Masters Running

I see Ilene can type, so... (Read 531 times)

Ilene, I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry this was all more exciting than planned. Take your medicine like a good girl and don't push it. You've got some healing to do. Let us know if you need anything toted or carried or typed. PDR

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Cashmason

Suzie's sister is probably going to walk the half. I bet she would stick with you the whole way if you decided to do it that way.
        I thought I have been feeling the worst of the pain, but I was wrong, the real pain hit Saturday!
        I hope you're feeling better today. I also hope that you had an anaesthesiologist with more "bedside manner" than the one my son had last summer for his shoulder surgery. When he was explaining to my DW and I how the pain-relief device worked, my wife asked how bad the pain might be. So this guy says "I've seen grown men break down in tears in the recovery room." What the $#@% kind of comment is that to make to a young patient's mother?? You can guess the effect on my DW. Fortunately, my DS was not having that kind of major procedure, never really complained about any pain, and was off the device and meds within a couple of days. I hope your experience is the same!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

coastwalker

Hi Ilene, Surgery is never anybody's idea of a good time, so make the best of it, keep wiggling your fingers at folks, keep your sense of humor, and do as ordered to the extent that you can so you'll recover as quickly and completely as possible, and get back to running like this never happened. Roacrunner, sometimes doctors have the bedside manner of a stone It's too bad that the comments has the impact they did on DW, but I'm glad that DS's experience wasn't near as bad as the anaesthesiologist predicted. I hope you told the doc what a jerk he was! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Hey Ilene, Sorry to hear you had it tougher after the surgery. It happens (I nursed the Huz through a few surgeries and he had pretty bad pain days after the proceduers). Minor surgery my @$$. It all hurts! I'm just relieved you are ok and back at home. Remember what happened to Donda West! I like Cashmason's suggestion about Surf City. We all care about you. Smile Take it easy girlfriend, I miss running with you but I know you're gonna kick my butt when you're back in the groove Big grin. You know you bettah! dromedary

#artbydmcbride

I hope you're feeling better today. I also hope that you had an anaesthesiologist with more "bedside manner" than the one my son had last summer for his shoulder surgery. When he was explaining to my DW and I how the pain-relief device worked, my wife asked how bad the pain might be. So this guy says "I've seen grown men break down in tears in the recovery room."
              Hey, I could have used something like that!! Yeah, my anesthetist said folks usually vomit from the pain. Dromedary,Cashmason, walking the half is an idea. I'll decide after I meet with the surgeon on Thursday.

Runners run

seemomgo

Hello Miss Ilene!!! I am so sorry to hear about your shoulder! I have nursed SeeDadGo through the same thing and it wasn't pretty...men can be so weak! I set him a bed up on the chaise lounge we have in the bedroom and he found that he slept really great by sitting up somewhat - propped and wedged in between lots of pillows. He found that the pain really was bad the first week and then he was able to manage it better, I think he ended up sick from the pain medication more than anything! I hope Mr. Forward is taking good care of you. Lots of healing vibes, good wishes and positive energy being sent to you!!!! C-mom
                Henrun

Ilene, Breathe into the pain and have patience - recovery will come Remember the difference between major and minor surgery. Major Surgery happens to you - minor to everyone else. Thinking of you, Marj
                  munchkn883

I don't know where I've been, but this is the first I've heard of your surgery. Hope all is going well. Will remember you in my prayers.
                    bap

Heal quickly Ilene and join us and chrunners.net

Certified Running Coach
                      Crocked since 2013

Hey, I could have used something like that!! Yeah, my anesthetist said folks usually vomit from the pain.
                        I hope it wasn't that bad for you. The hospital we used helped develop a device they call a "pain pump" that you take home with you. It's hooked up like an IV and dispenses pain medication periodically and has a button you can press at limited intervals to give you an extra shot. It caused him a few problems and we disconnected it after a day or so. But I think it would have helped if he had had worse pain.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

huskydon

Sorry to hear about your shoulder and surgery. You got the right attitude, for sure. Take it easy comin' back. We are all pulling for you. huskydon
                            I hope you got the lights and the siren when you had the ambulance ride. You pay for these things and sometimes the drivers just won't cooperate. Please don't rush the time frame for healing and therapy. Right now I suspect the pain sort of discourages you from arm wrestling and push ups.......but you are a spirited young lady and who knows what you might try. Just be careful. Get well
                            Vista
                              I'm pretty slow on the uptake here. I hope you're feeling better today (it's now Wednesday). I know it will be hard for an energetic person like you to rest, but you know what you have to do! Here's wishing you a swift and uneventful recovery.