Masters Running

PW by 12 minutes in measly half marathon (Read 346 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

It just doesn’t seem right that no matter what the event distance is, it always seems about a mile too long for my legs.
    Hey, I am very familiar with that feeling... Big grin I still think you did a great job, Tet - 2:11 is not a bad time at all. Besides, we all know you just go to these races to chase the wimmin.... Wink

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Jon, sorry this isn't the race you expected, but really a 2:11 is not that bad. Just think what you could do if you actually spent more time training then tapering! Tongue And don't tell me that you are changing your ways and starting to get hung up on times . . . you are my constant reminder and inspiration that times aren't really that important - the important part is getting out there and doing it and enjoying the gift of running. Don't go all sideways on me now! Wink

Tammy

John, so sorry you also had a bad race experience, although I find it quite hard to believe you looked anything other than adorable "flopped out" on the grass after you finished. I'm glad Enke was there to lift your spirits, too. Did you at least head to the brewery right there after the misery? See ((you)) soon...
        Mariposai

Did he hit the pub after this misery????? I sure hope so Shocked. Great job taper boy. I know this was a test for you...but you always come out of this races in flying colors.What is the trick????????/ Tongue that lets you have so much fun.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard