Masters Running

Shall we keep the party going? - Sunday, 6.9.13 Daily (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Enke, nice club run and post-breakfast - great way to start the day. there is definitely something wrong when a communications co. (the phone co.) can't/won't communicate efficiently with its customers. That, sadly and too often, is what happens when they have a monopoly.

'Nother good run with Ryan, Mike. Someone might think you like running with that kid... How'd the sermon come out? I'm also glad that your new job is good, even if the hours are long. Of all the trade-offs there could be, that is far from the worst.

Good luck with the doc on Wednesday, Tall. I know you might still need the drugs, but get off them if you can, even though it might be a bit scary to get going without them.

Nice trail run, Wildchild. It's always great to hear positive comments in the middle of a run, isn't it? Thanks for the heads-up on Rosie's birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUEHRIE!!!

Holly, an Elvis impersonator at a Fried Green Tomato Festival somehow seems like a disconnect to me. But it still sounds like you all had fun, and that's what counts.

Tselbes, what a greta family & friends event your half turned into! Congrats to you and everyone else for doing such a good job, and for supporting each other. I hope you're all having a great breakfast this morning.

We were out last night at a "Farewell" dinner at our favorite french restaurant (owned by a racewalker). They are closing for a couple of weeks while they renovate, add a wine bar, change the name, and change the menu. It was a great celebration, but we got home well past our normal bed time. Still (of course), I was up at 4 this morning. I racewalked 7.15 easy miles in some early morning sunshine, once the sun got post-horizon. It was a glorious morning with temps in the mid-50s, dry air, and just a few clouds meandering along. It was nice to take my time, enjoy the scenery, and get the kinks out after yesterday's race. Now DW and I are headed for (you guessed it) our favorite local dive for breakfast. Then I'll have a day full of attempting to catch up with all the yard work that needs to be done; despite my best efforts and putting in long hours, I'll fail miserably at catching up. But it'll be fun trying...

Have a greta day!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow!  A party that starts one morning and is still going the next, is my kind of party!  Thanks for keeping it going, Jay.  You did well, yesterday.

I'm a little nervous about church, today.  I'm not real confident with what I've put together.  Oh, we'll....it's what I've got.

Okay--I guess I don't really have anything.  I'm hoping to do a long run, today....I'll check back in after that.  Have a great  Sunday, everybody!

Tramps

TW—I love the idea of a wedding at a zoo!  It’s funny that Jay thought of Paul Simon; I thought of the ScorpionsSmile

Twocat—we get lots of box turtles that about a foot long and I constantly see them on our dirt road.  I stopped being tempted to move them a long time ago.  Why mess with Darwin.

Mike—remember: the best sermon is a brief sermon.  Wink

I wish RCG would pop in more often. Belated 50th in case you’re lurking.

10.4 miles this morning including a local 5K that I ran pretty well given the temps and high humidity.  I didn’t stick around for the official time but it should be about 6:50 pace or 21:12. (I'm tempted to make a crack about the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx but I doubt anyone here is geeky enough to get it.)  Staying up to watch double-overtime hockey probably didn’t help, though.  (Go Bruins!)

Be safe. Be kind.

...thanks tramps//..........yeah, I thought of Paul Simon too..........

=========

Weird Biking Experience............

I'm heading down the road

and

about 8-Runners are coming UP the road...........they filled up the lane!!!!!!

made a Car get over for them,

and made me switch lanes to get around them.

Usually I will say ''Good Morning''...............this time ''Get OVER A$$holes'' came to mind.

Stoopid??.........I think so.

60min bike ride, otherwise uneventful

..............good running guys...............Don't fill up the lane unless you weigh more than a car does........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

16 miles this morning...ideal running conditions and a big confidence builder....

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Nice race Coast and 1st place win in your racewalking division.

Mike E, just have faith? (was that too corny?)

Tramps......RUSH!

Lynden, nice long run.  The weather has been incredibly cooperative here lately eh?

I did 5 miles at Cougar Mtn.  Lots of other runners, with their dogs, and hikers too.  I felt relieved that only one of about 8 other dogs we met up with was on a leash.  So, that eased my guilt.   The trail looked completely different in some sections with the full foliage shading the trail - I am used to it being more open and bare.  Felt great too.  HR was in a normal range, unlike that run a few days ago - I must have been short on sleep or over stressed then.  My car was acting up pretty badly last weekend (I was sure it was the transmission) but when I took it into the shop, it magically was ok and they couldn't find anything wrong with it.  Now I think it might be something with the fuel delivery, but only acts up after long drives.

I have ordered a doggie leash that goes around your waist with a bungee part to dampen tugging by the dog.  I will try it out on runs I do with him in the neighbourhood, where obviously, he has to be leashed.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Tramps

Tramps......RUSH!

Big grin I'm very impressed!

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

I hate all bikers, but that's just me.

MIA yesterday here, busy day.

Hugh thunder and "lightening" storms this morning so I didn't go to the Lake. Just got back in now after a brisk 8 miles, hot and steamy.

This week I'm working in Princeton, NJ. Love that town, so pretty.  Spareribs

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Well, the sermon went okay.  I think the 32 people (yes, I counted) who showed up enjoyed it.  It sure makes me appreciate the work a real pastor does every week.  Anyway--that's done--big relief!

Just got back from 22.4 miles...2:46:31.  Rainy, windy, kind of cool--perfect!

Okay--I gotta go to Ryan's girlfriend's collage graduation ice cream social...I've never heard of such a thing...and do I bring a card and money?  I don't even eat ice cream...

mrrun

I hate all bikers, but that's just me.

Just came back from a lovely 10 mile bike ride after 6 mile run  Many of us do both sports - as well as swim......

marj

Henrun

Congrats Jay. Market Square was one of my first races. Have done it several times over the years.

Did 5 miles this morning on a Charles River "trail" and biked a couple of miles while Marj did her ride. She left me enjoying coffee and a book at Starbucks (outdoors),

The book I'm reading is a pageturner about a British runner-"The Ghost Rnner" by Bill Jones-highly recommended.

Soooooooooo tired - biked 50 miles today with friends -- I HAVE NEVER biked that far in my life!!  It was an absolutely beautiful day  - followed the ride with late lunch with my mom and sister then 5pm mass.   Now, my bed and a good book is calling my name!!  Nite!!Big grin

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

sounds like lynden is getting ready for something.

Glad you opted for the half TS but don't run so fast you can take pictures of that scenic route.

TW you scared me.  I though that was a "2" instead of a "Z" at first.

I love cycling too and long for the days when we all had names for our rides.

ps - happy birthday rosie. Whatdijado? How old is Shrek? .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...hey,

Anything that puts my back to traffic gets my goat...........

..........did you know I had a goat????

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

late greetings, all.  16.5 miles this morning for a new long distance.  I know it should have been 20, but what's a few miles between friends?  A little slow, but getting warm, so I think I didn't get quite enough drinking based on the amount that I consumed in the afternoon.

Of course, right now, RA does not seem to want to talk to my Garmin.  anyone else having that problem or have any suggestions to get them happy again?

Tall--glad to hear that you're getting off the warfarin.  that was an exciting time in my treatment.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.