Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 01/03 (Read 515 times)

Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you. (Denis Waitley)

I apologize for not getting the totals posted last week.

Have a good one, folks.

Erika - 30.9 miles run, 4.2 miles walked, 1 hr 11 min. weights, 40 minutes pool run, 3.5 miles elliptical

Lyndenrunner - 16.25 running miles

Evryday - 21 running miles

pfriese - 47.9 running miles

Nono -

Dutchie - 26 kilometers biking, upper - 2x, abs - 1x

dg - 17.7 running miles, 2.6 walking miles, 20 biking minutes, 1:15 strength training minutes, 20 elliptical minutes

Shadowrunner - 20.1 running miles

Eliz - ran 10.5, walked 3; "biked" around the living room for 1:15:00 Gettin' it done on her new trainer!

fatozzig - 20 trail miles, 24 road miles.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 miles running OR 30 min biking; TRX-ing --------------------------------  30 min cycling; 30 min TRX-ing

Wed - 10 miles w/strides ------------------------------------------------------------------ 8 miles w/strides - 9:34 ap

Thurs - 3 miles running OR 30 min biking; TRX-ing ------------------------------- 30 min cycling; 30 min TRX-ing

Fri - Rest

Sat - 22 trail miles --------------------------------------------------------------------------- 22 miles in 5:59:49

Sun - 16 road miles ------------------------------------------------------------------------- 12 road miles (problems)

Totals: 20 road miles, 22 trail miles, 1 hr cycling, 1 hr TRX-ing

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! Hey, nice week for you last week!

This week for me will be a "see how it feels" week. After almost 31 miles last week, I'll need to see how the foot recovers before heading too far into the week.

Monday: 12 minutes (1.33 miles) elliptical, 25 minutes weights, 15 minutes pool run

Tuesday: 7 miles at just under 8:30 pace @ -11F... then .45 mile walk cool down

Wednesday: 5.6 miles of hills, .35 mile walk c/d

Thursday: 8.26 miles on the treadmill, including 3 x .25 mile @ 7:30 pace; .75 mile walk w/u and c/d

Friday: 35 minutes pool running

Saturday: 35 minutes elliptical (4.2 miles), 25 minutes weights (upper back/lats/arms)... hot tub afterwards

Sunday: 11 minutes (1.25 mile) elliptical, 30 minutes weights (legs/abs), 30 minutes pool running

Totals: 20.9 miles run, 1 hr 20 min. pool running, 1 hr 20 min. weights, 6.8 mile elliptical, 1.5 mile walking

Thanks Leslie

Mon........rest..............nope

Tues......6miles.........nada

Wed.......9miles.........negatory

Thurs.....rest..............zero

Frid........7miles.........9miles

Sat.........rest..............6miles  52 pushups

Sun........15miles......15miles

Total....30miles and 52 pushups

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.  I didn't post last week's actual mileage until this morning.  Actual mileage is 20.1 for last week.  Being on vacation this week I am not as driven to post. 

Planned training schedule

• Mon - Rest day; Free weights - upper body - one hour done.  Nice and tired after free weights.  Needed it too.  Felt great.
            • Tue - 35 min Temp [4.1 mile] run Decided to do a long run today.  Very windy today and with temps in the 20's running a tempo didn't make sense.  Plus need the mileage.  Did 6.5 miles @ 8:35 pace despite the head winds.  Not really a long by most folks' standards but I am still only about 3 months from last injury.  So for me it is a long - for now.
            • Wed - 4.5 mile easy planned  6 miles @ 8:30 pace, another cold run this morning but no wind so not as bad as yesterday.  But two long runs in 2 days so I will postpone free weight work-out  to tomorrow afternoon.  Give me something to do on last day of 2009. ; free weights
            • Thurs - Rest day; free weights done.  Pre-party work-out
            • Fri - 5k Cham-Pain race done.  Pace 7:37.  Happy New Year everyone.  Lots of runners showed up for this race including a few that just wanted to run a 5K today w/o doing entire winter series.  I also did a 1 mile warm-up run prior to race @ 9 min pace. 
            • Sat - Rest day for running; free weights done - 1 hour, 15 min.
            • Sun - 5.3 mile Jingle Bell Race  "Pick Your Time" [re-scheduled to accomodate Jingle Bell Race to Jan 10th] Pretty sure I missed my time so only counting the mileage.  Temps were in the low 20's and with the high winds the wind chill temps in single digits.  Was a bad race or off day for me for running.  Trying to forget how bad it felt and the race in general.  I did finish but only on pure stubborness.  Anyway, race report if interested is on the Pre-dawn Patrol forum. 

Due to rescheduled race I will need to play it day by day to reach goal mileage of 21+ this week. 

total mileage 22 miles.  Free weights 3X this week for total of 3 hours, 15 minutes.  I didn't track pre-run core excercises.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Thanks again Leslie...Hope you had a great Christmas!!!

Mon-5.25 miles

Tue-Off

Wed-4 miles

Thur-4 miles

Fri-Off

Sat-5 miles

Sun-Off

Total=18.25 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                Monday - up and down the steps at least 50 times while de-cluttering the whole darn house; emptied boxes that haven't seen the light of day since I moved in 5-1/2 years ago; but no running or real XT, so REST

Tuesday - down and out with a sinus infection and slight fever  

Wednesday - dragged my runny nose to run 6.7 miles and walk 1.0 miles; actually feel better after running than before

Thursday - stood out in the cold and rain for 3+ hours for an awesome cause:  an open house for an historic building that a group of us are trying to save and we think we have a buyer!!!!!!!  

Friday - ran 4.1 (including a 5K race) & walked 1.0  

Saturday - ran 2 and walked 1 in the wind tunnel that is my neighborhood today;  was managing the wind fairly well, but legs are pretty dead from yesterday and then stomach distress kicked in, so I called it a day

Sunday - just some yoga today; drove to NJ and back in the same day for church and a meeting; incredibly cold and windy there - couldn't even bear it in the house for more than about an hour

Summary:  ran 12.8, including the first 5K of 2010; walked 3; cleaned a little, stretched a little, rested a lot  Smile

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Did you all have a great Xmas? Get any running (or fitness related) gifts?

Eliz: is that you in the avatar? What a lovely pic ETA: what happened, where are the kids that were in the pic?

Leslie: how do you always manage to do two long runs back to back. I'm soooo in awe everytime I see it.

Mon.....UB+abs + bike commute

Done, and my shoulders are soooo sore today. Why did I decide it was time to up the weights?

Tue......7K interval  60min easy run + bike commute

TM run this morning. Still running on Xmas songs. Was pretty hard at the beginning. Calfs were tight and stiff. Didn't think I could do an interval today. So opted for an easy 60min run. Kinda zoned out after 15 minutes. No walkbreaks. Felt good in the end after 9.03 kilometers 

And I biked to work (13km)

Wed.....10 min of slowly getting my 5th run back in + 30min LB + Abs

Carefully adding back in a 5th run: 10 minutes on the TM this morning, adding up to 1.5 kilometers. Added a short, non-weighted LB w/o and finished with a non-traditional core w/o. All in all I was done in less than 60 minutes.

Thu.......(New Year's Eve) 10K out&back + 30min swim if the pool's open

Finished the year with 9.3 kilometers on the treadmill. 2010 here I come

Everyone: happy new year!

Fri.........(New Year's Day) 30min max HITT training (or plyo, not sure yet) + UB + abs

Today was supposed to be at least UB and abs, but instead I got rid of the Xmas tree and all the decorations and cleaned the living room. Took me 5 hours! Ofcouse, I had coffee and chocolats inbetween, and was watching Harry Potter while I was doing it  

Sat........6.5K doggie run + 30min boxing w/o

First did UB. Big mistake. I felt totally exhausted when I was finished. Lack of carbs and too much bad foods I guess  Decided on lunch and a nap first.

I had no running mojo after I woke up, but I had to get this 1st run of the year in!! So hopped on the TM for 6.5K:

2km@9.0K, struggling through it with 4 walk breaks
                  1km@9.5K, not struggling so much anymore with only 1 walk break
                  1km@9.5K, feeling good!
                  1km@10K, woohoo I was flyin'
                  1km@10.5K, huh, what?! impossible!!
                  500 meters@11K, oh my gosh.....
                  Woohoo, feel unbelievably happy and energised now

Sun.........6.5K doggie run + 10K slooooowwwww + Flex.Warrior yoga

6.5K doggie run with Spike&Spooky, followed by another 10K "long run" with Spooky only.

Absolutely magical runs this morning. It was sunny, -3 with a windchill of -6, fresh snow, and the sun made it look like someone sprayed a kazillion little diamonds along my path. Beautiful!! The yaktraks were perfect for the circumstances. But it was a tough run nonetheless. But so incredibly unique. For me.. for us Dutch... I've never seen a Winter like this. Except when I lived in Germany.

Running mileage: 42.83 kilometers for the week, 23 kilometers for the new year

Biking mileage: 13 kilometers

UB: 2x

LB1x

Abs: 2x

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Eliza if that's you in the avatar - Hi!!!!!

Dutchie - Sometimes the second one is  struggle, but I will be very happy about these come April.

PS: If you guys know njjoe on this thread, he just passed the 3000 mile mark for the year!

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Yep, that's me in the avatar.  I cropped out the kiddos - not sure their mom would want them in cyber-space.  The full pic is of me and the two oldest godsons, before DGS #3 was even thought of, so it's at least 4 years old.  It was back when I was doing the highlight thing, still pretending to be a blonde, which I haven't been naturally since I was about 12!

Eliz  Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

Absolutely magical runs this morning. It was sunny, -3 with a windchill of -6, fresh snow, and the sun made it look like someone sprayed a kazillion little diamonds along my path. Beautiful!!

Awesome. 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

I've bee sick all week. Hopefully will be able to ramp back up next week.

M - 8 miles

T - 3 miles

W - 8.4 miles

Th - sick

F - sick

Sa - sick

Su - sick

Total - 19.4 miles

Paul

dg.

late again.   sorry! 

Thanks Leslie... will just throw in the totals.  I'm not logging things very well lately.

Run: 29.8 Mi
                            Bike: 15 minutes
                            Weights: 1:30:00
                            Elliptical: 25 minutes

some Sadie walking but I don't know how much. 

speaking of which, I should go do that now!