Masters Running

Tuesday Nov 17th Runs and Things (Read 634 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Leslie, I like your new avatar!  Glad you survived your run in the rain.

Jeanne, glad to hear Baby Will is doing well and that you got to babysit.

Tramps, I could mail some snow to Philly for you, if you'd like.

I went for a 5 mile RAL around the golf course. The paths are snowier than the sidewalks, but nicer scenery. Beautiful day out there, 52° and sunny.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Lots of fast runnin goin on around here today

Not for me though,  3.5 in  30:40 ish and 8:45 ish pace which seems to be in my easy catagory lately.

400m Intervals for me tomorrow. I am looking forward to them for some unknown reason.

Good runs

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

jlynne, I'm glad to hear Will is doing well.

Nice long runs for mari, dg, bike, fatozzig, henrun, and marj.  Good job on the speedwork for holly.

This morning it was in the low 30s with a light breeze.  I got in 8 miles in a little under 1:19 for a 9:51 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

And boy howdy

Love that expression! Does that mean like "holy shi$?"

Hey dg - welcome back. You were missed!

Laurie, hope you find your missing running mojo. These nice days will be coming to an end too soon - gotta take advantage of 'em while they're still around.

SteveP

Holly's post is getting me all fired up for the Christmas season.

How Batman Saved Christmas

Nono, 20% of our household is fine with sunflower seeds and dogfood.

How did hunting go Hallar????Never mind...I just saw on Monday's post..There are deer up here that get in our garden. At least one of them is mean.

The AM, Tag and I went out the door around 4:00 AM to look for shooting stars whilre getting a run in. A simple two mile out and back. On the "back" Tag pulled loose and started yelling "Tiny Bunny Yummy!!!" I yelled in reply, "Good bunnies went night night". But he did listen. He came back with half a dozen quills in his chin, and said, "Bunny Bad". The quills were small and came out easily. I doubt if he learned anything. He gets that from my side. We saw four shooting stars. When DW got up, she asked if I made four wishes. I told her that a long time ago, I made a wish and she came true....Except in my wish, she as nekid.

After work Tag and I put in another 4 miles. Running is starting to pay off. I found a dollar. 8,963.7 more runs like that, I'll have broken even. over the last 32 years...Maybe it's been 33...I'm old and forget...what?...Oh.......where's my glasses?

SteveP

Love that expression! Does that mean like "holy shi$?"

In some circles!

SteveP - I just read your posts and chuckle.

Carolyn - Mizz Goat posed quite well for the photo.  She may have a future in livestock magazines as a model.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

No running for my wings today... nada (don't tell coach that), but a lot of walking in Manhattan...maybe tomorrow I will run...maybe not. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Ya Steve I may take another shot at em this weekend

Nice to spend a day in the woods anyway. A back to nature day is always good for the attitude.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

5 miles at 9:00/mi tempo pace early this morning.

I love hearing  baby Will stories (though I'm sorry he scared poor gramma).  Anyway - keep 'em coming.

Aw - sorry about that Tramps.  I know that heat and Tramps just don't make a good combination.  When I ran Philly in 2005 - it was darn cold.  And so it ought to be this time of year.

Just got back from 40 cent wing night at the new Buffalo Wild Wings.  Gotta love hot wings at a great price. They've got decent beer too, so we're hooked.

Had to laugh a bit about poor Tag.  BeerDog got loose on Sunday for the second time in the last 3 months.  (It had been 4 years before that).  I got her back with promises of "Treat!  Treat!".  She generally is horrible at listening to us, and I'm always afraid she'll go after some poor hapless itty-bitty dog in the neighborhood. She's good with people but terrorizes other dogs - although she's never actually hurt one. She just likes to bark and act like a complete moron, causing us maximum embarrassment.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Aw - sorry about that Tramps.  I know that heat and Tramps just don't make a good combination.  When I ran Philly in 2005 - it was darn cold.  And so it ought to be this time of year.

Hey!  I was there!  Remember? And it sure was chilly.  And remember?  jdmom won the masters division?  2:49, I think.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Nono....as I will be thinking about Ya too, really. I am getting very excited about my Marathon this Sat.....that I get to race. Soooo very happy that the forcast is for the the low to be around 40 degrees, with the high at 55.....and sunny (perfect I think)-----6.8 easy miles tonight with my last longer workout tomorrrow night......well not my last (grins) But I am feeling super great and ready to" race" a Marathon. I have a time in mind which I won't tell till after the race, but I am very very excited.....so much so-------TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

........ so will post 6.2 miles at a 9:44 pace this morning.   

...hi guys//............just wanted to Congratulate dg

on some Superior Running and consistent training........

if you're enjoying it, you're doing it right............

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....