Masters Running

Thursday Goal Thread (Read 278 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, anyone still setting goals?  I'm down a half lb from last week to 113 (which is still a half lb up from before my vacation).  My goal is to get to 111 before my marathon, if I can manage to get there and hold it through taper...

How about you?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I get totally frustrated looking at the scale because it can literally change anywhere from 1-3 lbs on a given day. On Tuesday I was up 3 lbs from last week, then I went down 2 lbs yesterday, then back up a pound today . . . and yet, my pants are fitting much looser than they did even two wks ago.  If I even eat anything remotely salty for dinner, I know my weight will be up the next day and last night I had one very small seasoned pork chop, so I knew my weight would be up, even though I bet I only consumed around 1200 cals yesterday AND I ran last night.  So it's really difficult to gauge what my TRUE weight is.

Tammy

dg.

me too!   I was 115.8 yesterday, which I was happy with.  A little less would be ok, but seeing the 15 part is new.  I did not overeat yesterday, & sort of thought today might be even better.  Nope. 117.  I'm having trouble keeping up with cooking, & last night had cole slaw & a lentil-rice salad from a local health food store, much saltier than things I usually eat.   Oh well.  I did have somebody yesterday say I'd better find my weight where ever I'd put it. Though we all know that doesn't mean much.  To be fair to myself, I am at a pretty good point for me, but still would like to be at 115 for the marathon.
        evanflein

Yeah, well, I officially hate taper. That last week before my race I watched my weight climb about a half pound to a pound each day! I was 4+ pounds heavier going into the race than the week before. Just water weight? Nah, 'fraid not. I dipped back down to 137 on Sunday (day after) even after a good recovery and dinner the night before. Then, Monday, boom... right back up to 141. Still there today. Rats. So... I'm the poster child on running an ultra and gaining weight. Starting the food journal thing again, but geez what a drag that is.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Very true with me too Tampster, about day to day fluctuations -----Last week I reported being up 8 pounds, but yet my pants and cloths were very loose and basically falling off of me....I have been double drying trying to shrink my jeans and shorts. Now today I weigh 6 pounds LESS than last Thurs (before running of course) which is a huge difference. But I have really picked up my running mileage and speed work, and it has been really super Hot and Humid out when I run in the evenings. So I wonder about plain water loss sometimes compared to hydration needs in those conditions. -----You know how people say "joking" that they are one flu away from their goal weight.....I think we as runners could say "we are one - very hot - steamy - humid run away from our goal weight" as I lost 4 pounds alone last night on my run. I was soooo hot at mile 3 that I had to stop and cool off, and left a HUGE puddle of sweat where I was standing as it was beading off my Hawt - glistening - shirtless body (grins) Then I felt the cooling affect finishing my 8 miler....but sure had the squishy shoes -----Ok, I digress (how's this Tammy, for long jumbled paragraph) LOL. ------TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I forgot to weigh this morning, but I'm sure I'm still around 144.  I was keeping a food diary, then it all went to heck last week.  The diary, not my eating.  That's what I get for trying to keep it on 2 different computers.  I need to go back to caveman days and carry around a small notebook.

. . . . . .

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

I'm fairly certain those fries I had at lunch won't do me any good.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I guess it's a bit of a start-over for me--after 5 days in LA eating out all the time, I'm up 3+ lbs to 190 this morning.  Actually a little less than I was afraid of, as we ate VERY well.  Hopefully back to more normal diet and miles and it will come off quickly.  Still aiming for 185 or under.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

I mentioned this before, I think, but it's helpful to simply average out the daily weigh-ins to get past the day to day fluctuations. When I'm following my weight I use the Excel running log by David Hays.  It has a sheet to enter your daily weight and then it does a nice job of mapping it out, along with your "true" trend weight.

Be safe. Be kind.

#artbydmcbride

I guess it's a bit of a start-over for me--after 5 days in LA eating out all the time, I'm up 3+ lbs to 190 this morning.  Actually a little less than I was afraid of, as we ate VERY well.  Hopefully back to more normal diet and miles and it will come off quickly.  Still aiming for 185 or under.

You were in the Los Angeles area for 5 days!!!   

I'm not sure what my true gazelle weight is either, but the scale says I am down 2 pounds.  Smile

Runners run

evanflein

Uh oh... Stumpy's in trouble...

Renee the dog

126 -- going in the right direction again.  Would like to be at 120-122 for marathon...but we'll see.  Regardless, 126 is way better than 135ish, so I'll take it!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

SteveP

My goal is 180.

202 lbs today. DW, Tag and I went out for 1.5 miles durning the week. Going up a steep hill, DW grabbed my  shorts for extra help up. They slipped right down. The poor dog was embarrassed. I guess I'll be needing new cloths.

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

170.5, down a half of a pound.  I wanted more, but it's a step in the right direction.

Not at it at all. 

Still holding at 121, although my appetite has returned with a vengeance.  My goal is to try and hold it here and not gain those 4-5 pounds back, but we went apple picking the other day and I just took a fresh apple cobbler out of the oven. I also bought a half gallon of French vanilla ice cream. Oh-oh...
                              TammyinGP

yes, Steve, please get some new shorts and stop embarassing your dog like that

the only thing more humiliating for a dog then his masters pants falling down is wearing one of those doggy snuggies . . .

Tammy