Masters Running

Easter Sunday 3/27/16 Runs and Festivities (Read 38 times)

evanflein

Love all the pictures posted here! SteveP you are priceless indeed. Love the bunny suit and your sekrit is safe with Noah! That's so awesome. AND I love seeing that someone else has snow! Especially after Holly keeps posting these green grass shots. Ha, it'll be months before my lawn looks anywhere near that good.

Thanks for posting those pictures, Ribs. I hear you did a very good job and yes, Lou and Harriet are a great couple.

Enke, glad the knee is better. I was sure hoping that wasn't going to be a chronic thing. ^5 to you for even going out in the downpour... I'll run in light rain but that heavy downpour stuff is no fun.

Nice run after blood donation, Barb! That's funny about Ralph listening in the car, but I sure hope he's feeling better soon.

We really didn't do anything for Easter. I feel a little bad about it, but we just didn't plan anything and when DH asked if we wanted to do something it was really too late (as in, this afternoon). So, I'll make dinner, just something simple, and I've got work to do to get ready for tomorrow.

Ran 18.1 today in about 2.5 hours, right where I thought it might end up. Some stops in the last four miles though, but overall fewer stops than most of my runs and much better than last week's long run. One of the features of the Garmin Forerunner 25 is "LiveTrack" which lets me send my run details to DH so he can track me and see where I am and how the run is going (average pace, distance, total time and a map showing where I am). It's really cool, and one of the reasons I wanted this model. First time I've used it though and I've had the thing since the end of December. I wanted a ride about a mile from the house as that would have me at 18 miles and I'd avoid the awful mud on our road. He showed up when I was at 17.5 and waited the few minutes for me to finish. A very cool feature!

Mariposai

Ran 18.1 today in about 2.5 hours, right where I thought it might end up. Some stops in the last four miles though, but overall fewer stops than most of my runs and much better than last week's long run. One of the features of the Garmin Forerunner 25 is "LiveTrack" which lets me send my run details to DH so he can track me and see where I am and how the run is going (average pace, distance, total time and a map showing where I am). It's really cool, and one of the reasons I wanted this model. First time I've used it though and I've had the thing since the end of December. I wanted a ride about a mile from the house as that would have me at 18 miles and I'd avoid the awful mud on our road. He showed up when I was at 17.5 and waited the few minutes for me to finish. A very cool feature!

I have been sans garmin or any timing divice for 4 years now, but I think you just convinced me to get the Forerunner 25.

No running here today. I thought I would have time to run in the afternoon after church, but no home-caring was done by the other dweller in the house and I had guests coming over for dinner, so I spent most of my early afternoon cleaning the house, then cooking, then doing dishes. A fun day in the kitchen, I may say. Dinner today was: herbed pork loin, marinated lamb, twocat's Calcannon potatoes and cabbege, roasted asparagus, roasted beets with apples and a dill sauce, homemade rolls, baby green salad, drunken cranberry sauce. Ohh and a yummie chocolate cake for dessert. A fun feast for all.

Back at it tomorrow. Happy resurrection day to all.

BTW, I am not surprised that Ribs did an outstanding MC job at the event. He is one gifted speaker and charmer.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

It was nice talking to you tonight, Mariposai! I miss that we used to do that a lot... I think you'd like the FR25, and I know your DH would like knowing where you are!

Marathon Maniac #957

, but no home-caring was done by the other dweller in the house

Yes, a lot of that here as well.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

New skirt in town

Late to the game here, but it sounds like everyone got some greta runs in over the weekend, and many were visited by the Easter bunny!

20 on Saturday, followed by 10 on Sunday.  Slow and steady, nothing speedy, but everything feels surprisingly solid.  Managed my ballroom dance lesson yesterday, too, without falling over!

Love seeing the pix of Lou and Harriet!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I don't have the faintest idea of what you speak.

Yes, a lot of that here as well.....

And my DW would be more than happy to confirm that.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.