Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E DEC 7TH (Read 382 times)

Only a week late Tongue Dark Horse-27 miles+200 situps and pushups+30wrist,arm and leg curls+30lats and squats...phew!! dg-23.3 miles+3 walking+20min bike+53:04 elliptical+2:55 core/str...solid as a rock I bet Dutchie-14.8K + 39K biking...great evanflein-30.1 miles + 3.2 walking +2.5 elliptical +1:15 poolrunning+2Xstr/core...excellent eliz-10.1 miles +2.7 walking evryday-27 miles...good goin' fatozzig-17 miles + 1 hr str/core...sweet lyndenrunner-33.1 miles...bleah!! nowor-16.5 miles + turkey devouring and resting pfriese-33.8 miles...nice recovery week tetsujin-40.2 miles...we interrupt this tapering for some serious running
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:05 Tue-Off Wed-8@7:49 Thur-Off Fri-4@8:03 Sat-7@7:34 Sun-Off Total=24 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks Lyndenrunner! Mon....rest...............rest Tues...6rest..............rest Wed...6miles.............6miles Thurs..rest...............6miles Frid....rest...............rest Sat....6miles.............6miles Sun... 12miles...........12miles Total....30 miles
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        evanflein

Hope Dark Horse is ok... let us know what you find out, if anything. Monday: 10 mins on Elliptical (1.1 mile), 30+ minutes upper body weights/abs Tuesday: 10 mins Ellipical (1.12 mile), 35 minutes leg weights, 6 miles progression run on TM, .66 mile walk. Wednesday: 8 miles on the TM with 6 x .5 mile repeats (first 4 @ 8 m/m, last 2 @ 7:30), .66 mile walk Thursday: 6.22 miles on very annoying treadmills at the gym, .67 mile walk w/u and c/d Friday: 30 minutes upper body weights at lunch, evening workout: 15 minutes elliptical (1.67 miles), 30 minutes legs and abs, 30 minutes water running Saturday: 10.3 miles of snowy hills, .3 mile walk cool down. Sunday: 14 miles on the treadmill, 8:37 avg pace; .67 mile walking w/u and c/d Totals: 44.5 miles running, 4.6 miles elliptical, 2 miles walking, 30 mins pool running, 4 x strength training (2+ hours)
            Thanks, lyndenrunner. Have fun in Seattle! Smile Monday: 3 miles on the treadmill Tuesday: 200 pushups, 200 situps, 30 leg curls, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 50 wrist curls Wednesday: nothing Thursday: 6 miles on the treadmill Friday: nothing Saturday: 0.25 mile on the treadmill Sunday: --- Totals: --- Time for this horse to graze in the pasture for a while, and explore medical options for the aches and pains. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
              December - wow! How'd that happen? Class ends Monday, so more time to run this week - between ridiculous number of rehearsals, services, and concerts all month. Monday - rest - last night class and my new tights and super-cool tech jacket just arrived from REI outlet; I'm so ready to run tomorrow! Tuesday - ran 4 & walked 0.7 on a clear, starlit night Wednesday - GRRRRR; blowout (literally) on the way home from school, so I didn't get home until 7:30 and now it's time to do laundry and pack for the shore; maybe some stretching/pilates between loads of wash?? Thursday - travel to NJ after school for (paid!) singing gig - tiny walk from the gig to the boardwalk to see the ocean after the gig; more cross-relaxing than cross-training Friday - ran 6.2 and walked 0.9 on the boardwalk; a glorious day, made even better by the fact that I was doing this on a school day Smile Saturday - feeling flu-ey and have a huge singing gig tomorrow, so stretched a little and rested a lot Sunday - too busy between church, rehearsal, and concert to even walk the 3 blocks to see the ocean; super concert, though total - ran 10.2; walked 1.6; lower totals that I'd wanted, but both were awesome outings Eliz Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Yep, it's December. With my foot pain flaring up again, I'll be running on the TM a few times and slowly increasing mileage. TM has a softer surface which might help with the R-foot, plus, if it starts to hurt, all I have to do is step off and I'm done. Mon...UB/LB strength+20min "test"run -> 30min UB endurance strength, 3K TM run, 20min LB strength, topped by a bike commute (13K), R-foot is just fine. Tue...abs+Yee's AM hip openers -> Yee's AM hip openers Wed..30min TM run+UB/LB strength -> 45min UB endurance strength, 7.4K TM tempo run, 20min LB endurance strength. And no, I'm not that fast, it took me 48min to cover 7.4K on the TM. No foot problems. Thu...40min TM run+LB strength -> Yee's AM twisters. Slept in, not time for a run. Fri......UB/LB strength+Yee's AM hip openers -> 30min UB endurance strength and 25min LB endurance strength. Sat....45min easy run+LB strength -> 6.5K doggie fun run (51min), legs feel a little tired, so I'm skipping the LB. Sun...60min easy run+yoga -> only Yee's AM twists, decorating the tree and babysitting. Total mileage: planned on 195 minutes, only did 119 minutes. So I'm 76 min short (approx. 10K). In mileage, I ran 16.9K.

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks, Lynden. Mon - Tapering - 6 hilly miles, 10:01 ap Tues - Tapering - 3 easy miles, 9:21 ap Wed - Taping - Rest Thurs - 3 miles Fri - Sat - 3 miles Sun - Desert High 30k (18.64 miles) stay tuned . . .

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

Thanks lyndenrunner,
                    DayPlanActualComment
                    Monday8-10 miles8 miles - done9:40/mile avg pace
                    Tuesday5-7 miles5.5 miles - done9:48/mile avg pace
                    Wednesday8-10 miles0 miles - donesick/rest day
                    Thursday5-7 miles0 miles - donerest day
                    Fridayrest day8.2 miles - done9:57/mile avg pace
                    Saturday10-12 miles10.2 miles - done9:22/mile avg pace
                    Sundayrest day8.1 miles - done9:30/mile avg pace
                    Total~40 miles40 milesDONE
                    Paul
                    dg.

thanks Gordon! sorry I'm late. healing hugs to all our feet. Mon..... 20 min. prehab, 50 minutes snow shoveling with vigour. Tues.... 4.48 miles 9:47 pace, .6 walk, 30 min./2 sets on weight machines Wed..... 30 min. yoga, & explosive running exercises Thurs.... 4.34 mile run, (3.34 @ 9:39, 1 @ 8:57), .6 walk, 2 sets on the weight machines, stab. ball routine, 35 min. (hurried) Fri........ 5.28 miles 9:33 pace, .7 walk, 20 min. elliptical, 25 min. UB work-rows, pullups, pushups, back lifts, & stability ball routine Sat.... 33 min. prehab & explosivie running exercises. Sun.... 11.04 miles, 9:54 pace. this was split... 7 by the river but my face froze & fell off, so the last 4 were at the gym. then 1 set (15 reps) on the weight machines, 1 set of the stability ball exercises. stretched. a bit in the sauna, then the whirlpool. trader joes. shoveled. laundry. cleaned the cat litter. drank wine. totals: 25.2 miles running, ? walking, 20 min. on the elliptical, 3 hr. 23 min. strength training, & snow shoveling. I think did some on the bike, but didn't record it. so better next time maybe. Leslie... hoping today went well for you! Tim... your knees again/still? or something new?
                      nowor

M T-strength training and ball/core classes Wed-8 mi Th-strength training and ball/core classes AM; yoga PM Fri-6 mi Su-yoga Summary: 14 mi + usual + cookie baking In CA for a week. Off line.