Masters Running

Happy Sunday Masters Daily (Read 343 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

WTG, Leslie!!!  One goal down, lots of time to rest and train for Goals 2 and 3.  Bet you kick them too.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wow!   Everyone did well today.  Fatozzig - Woo Hoo!   

I too can brag today - I finally finished Week 5 of C25K!    I did 20 uninterupted minutes of running, with no walking segments for the first time today.    Now I can progress to Week 6.   I did not run fast, but I did finish and didn't feel bad afterwards.  

Woods Lady

dg.

Woods Lady, congratulations!

Leslie.... you did it!!!!!!  WTG.   Hope your hip flexor & ankles & everything else are good!

Thanks TomS  Smile    congratulations on your 8K!   Hey.   where is your race report?   And a few others, while we're at it!

Thanks Stevep!   Don't know about your leg.   should be worth a few Batshirts.  glad your 15K went well!  how's your ankle?  Have been meaning to ask you.  Did you ever go get it checked out?

evanflein

That's great, Woods Lady! Way to go with the running! I think that Couch-to-5k program is absolutely terrific, and look out week 6!

Yay Leslie!! Woohoo! That's awesome. That's a really scary course and you've had trouble with it in the past, but you conquered it outright this year.  Enjoy some rest and recovery now, you've earned it.

Steve had an awesome run today, and dogs on sugar buzz sound like more than I want to deal with. Good thing there was no chocolate... but who still has Easter candy lying around? That's just not right...

Slo you did great on two counts; the four mile race and PR, and then a 20 miler (yes they really can suck). You're going to do great on your marathon this fall.

My run was ok, but I really wanted to hit 16 miles today. Only got to 14.5 and the last couple were really ugly. It's hot and sunny here, and I stopped several times to walk small circles in the shade. Stopped at two different McDonald's (mile 5 and 9) for new ice water. Had 2 S caps before starting, 20 oz of Nuun down before mile 8, Gu and more water at mile 9, 2 more S caps at mile 10.5, refilled water again at mile 12.3 (parents' house). I hate carrying water but liked having it with me. Figured I drank over 66 oz of water and/or Nuun on this run, still lost 3 lbs. It was 82 and 33% humidity when I stopped. Just sucks the life right out of your legs! That, and my 9 miles with hills yesterday, plus bike... I keep thinking I'm in such crappy shape cuz I fizzle out on these runs in the heat, but I guess it's more the heat than me, right?

I like the Tinman approach to running. I was trying to slow down on my run today, but didn't do so well. Consistent miles of 8:30 to 8:37 for most of the middle miles. Slowed down to 8:45 something on some of the later hills, overall avg for this run was about 8:35, probably 20-30 seconds per mile too fast for what I was trying to do.

Hey Gang - I'm back, and . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I did frigging awesome!!! at SOB!  I am so damm happy, I can hardly stand it.... 

Woohoo!! Congrats Leslie! That is indeed awesome. Delighted for you. Your expression in the pic says it all.

Skip