Masters Running

Hopping Thursday Runs (Read 490 times)

dg.

Jeanne, I'm with you.  It never was news worth hearing. 

Sarge, thanks... how is your DW?

Jeanne & Sue.. thanks for the words of caution, I do need to hear them.  I'm right at that point... you know?  It has been steadily improving until just lately, & now it's hard to know what I should do.  I did take an extra day off last week.  I agree about the hills Sue.. It was just the only thing I could do right around home in the time I had.  But that still doesn't mean it was smart.   I'll take you 2 with me in the morning, ok?  Then we can sit in the whirlpool, & go out to breakfast & review our training plans.  Smile

Mary, I love that picture!

Carolyn, what is going on with you?   I've been trying to catch up, read 2 dailies tonight, but still haven't found where you said what is wrong. 

TomS 7F?   ugh.  It was 12 here when I woke up, & so that I'll at least get some credit, (Wink) the wind chill was 4 when I decided I'd go out.  The good thing was it wasn't very windy.  Pretty cold though.  14 when I got home.  I was ok except for my nose & hands.     thanks, it went pretty well.    I hope everything goes well tomorrow!   And nice run today.   So far I've managed 2 whole miles on the TM. 

I ended up doing just under 4, (3.88)(no matter how many times I mapped my run)... at about a 10 min. pace.   thought I did 4, & would have,  but my stooopid foot pod still isn't working.  It's been intermittent for a while now.  I think it was ok, tried to be careful on the hills.  they're not big hills.   I do think I need to do them. I couldn't for a long time because of my hamstrings, and so now I'm trying to work back into them gradually.   So, I hope I can my knee to settle down again.  I think tomorrow I'll do the gym again, & see how the track works in the opposite direction.,   & a little on the TM.  No beige cement walls, so I should not complain. 

Tammy, how was your DS's birthday?   Sorry if you posted about it & I missed it. 

Denise, get better.  (((( ))))

wildchild

Carolyn

Carolyn, what is going on with you?   I've been trying to catch up, read 2 dailies tonight, but still haven't found where you said what is wrong. 

I'm not sure exactly. My left shin hurts, about 5 inches above the ankle, on the inside front of my shin. There's point tenderness if I push on one point on the tibia. Feels like a bruise, but it's not discolored.  It mostly only hurts when I run, not when I walk. I'm worried that it could be a stress fracture, but I don't run fast or do lots of miles so I don't think it's from overtraining.  DH said it could be tibial fasciitis.  Anyway, I'm gonna reduce my running for a bit and see if it resolves, and if not, I'll go see a doc.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

I am glad to see that  our sweet dg asked the question. I was wondering the same about Carolyn's leg issue. I hope it is not a SF...a shin splint maybe? how is your stride, your landing and have you done too many hills in the last two weeks? Take it easy for a few days. I know you run hills a lot...can you run in a flat surface for awhile to see if there is a difference? Does ti bother you when you run slow???

butterfly hugs to you my dahlling sistahh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Hang in there Bill

I agree Slo

There more to having a good time than making good time.

(((((Denise))))) get well soon

Thanks for the picture Mary!!!!

Good luck towards your wife's surgury TomS.

Hopefully you get unrutted soon Erika.

The dog and I went out on some trails after 6:30...Way dark...Howver, the stars that poked out of the clouds were slose enough to touch. I'll check the distance later.

SteveP