Masters Running

Is it June 19 already? (Read 607 times)

TammyinGP

I bet the food is divine at Mariposai's this evening!!

June 19th Trent?  I don't think so. ..  in oregon if you look outside,it appears to be April 19th.

This is our Relay for Life wknd also. This year I'm not participating in it though, although I have the last few years. I do enjoy it and the opening ceremonies are always quite moving.

Nothing for me today. Had a good gym workout last night though - only a bit of soreness from some of the weights I moved around. But decided to just stay home this morning and not rush off to go for a run like I usually do. I'm leaving in 6 days for running camp, running doubles each day, so decided to have a chillaxin' morning with DH instead.

Tammy

Congratulations, Denise and CNY!  Fantastic runs by both of you.

Mmmmmm - I want to eat at Nancy's someday.  Mmmmmmm!

Put in 21.5 brutal trail miles today.  Ran Headwaters and did the 1200' climb three times.  Combo of power-walking and running the first and second times, 99% power-walking the third time.  My legs were (are) just plain ole pooped, as am I.  I woke up just really wanting to stay on the couch and sleep more, so I guess the day didn't start off with a bang in the first place.  Anyway, got it done with a little bit of cajoling from Karen.  Wanted to quit real bad, but I figured I wouldn't quit during a race, so why would I quit during a training run.

Been having trouble with a stiff left shoulder and left side of the neck, which gets worse with running.  So after the run today, I went down to the mall to a massage place run by some Asian folks.  Criminy!  My back was so dang tight, and I felt like a piece of meat being tenderized!   Glad I decided only 30 minutes.  Not sure I could've gotten off the table otherwise.

Okay - I desperately need a nap.  I'm so frigging tired, I seriously considering not doing my scheduled 10 tomorrow.  Feel like I need a break.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, dang.  Was having a great Grandma's, 60 degrees, cloudy, running ~3:45 pace feeling good when the calf injury that has been bugging me for a few weeks blew up and reduced me to a limp.  At mile 11. Walked until I got bored, then jogged until I could not stand the pain, repeat.  Came in at 4:21 and seriously considered dropping a number of times.  Anyhow, I did get to finish and take my medal and finisher shirt.  And boy was the postrace beer good.

Still hurts tho.

There are a lot of healthy, athletic folk in N'hampton...it seems to be a great community for running, cycling, etc.

Spent most of the day there...I took the girls to the nearby Eric Carle Museum, the most fascinating part of which (for me) was the "Dutch tiled" gallery floor....Dutch tile is created by cutting square-shaped pieces of wood into chunks, then arranging them side-by-side, end grain up: sort of like a butcher block on the floor. The floor at the museum is made out of Douglas Fir....beautiful. We went to a park afterward that had some water-spray-thingy area, which was great (it was hot out).

Ran the mile in 5:23....2nd Masters, 8th OA. I had a really good surge (legs felt light and swift) at about 1300 meters, picked up a couple of places, but then my legs stopped feeling so light and swift. Apparently they let 41 year-olds runs as masters over there, so some other guy got the AG award.

CNY had such a great finish....she managed to pull around another estimable runner in the Womens' heat right as they entered the track for the finish....YAY! I tried my best to convince her son to give up hockey, but, well, kids these days.

Speaking of which, my girls really were remarkably chill for the whole event...I just had to promise them ice cream after dinner. I told them that letting me run the race would be their father's day present to me...they were great. And fast asleep on the drive home.   Fun day.

Walt

Just a dude.

5k(?) race for me...

1OA, 17:49 on a course that has to be 2 or 3 minutes short.  Beautiful course tho!

Second place was like 4 minutes behind me... 

/shrug

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...