Masters Running

Oct. 7 Master Runs and Workouts (trying to run like Karin!) (Read 501 times)

thank you Amy - you brought tears to my eyes ......  i am really looking forward to meeting you too (Amy)

Holly - forgot to answer you -- i'm running the baystate 1/2 marathon on Oct 18 -- nice local race for me and many of my MVS friends are running the full marathon as part of the Grand Prix series so i'll be hanging around after to cheer them on!!  Plus, planning on meeting up with Tramps at the expo -- woohoooo!! 

track tonight -- did 12  300's - yikes plus a mile before and 2 laps after for a cooldown........ my times were ok tonight -- 1 strange one in there at 1:43 -- wonder if i didn't hit my lap button at the right time for that one because all the rest were between 1:22 and 1:28..........felt good to pick it up a little and always more fun running with others!!

nite friends!!  may all your aches, pains and anxieties be gone with the morning sun!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mariposai - be careful about your new job so close to the New York Marathon. Knowing your work habits

the hospital might be thinking something like 12 hours more than you with their 6-9 offer.

Karin - next time you get on a plane with those pink shoes, come to the real washington where pink

is really appreciated. I missed it at the Seattle RnR and no one's admitting anything yet but maybe check

with Holly or someone  about a certain pink door near dive's dive. www.thepinkdoor.net/cabaret.html

Not even queen ileen has admitted anything.

Besides, I have some pink attire from the Japan Joyful Running Club where I was then that needs to be worn too.

ps - as someone who's also been running for 33 years but not getting any faster,

I might have a couple questions too if you don't mind.

aririeca - maybe you can bring ribs back too. For some reason,

the local goddesses are the only ones who claim to've seen him so far.

ps to DH - http://www.seattle.com/peking-duck-b445771

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mariposai Congratulations!  Boy that was fast!  Good luck with the full time offer search.  Somehow I suspect it too will be relatively short.

breger1 I hope the stresses, whatever they may be, pass soon and you are mentally good to go.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #3309

Boy this sure has been a fun week to be a Minnesota sports fan, wouldn't you agree Slo??

Had a good run with my friend Laura last night at the track. 6 miles, 56:35, and chatting the whole time.

I am Jealous Tampster.....why do you get all the fun (smiles)----Nice run BTW Dear------TimmiBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Why do Wimmin always get me in trouble.....they really really do (grins)----Monday I had a very good 10 mile run.....was super good at a fast pace for me. Then when I was about home I saw this Woman with here car the was out of gas. She was trying to push the car off the side of the road by herself as I ran by.------Now, I really had to think.......do I help her as she looked like she was struggling. I ran past because of my calf injury that is all healed up, and Marathon training is going very good actually. But there was something in my Big heart that said......what if that was you Tim. I ran back and helped push the Gals car off the road like most would do. And at that time I felt something "pop" in my right calf, and it hurt like "you know what" She heard the pop and asked if I was OK.......I said sure I am, being a Gentlman helping a sweet and needy Woman....I was not OK at all. But I have Cycled long miles the last 2 nights, and my calf "almost" feels pain free.....thank goodness.----Tomorrow I will try a short 3 to 4 mile easy mile run, and hope I can run my next 20 miler Sat....I am so commited this Fall to a break through Marathon.....I really am-----TimBo------PSBlush would do the same thing 10 out of 10 times, as other people are more important than us!

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

ran back and helped push the Gals car off the road like most would do. And at that time I felt something "pop" in my right calf, and it hurt like "you know what"

Okay - that made my stomach clench.  Keeping fingers crossed it's nothing too significant.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Erika,

If you can work it out, find your way to White Rock Lake and run around the lake.  It's about a 15K around and beautiful.  It's right near downtown Dallas.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong