Masters Running

Tuesday, April 27th (Read 689 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I just love reading your posts TomS!   Your poor daughter - and all the other runners for that matter not getting to finish that marathon.   It sounds like she has a very positive attitude like her dad though, and already has a plan in place.    Very nice run for you today too mister!!

Welcome back Dave59!  

Oh, my palms are itching like crazy ..... doesn't that mean I'm coming into money???   (oh please!)

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

I tried to set-up accounts for my 2 cats, but one of them won’t do anything but lay on the keyboard and the other one just pukes hair balls.

TomS - what Slo_Hand said, we all feel is true.....I'm glad that your DD will be able to jump on another marathon soon...you are right that it is so disappointing to come so far and not be able to finish.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Hey Dave! Welcome back! My cat doesn't want an account either. He'd rather just sit in the sun and wait for dinner.

Tom, what a great description of your daughter's race. I bet she was sorely disappointed, but what can you do? Good tact to treat it like a supported long run and go find another. Bummer about the flat tire, but hey what a run you had today! Wow... nice last mile there. And thanks for the summary. I could've saved a lot of time the past week catching up on dailies by just reading that!

I need to get my kids' eyes checked. They just do the "read the 4th line" thing for their sports physicals and seem fine. I've never had a problem till the past couple of years when all the print on labels now seems too small. Why do they do that?

Holly, that was quite the breakfast. He'd better test well today, right?

Mary, I need a mental health day, too. I need a day at home with nobody there. Except maybe the cat. He can stay. Everyone else out. I've got stuff to do and I don't want anyone underfoot!! Seems like that never happens, but it's always a dream of mine.

Errands at lunch, RAW. Nice day today, could get up to 65° this afternoon!

wildchild

Carolyn

Deb, sometimes your posts are so cryptic - I have to go back to see what someone said to understand your comments. Such as "Mary neither did I    and I didn't!   well sort of.    oh, too bad."  I thought, HUH?  It's a little like reading a Tetsujin post.  But at least I can figure out what you meant eventually.  Tet, not so much.

Holly, why should Erika answer the door?  Or is this an in-joke from your weekend as roommates?

That sounds like a breakfast of champions for your DS today. Hope he did well on his test!

Craneium, I'm sure you'll look stunning in pink glasses!  And I agree, I'll have what Mari is having.

Tammy, a belated congrats on your great 20 miler last weekend.   Hope the rain lets up for you today so you don't have to face the DM.

Dave59, welcome back!  I thought about the Deadwood too, although not this year because I had to take some time off to heal up.  But it looks like a nice course and it's in a cool area for a mini-vacation - hope you and your DW have fun!

TomS, ditto what Slo said!  I was wondering about Sandy when Trent posted about the race ending early. Are you and DW going to Cleveland to cheer for her?

Rest day today for me.  I've run 3 days in a row and my leg was a little sore yesterday, and I don't want a setback.  Maybe a walk if I have time, since it's absolutely beautiful out today.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

Carolyn I'm sorry!  I've wondered about that.  (there I go again.  at least, there's not a big gap here ;-) )    I'm just always too wordy anyway so I try to have a smaller footprint.        glad you're being careful.     how's your snow?

Welcome back Dave, & Joey!

Jeanne, thanks.  I will (keep you posted .. better?)    My appt. is tomorrow afternoon.   I'm headed out in a minute to go pick up surgical records, I want to know what kind of mesh they used.  There have been a lot of problems with various kinds & , well, it's probably ok but I'm not sure.

Thanks Tom.    So sorry for Sandy's race but I'm glad she was running so well, & that she's going to try it again.  Nice watch pass off on your part!           

Holly, my DD has worn glasses since she was fairly young & had some pretty big leaps.   I was never comfortable about it, I had her checked pretty carefully each time.   They've settled down a lot now and seem to be fine but she is at, oh I forget (since she is now doing this on her own!) -10 or -11 diopters.  Something like that.   yikes.

Yay you wrote a report!   

Thanks Stevep...     hey nice 20 miler!   did you get ice cream too?   does this mean your back is ok?

very cool that Jeanne & Slo_hand, & Steve & Mary have races together soon.   

more catch up later I hope.

TomS - Slo said it best of all.  You are a true gentleman and overall gracious and caring human being.  Thank you for being you.  Best of luck to Sandy at her next marathon.

Dave - Welcome back!  I have 6 cats.  Want one?  Oh wait.  The Troll has returned.  6.5 cats.  Wilson would probably love his own account as he continually tries to take over the keyboard when I'm on my laptop.

Mary - You're either coming into some money or you have poison oak. (kidding!)

Erika - I was talking to The Hub the other night and about a sushi rolling party night I had with some girlfriends last year.  Did it on a weekend he was gone.  Him:  "You should do that again." Me: "When are you leaving?"

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Leslie, sort of like: "how can I miss you if you won't go away?" That thought crosses my mind occasionally.

My cellphone dings like a doorbell when I get a text message. DH loves to text. Remember, we're 4 hours off east coast time. So when it was 10 pm and Holly was dead tired and trying to sleep, it was only 6 pm in Fairbanks and my phone "ding dong'd" a lot... poor Holly. At one point, she yelled, "Answer the $%^#$ door!" So I had to tell DH I was shutting off the sound for the night! We were laughing about it, just one of many funny things from that weekend.

wildchild

Carolyn

"how can I miss you if you won't go away?"

My DH is away this week.  Yeah, I miss him... sort of.   

Thanks for the doorbell explanation. Funny that your DH likes to text, Erika.  My DH doesn't even know how.  Last night he called home and had my DD walk him through how to save a received phone number - when she got to the part about entering someone's name, I heard her say "you push "7" 3 times, for an R. "   

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I wake up every morning with one 10 pound cat on me but he FEELS like 55 pounds, the way he slings himself against me, and then there's the petite little 7 pound former mom (B4 I got her--she showed up at the shelter with one of her kittens and preggers) who starts licking me around 5 am in hopes I'll remember to feed her (after 9 years, she still remembers being out on the streets).

Who eee, windeeeee still out there.  Pshew.  5 easy ones for me--feel more creaky today (I ran a 10K Sunday) than I did last Tuesday after Boston.    Those short races kill me.

Holly, please post peekshures of the pink frames on our favorite model?  And I like soup for breakfast at times, esp. weekends,  but never admitted it before. 

Glad you are running and being prudent, Carolyn.  It's hard not to run in spring.

Hey there Dave59--my Dh is running the Deadwood Half--I'm supposed to do the full.

Tom, send my best to your daughter--we'll all be interested in and following her next attempt.

And what Slo said about Mari's post.

Ciao!

A

Masters 2000 miles
                      Finally stopped raining, so I finally went running.  Not that the rain was the only thing keeping me from running.  Anyway, 3.1 miles early this evening in almost fall-like, low-50s, light breeze conditions.  Beautiful, except for the pollen.  Sheesh, it just stopped raining like two hours ago, I don't know how all of the pollen had time to dissipate that fast.

Feet still feeling greta in Nike Frees.  Off to lots o' stretching to keep the calves and ATs happy.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Leslie, sort of like: "how can I miss you if you won't go away?" That thought crosses my mind occasionally.

Only occasionally?  I won't comment on how often it crosses my mind.

About 6 years ago, The Hub went back East for a 3-week vacation.  I wasn't able to go.  He was only gone 2 days before he started calling.  Me: "Why are you calling me?"  Him: "I miss you."  Me: "For crying out loud, it's only been 2 days!"  But then he had to tell me all that he'd been up to in those two days.  I think it may have made me even more irritated.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Too much going on here - too little time to read.  No time to comment!   I seriously need to work less.

Another Tuesday night at 45-cent wing night at Buffalo Wild Wings.  We are easily amused.

5 miles this morning - 10:05 pace.  I'm not pushing it, and for that my legs are grateful.  But like Holly, I've got some Boston poundage to take care of.  Hmm - I think there is a half-pint glass of IPA with my name on it before bed.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Too much going on here - too little time to read.  No time to comment!   I seriously need to work less.

I am so with you!!!  Work less = more time to run.  Smile

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

great reads today.....TomS - sorry about your daughter's experience but sounds like she has a great attitude -- will be interested to hear how her "real" marathon goes!

dave - welcome back

tonight hit the gym instead of dealing with the pouring rain ....4.3 miles on the treadmill, first 2 at a 9:30 pace then the rest slower with increasing incline -- need to start getting ready for Mt Washington road race

20 min arc trainor hill workout

ab machines

pushups  (the girly kind)

close to the end of my workout i looked out and saw a beautiful sunset and the rain had stopped but when i went out was surprised at how drastically the temp had dropped!!

denise

SteveP

Mary, DD#2 says there is a craft show in Holland this weekend.

WB Dave!!!!!

How's the family????

It's great you went to Sandy's race Tom. I wish a few things had turned out differently.

another crazy long day at work.

SteveP