Masters Running

Tuesdaily - 12/24 - Merry Christmas Eve (Read 35 times)

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!  5.3 easy jingle bell miles today with friends from my running group this morning!!

Monkey bread going in the oven -- my boys and their girlfriends and of course our baby Maria will all be here opening up gifts in about an hour before we head to my sister's for Christmas Eve --- tomorrow work for me and one of the girlfriends so most of our celebrations are today!!   Hopefully the baby business will be on the "Q" side tomorrow so we can enjoy our work family and the food we share!!

Have a peaceful night my friends!!

denise

Tramps

Thanks.   I'll pass along the supportive comments to TriBee.

Tramps, sorry to hear about TriBee's back... as someone who suffers chronic back issues, all I can say is make sure she gets some good core work in. Strengthening the core is not hard, really, and doesn't have to be an exhaustive workout, but makes such a hugh difference for back support. I am slacking in core work lately, and can sure feel it in my lower back (so I guess I need to take my own advice!).

She's the queen of core work. That's part of what's been disappointing; she's done all the things that are supposed to help but to no avail.

Marj--she's also seeing a sports doc who, I believe, is a physiatrist.

I laughed at all the messy house comments.  I'm with you!

Be safe. Be kind.

Speaking of which, it was -2 at the house this morning

It was -5 at 5:00 this morning, though we're supposed to get up to a balmy 10° by this afternoon. At least the sun is out  I'll take sun and cold any time. So Ribs, tell your RP to enjoy those warm Texas temps!

Sorry to hear about Tribee's back problems Tramps. From someone who's been there and had surgery, I can appreciate how much pain she's in. Does she sleep with a pillow under her legs? That really helps alleviate some of the pain when you first get up in the morning. Hope she finds the source of the problem and can get it fixed.

That was such an awesome picture of you and Ryan yesterday, Mike. You'd never know you guys were running a marathon - looks like you were just out for a casual run in the park. I say get that one framed and hang it some place where everyone will see it.

All this talk of cleaning is going right over my head. Not even going to bother. We'll have four kids here tonight age 4 and under and 90% of the presents under the tree are for them. We also invited my DIL's mother and sister to join us. They lost their father/husband last August and we didn't want them to be alone tonight.

I won't even hit 700 miles this year, so I'll live vicariously through the rest of your great accomplishments. 5 miles on the mill yesterday, 5 miles this morning followed with 30 minutes of legs and core work.

Merry Christmas to the best virtual running friends anyone could ask for. Some have had some pretty rough times this year - both personally and physically. Peace and blessings, good people!

Marathon Maniac #957

...holly//.........it's m pr nb>>>>>>__ _minutes pool run, no belt

because

'' mpmb ''would make no sense

Damn print gets smaller and smaller every year....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Cleaning, what's that?  And who is going to notice?  My kids???  Hahahaha.

Sorry to hear about Tribee's back issues.  I will channel good vibes her way.....

Holly, I'm lost without my reader cheaters.

4.1 Remi miles, in, get this, SUNSHINE and 47F, although, darn it, it felt chilly and more like 43F (this is where you decide to hate me!)  Seriously, a splendid run.......feeling very blessed.  Very much looking forward to my Christmas day run tomorrow......the quietest run of the year.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Just popping in to say hi.  It's been a pretty busy day, but I managed to get in 9 miles with 6 x 1 mile repeats at 6:40 on the treadmill.  Then we went to church...then to my brother's house...kind of weird without my sister.  Now, I'm home...just shoveled the driveway and getting ready to back to church for the 11:00 service.  Santa is used to our schedule, by now, and plans his route to come by after we're in bed at around 1am.

Okay--that's all I have time for.  Merry Christmas...Eve!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

MikeE - I had no idea the photo was from your father/son marathon running at a three-hour clip. You both look as if you're having as much fun as if you were running for fun too. Will you both be running is it Paradise in Floriday. I don't see it on the MM Calendar. What are you going to recommend to Ryan (and yourself) about training in the winter for a southern marathon. Are you crazy? Good luck. Have fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Christmas Eve is the biggest night of the year for a Latina mama. I was able to work until 5pm and deliver my true traditional Christmas eve dinner for the boys.

9 pre-dawn miles today plus some Xt tonight because I needed to de-compress

Post dinner we watched a movie, now...we are walking up Kermel grade as a family tradition...

Life is good!!

Cheers and happiness to each one of you!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Tet--no, Ryan is not running Paradise Coast with me.  He wants to spend the rest of the winter skiing.  I think this is the first year for this marathon.  I was trying to decide between Ft Lauderdale and Gainsville, when somebody told me about Paradise Coast.  It works out so much better for me.  As far as training...I'll just do the best I can.