Masters Running

Saturday October 11 Runs (Read 565 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

lynden, I knew you were going to be fast but, when running in new territory, to avoid getting lost, let the locals take the lead until you can see the finish line.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ps - no particular reason but I thought 26.2 miles was needed for a butterfly hug. uhmm

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

I had a nice visit with my brother last evening. I keep remembering that he was only 8 years old when I left for college, and we've rarely lived in the same region of the country since then. So when I do see him (once every few years), it's always a shock to realize that he's as old as he is. My mental image of him is still as a little kid. Anyone else have this kind of thing happen to them?
        I have an imaginary friend who look just as good today as she did 40 years ago. However, no one else can confirm this.
        Steve P--I grew up not far from "The Golden Lion," a restaurant Joe Schmidt owned and watched the Lions every Thanksgiving (and Sundays) play the Packers--that used to be the holiday schedule tradition. And I like that song Wink grins, A
        I zillion years ago, I worked in a hotel and met a number of the team..Some were retired and some were still playing. The team we have now has had a rough streak. They've shown that they can play good football...The need to play it for 4 whole quarters. Gordon, some times wrong turns are kewl. Getting to hang with the RD is kewl too. You're my hero for the day. After getting a friend moved, my brother and I got the bikes out and took a color tour along part of the Bayshore Marathon route. 13 miles...sweet!!!!!

SteveP