Masters Running

Monday 7-10-17 Jay-less Daily (Read 34 times)

Mariposai

I'm hunting for a bike helmet.  Hmmmm...

YES!!! That one!!!

A quick post here since my hat and I need to go for a walk break . It has been a long day at work.

Yesterday I did my first speed work since prior to running the Boston Marathon in 2015, yeah, I know, I know, no wonder why I have become so slow lately. Anyway, 4x800 at 8:45 (just think that is my BQ pace Sad). It was a tough workout, but it is a start.

Ok, off hat and I go for an afternoon walk.

Later,

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

catwhoorg

Labrat

Catwhoorg--that's a lot of races in a little time! Mine went as far back as '97, I think.

I'm hunting for a bike helmet.  Hmmmm...

A bunch of them were included in Atlanta Track Club membership

DD has a Raskullz helmet, but she literally just outgrew it. Her new one is basically a whiteboard, and she colors/decorates with whatever she feels like.

20 on the bike after work, in my boring black helmet

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Marathon Maniac #957

Tramps - well done!

{{{Roch}}} - both on the terrible accident and the friend who passed.....

{{{C-R and family}}} - we went through that a couple of months ago with the sudden sickening and death of our younger dog, Daisy.  We were so sad, we ended up with Rosie, who has added much joy to the household.

Image may contain: cat

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Rosie is bigger now, of course, 5 months now.  Here she is watching DD's lacrosse game with grandma.

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

spacityrunner

Our sheltie Cody was feeling a bit sluggish yesterday and had a couple of barf episodes. Nothing out of the ordinary or so I thought. He wakes me up at 5 this morning with some odd coughing. Go to check on him and he's barely responsive. Vet opens at 6. Get him comfortable, sit with him for a bit and go to grab a quick shower. Come back downstairs and he passed. Not sure what happened. We've had him for 5 years and he was a rescue from an abusive home so no real history. That dog was devoted to my wife but was scared of males so in the five years he let me pet him only a few times but he had spirit and was fun. I'm sad to have him go but he had several years with a family that loved him and where he was safe. Sad Monday

Norm, very sad indeed.  Healing hugs to you and yours.  I'm sure my Gabbi is waiting on the other side for your pup...they will chase each other and have tons of fun.

nothing for me today...just wanted to reach out to C-R

Trails Rock!

flats

turtle runner eximious

8 miles, 3@MP, and the last mile at 5k pace. Honestly, I don't have a 5k pace, I just ran as fast as I could

Michael

evanflein

I don't have anything either, it was a pretty icky day weather-wise today. Rain all day, grey and dreary. I didn't feel like running anyway.

Norm, so sorry about Cody. Our furry friends sure can make their way into our hearts. Hugs to you, and your wife and kids.