Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 12.22.17 (Read 38 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I can't wait for things to slow down around here.  I went 8 miles after working all day and sneaking out to get Debbie one last present.  Then we went out to eat.  I'm wiped out and am going to bed.

See ya!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

a little change of pace from my usual lake loops.  https://www.relive.cc/view/g16405208062

Tonight we're off to Zoo lights.  Ought to be fun.  And tomorrow SIL2B and I are going out on a party boat to (hopefully) catch some fish.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

C-R, sorry to hear your daughter is struggling.  I think when kids have that bright mind but it doesn't seem to reflect likewise in grades, it is often cured by a different teaching style.   Not all kids respond the same to modes of teaching and when failing in one subject, a different teacher with a different approach in the same subject can makes the lightbulb go on and not only turn the grades around but make it enjoyable for the student as well. Hopefully, you can help ;her navigate the key to her success also. 

getting stuff ready for my early morning run. I haven't run this long on trails before (4+) hrs without aid stations, so a bit unsure of what I need to bring. I'll figure it out I suppose.

Tammy

1.2 treadmill, 30 minute spin, 30 minute body pump

Goodnight friends 😴😴

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

14 snowy trail miles with my Friday runfam. I love these women! It started out cold - 20a at the start but into the 40s at the end.  

Tammy, just take food and water, and extra layers if it's cold, and have fun!

My guests are all here and I'm looking forward to some nice family time, with games and puzzles and baking!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

SB's terrier shares the same name as tomwhite's DW... Hope both are ok (haven't had a tomwhite Pickles update in awhile).

I'm really still trying to get over that Tet said dickhead...

Holly, we stopped at the store on the way home to do some shopping and the parking lot was so full we said nope, not gonna happen. Got gas and went home.

Didn't get out when I wanted to (does it ever work that way?) but was out by 3:45, the paths were all plowed and the temps weren't too bad at all. Caught the last of the daylight to do the out-and-back section with no lights, then back to the main road to run on the bikepath and end up at DH's office to grab the truck for the ride back to my office. 6.3 miles total, around 8:25 avg pace and very icy eyelashes at the end!

Norm- college is a huge adjustment.  Will the school help with some accommodations?  I’m sure she is frustrated, too.  My really bright niece struggled terribly at Penn State engineering her first year and had a really low GPA, but wound up pulling it out successfully and is now doing great in her career as a civil engineer.   Fingers crossed for your daughter.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

...erika//..........thanks for naming the Dog after my Wife.......

Pickles numbers are Up, but still in the ''Don't Panic'' Range

off to Knoxville

...............Merry Christmas guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....