Masters Running

Fabulous Friday, the Fourth Day of June - Daily runs (Read 532 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Karin--he was just being polite to the elderly.  

I'll hold him down, if anyone wants to take a swing at him......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

As I'm leaving I see a Dad with some kind of race T-shirt on that looks pretty cool...and the other telltale signs that he is a runner, like a completely flat stomach.  Ladies (ones without runner husbands) don't you just drool when you see these guys?  It is shameful, a mid-40's woman drooling over a 30 something guy......but I can't help it.

Thanks Enke.  But I have no idea why you would think I'm a 30-something guy. 

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

SteveP

Take care of your lower back Mary...Nice splits.

We're excited for you and TimBo, Holly!!!

..... now I will just need to think up a better story to go with them.

I think what really happened was.....You were rescuing a scared  kitten....little old lady out of a tree burning moped and some clown joker pants you and then knocked you down.

Good luck moving Slo.

I'd love to put some distance in on Virginie Beach's board walk. How did we run with out Garmins???

Sounds like a sweet ride TomS

On the way home from work, I saw a blood drive going on...Picked up a 7 gallon pin.

SteveP

Karin--he was just being polite to the elderly.  

Watch it Gramps! Stumpy!....we live in the same State and your alma mater is a client. Wonder if they'd let me borrow a yearbook or two? 

jtv

Had to take some cupcakes into DD's school this morning and as I'm leaving I see a Dad with some kind of race T-shirt on that looks pretty cool...and the other telltale signs that he is a runner, like a completely flat stomach.  Ladies (ones without runner husbands) don't you just drool when you see these guys?  It is shameful, a mid-40's woman drooling over a 30 something guy......but I can't help it.

Enke

I don't see a problem with this.  Kinda like when DW says lets go to the beach.  Why else would I want to go to a hot, sweaty, sandy place with lots of .......   Just need to make sure I wear my sunglasses!  In the summer, it's either there or yard work.  At least DW is a runner.

Ok, So I'm not a dirty ole lady.  We all are!

Next time I'll ask him about his race shirt to confirm that he is a runner and not just malnurished.

Breger, being so tall, you probably get "are you a basketball player" comment more than "are you a runner".

TomS - my sister used to own a Specialized, when she was in her late twenties/early thirties.  She never went cheap on anything so it is probably a good bike.

Still deciding on that run.....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

TomS - I bought one of the Specialized comfort bikes last year and I call it my "old lady bike"  I just love it!    Now all I need is a basket for the front ..... that'd send DH right over the edge no doubt.  Big grin

The other night I saw a young soldier all  in his dress uniform, medals shining and DH offered to help me get my head back on straight.  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

The other night I saw a young soldier all  in his dress uniform, medals shining and DH offered to help me get my head back on straight.  

Me does love a man in uniform. (salivating smiley here)

Tom - Very nice pic!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

Karin, you're such a good mom!    : D

hugs from me to all the injured, too.    Mary, maybe you should have sat in the cooler full of beer!

Jeanne be really careful with your foot this weekend!  It's easier to make up a few days than it is a few weeks.

Holly too bad about the dinner, kind of, but I was a little worried about that.   Though it does sound like they have good food.     I just had a really bad LR once in the heat after eating something I shouldn't have...      I hope you have a cool front too!!

Thanks for all the Bday wishes for DD..     ya'll are silly but you're right.  I was 3 when I had her. 

Byll, you were 2 when you adopted your DD, right?   Happy birthday to both of them!

my dog ate my memo....  so I went to the gym this morning.. just 35 min. on the elliptical, & then more core work then I'm ready for.  .. back lifts, calf lifts, leg presses (woohoo) knee extensions, lat pulldowns, arm press, stab. ball hammie curls, side planks & russian twists.  I was so excited to have done a few new things earlier this week, (I'm so pathetic!)  I just did too many new ones in one clump today.   No big deal, just a learning curve.   And it still was fun.  

Holly & Tim good luck tomorrow!!!

SteveP

Nice picture TomS!!!

SteveP

Watch it Gramps! Stumpy!....we live in the same State and your alma mater is a client. Wonder if they'd let me borrow a yearbook or two? 

Ooooooo....get that book!  Yessireee!  We wanna see Kevvy's yearbook peekshure!

Holly and Tim, all the best this weekend! 

Just 3 for me--will do a few more after work with D., then have to rest up as I get to chase Dave59 around these parts on Sunday.

Good for you, SteveP!  Are you ok running after you donate or do you hold off for a while?

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                        SteveP

Good for you, SteveP!  Are you ok running after you donate or do you hold off for a while?

Tonights run got shelved until Saturday. Then lotsa fluids

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hi Guys,

Been busy today with stuff, and getting ready for tomorrow.....the way I was sorting through what to bring, you would think I was going on vacation or something . Been watching the forecast pretty closely, and it sure looks like Me and Holly will have definitely have rain and storms, and the real life temperature - with the humidity -  is suppose to be around 95 degrees. I just kinda laugh at that now, and just look forward to seeing Holly again and finishing the race in one piece.....who cares about time in THOSE conditions. Plus, everyone who races Ultras have said..........just have fun.

Funny thing about planning races like this in Indiana or Ohio at the first of June....it could very well be 45 degrees, or 95 degrees any given year.

good lord.............if I carb loaded anymore....I think I would turn into a donut  , but I am very well hydrated and feel good and rested.

Good luck to Tammy and Laura tomorrow, and anyone else who is racing.

Hope everyone is having a great day, and have a great weekend!

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Oh, Posey, thanks for the encouraging shout out, my sassy sistah.  Sorry to disappoint, but I walked today instead of running.

Holly - congrats to your DD.  The story about her playing with a friend in the conference room reminded me of the day my best friend and I played Barbies in the faculty room of the engineering department at the college where her mom worked.  I'm doing post-grad work there now (in education) and I have a class right down the hall from where we played.  Cracks me up every time I go to class.

Mom and I went to her house this evening with the plan to get the last of the boxes out of her house.  Only about half of them fit in my car and/or were light enough for me to carry on my own, so big bro and I need to make yet another trip to get the rest of the stuff out.  Drenched from the heat and humidity after the box-moving excursion, and it was pretty late, but I didn't totally make excuses - I walked 30 minutes.  

Hoping to get two good runs in this weekend between the predicted thunderstorms.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

Eliz, disappoint us by walking??? NEVER! Not all days are meant to be ran...ask me about it...I was planning to RAW today, but I decided to sit happily on my porch, listen to jazz music and read a book.

Go racers!!!!!!

Gorgeous picture tselbs. Son Tom is one handsome boy! You must be so proud of your kids.

Thinking of the Newport runners!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard