend. I hope the wind hold off tomorrow as I already know it will be chilly (how's that Erika) at 6:45 when I hope to start.

Hey Stumpy I forgot to mention I've met you too, on the way to packet pickup a number of years ago on the train in Boston right?

Go Racers!

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Jay, don't scary critters come out when it's dark? I stay close to Dad cause he is a scaredy baby.

Your DH is a nice people Mari.

Isn't poolrunning like a big big bath?? Yuck!

How are the kids Tallrunner???

Get well Holly, you can always chase critters when it is warm and more are out.

Me and Dad have not gone run run run since it was Tuesday. Dad sometimes gets on his eclipsacle machine. His arms go back and forth all crazy and his legs go kind of run run run but he doesn't get anywhere. It's dumb dumb dumb. Mom said I'm being difficult. We heard when it was last night that there was a run run run for dogs today. It did not cost any money and Dad was all over it! I don't know what money is but I was all over it too!!!

There were a whole lots of dogs! There were nice people and even some kids! I met lots of nice doggies.

This one looked like a big big squeaky toy!

I don't know him.

Only some of us went run run run. When me and Dad were done..We went some more!!! I got lots of treats and lots of people were nice to me and I got to smell lots and lots of butts.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

3.5 trail miles, about 40F, a bit of rain, lots of humidity.

Going to Arizona in February for some sunshine and dryness.  Just me and the kids as DH moved out about 3 weeks ago, this was entirely his idea, I am still in shock, sad, angry and confused.   Sad    Friends and family also shocked.  He wants me to be patient while he takes up to a year to decide what he wants.  Not sure I have that much patience, but what can I do?   I am sllowly getting back on my feet and hopefully I can start running more regularly now.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Just me and the kids as DH moved out about 3 weeks ago, this was entirely his idea, I am still in shock, sad, angry and confused.   Sad    Friends and family also shocked.  He wants me to be patient while he takes up to a year to decide what he wants.  Not sure I have that much patience, but what can I do?  

Oh, Enke, what a tough thing for you and your children!  You're supposed to be patient while he takes up to a YEAR to decide?  And you are expected to wait for him and his decision?  A year down the road you might be happily married to someone else!  Sorry you have to go through this difficult time, though.  {{{hugs}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

I'm so sorry Enkie...Talking with others has been a huge help for me. Using prayer and medication meditation has helped as well.

SteveP

TammyinGP

wow, Enke. I'm so sorry. He wants YOU to wait a year? no way girlie! you can't just put your life on hold and keep your emotions neutral until HE decides if wants to rejoin his family or not. he's made his choice. i know you didn't ask for any advice or input, but this just ticks me off to no end.

just returned from 11.3 miles. mostly running in the sun, but had one cloud that followed me for about a mile. now it's really coming down though. glad I finished up when I did.

still gotta do my planks today! I better do those before we go out for mexican food though. I might not feel like moving afterwards!

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm so sorry to hear that, Enke.  Sending hugs your way.  Hope you have a good trip to AZ.

Mike, nice more-miles-than-degrees run with your friends!

I did an 18.18 mile trail run today in IRC, 45F and overcast.  I ran in shorts.  It started to snow as I was driving home.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

enkephalin I am so sorry to hear this.  There is nothing else I can really say.  But, I will third or fourth the implicit idea that if he wants a year you should go on with your life and feel free to let other relationships develop as they may.  You deserve more than to be a "woman in waiting" until he figures out what he plans to do.

My DW and I are back from kind of a bummer of a trip.  I was out in Jackson Hole for a conference and we then extended past that a few days.  The snow was not great.  They have not had a real dump since early December I think.  Many runs were closed.  The open ones were hard pack.  Then on the last conference day a good friend of ours got hurt.  My DW was tumbling uncontrollably down a very steep slope.  Our friend tried to stop her fall.  He had no affect on her fall and ended up with a ruptured Achilles tendon.  For various reasons the doctors do not want to operate so he is looking at 6 months in a cast of one sort or another.  My DW is fine.  What our friend did, out of the best of motives, was dumb, dumb, dumb.  Never try to stop a falling skier.  If they are going slow enough for you to stop them they will soon stop on their own.  If not, you will just make maters worse.  Instead of having one person in danger there will now be two.  Worse, you may now have two bodies, sets of skis and now boots that can potentially collide with some vital part of the body.  Just let the falling person go and pray.  Hard, but the best for all involved.

That is it for me on the depressing post front.  Now, all quiet on the Alaska front, it was 18° this morning when I planned to run.  That is at least 2 below my head for the TM threshold.  So, I headed for the TM for 6.35 incredibly dull miles.  I did get through another episode plus of this past season's So You Think You Can Dance, for what that was worth!  Even blowing through all of the commercials and other time killers in the show cannot make a TM run go as fast as one outside.  But my hands were warm the whole time!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Enke, I'm so sorry...My coach just e-mailed me yesterday that him and his DW just split too...very sad  Sad

5.25 miles this morning...long run on tap for tomorrow...how long, I'm not sure yet...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Thanks all for your concern.  It was really hard for me to post something so personal, but I didn't feel like I could still be posting runs pretending that my life wasn't turned upside down.  And I am not going to wait around.  I think what he meant was, no decision about divorce until a year has passed.  He has shown no interest in counseling, and unless he states some interest in trying to work thing out, and soon, I will start moving on with my life, and start dating.  F seeking M, age 47-58, preferrably a runner.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

arf

MM #405

I'm sad you have to go through this Erika.  Re:  ' No decision about divorce until a year has passed'  ??   that's cruel and unfair to you and the kids.  Sounds like he doesn't know what he wants and he's dragging the family along with him.  I agree with Twocat, go on with your life...it's short.  

evanflein

Ummm.... no... that's Enke, not me! Let's keep that part straight as DH and I are 100% happily committed... Unfortunately it's Enke who is going thru this now. (don't feel bad, lots of folks around here get Enke and Erika confused for whatever reason....)

Marathon Maniac #957

Arf - hi!

Twocat - sorry about your friend, but I am glad your DW was okay.  Ski accidents can be terrible.

Tag - thanks for the smile.....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."